planning on trying out NordVPN since I've heard a lot about it laterly

Attached: 7598.jpg (1280x800, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I recommend it. Really good VPN.
Because I have it.

They leak data to the kikes.

I am using AirVPN, works wonders. Sometimes VPN makes me do captchas on every fucking site I visit, but works well with torrents, good speed, many server.

Some time ago I saw a NordVPN promo (which I think has ended) that offered like 3 years for 70€.

How's nord behaving? How does it work with torrents? And on mobile? AirVPN sucks on mobile since you gotta do clunky stuff with OpenVPN app and stuff....

T. Pia shill

mullvad

P A R A N O I A

>t. shill that posts the same shit every week

Perfect Privacy
AirVPN

These are the only two viable choices.
t. did a ton of research

T E S O N E T

Cool story, bro. How is PIA doing?

On topic, I'm using NordVPN and zero issues so far. Many servers, good speeds, zero logs, maybe not the nicest Linux client, but at least it is based in Panama so out of the fourteen eyes, unlike some other providers.

NordVPN's mobile app is nice, just push one button and you are connected. Torrenting is fine too, zero DMCA letters, just be sure to set up a kill switch and never turn off the VPN while your torrent app is on.

Mullvad is the only Jow Forums approved VPN

can I trust PIA niggers

No, inside the US and owned by Gooks. PIA is an obvious honeypot.

Is there any kind of third party auditing these companies go through?

I always hear a lot of marketing & promises but no proof they dont log everything you do.

Another +1 for AirVPN. Been using them for a few years. Good speeds.
>AirVPN extra based because the client is in the Arch User Repository, LOL!

I hear Cryptostorm is the shit for anonymity.
Could be a honeypot though.

Mullvad or that chink one if you don't trust swedes

you can't trust any VPN except the VPN you own.
PIA has a good track record, they haven't released logs when demanded by courts or federal agencies.
All people have on them is speculative because of where they're based.

VPNs aren't to be trusted, they add an extra layer of obfuscation but not actual privacy you can rely on.

I use AirVPN, and have for some years. I'm happy with it.

I don't really trust any VPN service's custom client, just on the basis that it's likely to have fewer developers with less experience and receive less scrutiny from outside security people than vanilla OpenVPN is. (I believe AirVPN's supports Linux, but I know some providers' don't) My understanding is that the main function of the custom clients is to provide killswitch functionality, I do that with a script that runs UFW and nmcli.

privacy is a spectrum and heavily dependent on your threat model, not a binary thing that you either have completely or totally lack.

hey user I want to know your oppinions on this.

>Has wireguard option
>Mullvad accepts cash
>no logging of connections, including when one is made, when it disconnects, for how long, or any kind of timestamp
>no logging of IP addresses
>no logging of user bandwidth
>We refrain from sending usage statistics to external parties such as Google Analytics.
>5 simultaneous connections

Read privacytools.io

It's constantly shilled here with this kind of threads, that's a HUGE red flag.

>privacy is a spectrum and heavily dependent on your threat model, not a binary thing that you either have completely or totally lack.

Not him but in the end it boils down to either you have privacy or you don't. Just because no one gives a shit about something "less important" today, doesn't mean it can't change in the future.

t. PIA marketing team

>>Not him but in the end it boils down to either you have privacy or you don't
Flat wrong and overly simplistic. There's no other way to put it. You have to consider what you want to keep private, from who, and what their capabilities are.

No, a VPN won't magically hide you from a targeted attack by a three-letter agency. But it will foil at least some of their passive collect-it-all programs, since those rely on being easy and simple (so they can be done at massive scale) and being able to see things like HTTPS SNI and DNS requests in the clear.

They also stop those two things from being visible to your ISP, which is significant. Can you guarantee the VPN provider is trustworthy? No, you can't. But you have better odds with a VPN provider than your ISP, since there are many more providers to choose from, and they compete on privacy - in many or most areas, neither of these is the case for ISPs. A VPN will also effectively stop your ISP from knowing if you're using things like Tor or i2p. It's also useful for privacy against people like the folks running a wi-fi hotspot that you want to use.

Lastly just changing your IP address reduces the ability of sites you visit to geolocate you. Having a bunch of VPN servers to connect to means you can change said IP and reduce your fingerprint. Said IP is probably shared at any given time with a bunch of other users of the VPN service, unlike one you set up yourself on a VPS somewhere.

So does the VPN give you absolute have-it-or-you-don't privacy? No. It interferes to varying extents with some things that several common adversaries can use to attack your privacy. In combination with other things you can do, it can completely foil some of these adversaries, and make invading your privacy more difficult and costly for others, even if it doesn't make it impossible. That's significant and worth having.

Attached: let me tell you why that's bullshit 2.png (467x346, 223K)

>But you have better odds with a VPN provider than your ISP, since there are many more providers to choose from, and they compete on privacy - in many or most areas, neither of these is the case for ISPs
this is a good point.
I have never, ever seen an ISP market themselves on privacy, not even a passing mention.
They'll talk about streaming Netflix, online gaming, international video calls with family, but never ever about privacy.
Really makes you think...

absolutely based and redpilled af

>not rolling your own VPN
Absolutely disgusting

yeah because running your own VPN is going to give you IP addresses in 40 different countries

the problem i see with that is you dont get the "anonymity" by using a shared IP with many other users

Just buy out several IPs, problem solved.

In my use case, I'm not after anonymity. All I need is just to get around my university's firewall.

If you are after anonymity, then you can choose a VPS provider that accepts crypto (there is a website that has a huge list of providers that accept crypto and are privacy centric in terms of signing up, but I can't find it).

I'm curious about this too
I discovered Nord from youtubers and I see more and more of them giving out promocodes

Mullvad or proxy.sh.

>NordVPN

Attached: 1513987364927.png (274x320, 34K)

kys kike.

>believing a dumb lawsuit by a literal israeli botnet company

mullvad

restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/

What is the best service or product to find where someone is giving an ip address

>Just buy out several IPs
yeah and that's just expensive and complicated

literal fake news website