Jow Forums tells me linux is a meme for losers and nobody with a job uses it for anything

>Jow Forums tells me linux is a meme for losers and nobody with a job uses it for anything
>go to university for cs
>second year classes literally require using linux, bash scripting and using the command line EVERY FUCKING DAY
WTF Jow Forums LIED TO ME

Attached: 1487323965269.jpg (957x621, 87K)

Stupid frogposter

well yeah... what did you expect?

most of Jow Forums is filled with 15 year old faggots with pimples drinking mt dew and posting about the newest graphics card

they are the ones who stay up until 2am in high school playing WoW and fail their algebra test, work at McDonalds and then start loving Bernie Sanders

/thread

intelligent frogposter

>losers and nobody with a job
>university
Exactly

>t. amerimutt burger flipper

go back to r*ddit, frogposter

t. butthurt uneducated tradecuck soon to be automated out of a job

Attached: drywall_bot.png (906x585, 378K)

Fine, sure, Linux and the shell are used in academia and in industry.

But that's different from
>muh gentoo
>muh stallman
>muh terry
>muh thonkpad repairing
>muh arch
>muh ricing
and so on.

When Jow Forums says linux is a meme for losers, we mean for-its-own-sake desktop usage, not using it to get something done or to develop for a program that will run on a unix environment.

programming crud apps (aka, 95% of software jobs) doesn't require a university education you're right, but no one in the united states is taken seriously without either a college or trade education

go to a community college while freelancing on the side if you hate uni so much

>t. incel

>we
Reddit.

>we
Speak for yourself, plebbit

Honestly if you get used to using Arch on your desktop, using Linux for work will become second nature.

>WE
>le get ""something"" done
Head back to redshit, mongoloid boomer

Using arch as anything other than a hobbyist project is a colossal waste of time. Every second you spend figuring out why your wireless driver isn't working is a second you're not spending doing something productive. There is some argument to be made in using it as a trial by fire to force you to learn the system, but once you've got a degree of familiarity it's absurd to continue using it for your workstation.

>falling for the linux meme
>not using superior BSD

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1600x900, 83K)

Funny how my windows network driver crashes every half an hour but my manjaro setup failed not for once.

that's different than running straight arch though

You have to be pretty fucking retarded to take time figuring out how to install a driver, especially because wireless drivers come installed ootb.
Even so, it's far better than fighting with your OS to remove built in ads that pops back up every update.

>nobody with a job uses it for anything
Nobody ever said this except baiting retards like:
>we

Honestly, if you're going to install arch for a "learning experience" instead of just using ubuntu/debian/mint/fedora/macos like a sane person, why not go all the way and do linux from scratch?

automate me cleaning your wife's pipes heh

Has been automated long ago, fa.m

based and redpilled

>muh arch is unstable boogeyman
god I'm sick seeing this. When have you used arch? was it 10 years ago?
I use arch linux on my desktop with newest hardware (don't have wifi card though) and after setting it up a year ago I had none issues.
And I use plasma desktop with it, which suppose to be unstable (another meme).
Stop talking out of your ass, mong. You clearly know nothing.

>muh lebbit
>muh Jow Forums is not one person
>not checking my quads
the absolute state of Jow Forumsoyim

tbqh arch works very well for non-normalfag desktop usage because it's rolling release and being very close to upstream, but it's probably not gonna be an option in an enterprise environment

Attached: 1451847925637.jpg (380x250, 12K)

>quads

i tried installing arch once and gave up when i realized i have more important and productive things to do than editing hex values in some wifi driver .config file.

I've been using Arch on my laptop since 2016 without encountering any issues that couldn't be solved within minutes.

Dumb arch poster, I ran arch and other meme distros for two and half years, 2014-2016.
>after setting it up a year ago I had none issues.
I suppose if the slate of things you do with your computer is completely fixed it's ok, it's the fact that you have to set up basic shit that becomes insufferable.

>move apartments, have to reconfigure wireless
>have to run program for uni class, have to debug why it doesn't work or install a VM
>xorg breaks (doesn't happen as much as the memes say but is not an unknown occurrence), have to debug that using my fucking phone

TRANSLATION: I couldn't figure out how to partition my disk so I gave up and pretend I had WiFi issues.

>source: my ass

most software companies require Linux
you either work on Linux or Mac (if they provide them)
windows is useless toy when it comes to programming nowadays
windows has no bash, no git, no ability to really debug anything, it is only a burden

Google: Goobuntu (Ubuntu LTS based)
Amazon AWS: Linux on bare metal, AWS Linux AMI, CentOS and others in VMs
Samsung: Ubuntu Linux LTS
Microsoft: they are switching to Linux too, just can't say it loud, see WSL
automotive industry, AI, self-driving cars: all Linux (mostly Ubuntu)

>2014-2016
found your problem, faggot.

i use arch btw

maybe hackernews is more your speed?

Attached: 1278292357924.jpg (238x192, 12K)

Are you claiming that in the past two years Arch has reached a state of perfect stability and ease of use? I find that difficult to believe, but if I have time this weekend I'll fire it up on my spare laptop and see.

>Arch has reached a state of perfect stability
This is pretty much the case. Even KDE is stable on Arch now which wasn't the case 3 years ago.

I'm not, there's nothing 100% stable.
I'm saying that on desktop, using plasma DE with new hardware I have no issues past year.
I've used arch longer than a year, but with GNOME DE, because plasma krashed on me several times.
Plasma, does have more moving parts than GNOME and because arch is rolling release...

tl;dr use GNOME for more stability.

make sure to post your results in a new thread or /fglt/
will monitor

>'use footfetishOS' they said
>'it will be stable' they said

Attached: kek.webm (405x720, 2.82M)

It's an IQ test I guess

>hurr durr, look at a bug I found in BETA ubuntu release
>lol guys, GNOME sucks!

I'm just kidding, I've never actually tried to install Arch.

I unironically had to do that with Ubuntu on a new thinkpad though.

No, nu/g/ lied to you. Nu/g/ is comprised of /v/ictims who finally learnt how to cmd.
Maybe if you weren't a newfag, you'd have got the correct information from real Jow Forums.

Attached: 4u.jpg (474x449, 21K)

> for-its-own-sake desktop usage, not using it to get something done or to develop for a program
That literally means desktop installation: use it on a dedicated PC to "get something done".

>WOW

Boomer detected.

>18.04
>beta
pick one and only one frendo

Attached: 1672319637896.jpg (1024x749, 106K)

>frogposting
go back

Attached: 1520681798998.gif (500x382, 125K)

Based and redpilled

>t. high schooler with no real world experience
>>>/global/rules/2

Exactly, windows users need Noobjaro. God forbid you ever have to look at an actual tty.

>wtf is wpa_supplicant
>I have to manually type that in?!?!

shut up faget

aboslutely based, redpilled, Jow Forums btfo and seething

no u

Attached: 1581438467978.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

If you're reading this comment, you're using gnu+linux.

Attached: 1512585483597.gif (200x200, 494K)