Just ordered the OnePlus 6 because my old phone started acting up. what am I getting myself into?

Just ordered the OnePlus 6 because my old phone started acting up. what am I getting myself into?

Attached: https_%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F777116%2F72154279-4 (1440x960, 203K)

That's a big phone.

iPhone performance, better than iPhone battery life for half the iPhone price. Congrats.

I think this is the one without the headphone jack which is pretty lame.

But I was really happy with the hardware/software on my oneplus 3 so hopefully it will be the same here.

4 u

nice iPhone clone!

It's a nice phone OP, but you're fucked if you need warranty.

this one has the headphone jack. It's the 6t that doesn't

Yeah, it is pretty big compared to what I'm used to.

Thanks my dude.

This one has headphone jack. I'm not going to buy a phone without one because 3.5mm is just too versatile and I can't depend on everything working with bluetooth.

I don't need warranty, most likely going to root it anyways.

you dont lose oneplus warranty if you root it, also i heard stories of oneplus rma being horrible but i think its just an amerilard thing, for me in europe i arranged an rma and my phone was picked up and monday and back fixed on wednesday the same week

Oh nice, I'm used to losing the warranty because of rooting.

are you gonna install a custom rom too? instead of gapps i use microg on my rom which is a free software implementation of proprietary google APIs, it allows you to use things such as gcm (system which most apps use for notifications) and location services, without actually being part of the google botnet

Is microg confirmed legit? I like OsmAnd for offline maps, but google maps / Waze is really GOAT for navigation

what do you mean by confirmed legit? the code is freely available on github and i use it right now on my 3T running android 9 and it works fine, as it has for the last 6+ months i've been using it
i also use osm but google maps works with microg

I'm not too sure yet. From what I've heard the default ROM for OnePlus is pretty good without bloatware and things like that, but I'll have to look more into it after I've actually experienced how OxygenOS is like.

I mean is it truly botnet free?

it is pretty good but for some reason they changed functionality of the alert slider a few years ago (the three way switch on the side of the phone), now you can no longer use it for ring - vibrate - silent , you can only use it for do not disturb which for me is useless and reason enough to leave oxygen. its really mind boggling that they haven't changed it back all these years considering the backlash from the community

what do you want me to tell you fucker? i said it was, will you be satisfied if i repeat the same thing again? read the code on github if you want to make sure for yourself, it's the only way.

>notch

Attached: 1529954437599.jpg (399x400, 13K)

>he doesn't realise the notch is not taking away screen space, but rather that he gets extra screen space for notifications at the places where there would have been a bezel otherwise
americans...

>defending ugly design choices
shitskins...

Attached: 1462926072924.png (500x500, 12K)

i'm a white european but thanks for your 56%

>european
>white

Attached: 1463086224855.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

you do realise you are literally us? well, not really anymore because you got all mixed up with africans and indians, but that all of your white genes come from europe? you do realise that, don't you..?
i suppose it is difficult to get an education when you get shot if you try to got school

>this upset

Attached: fretgyhyujik8munjyb.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

>no argument

Attached: 1500298709401.png (1104x927, 56K)

Attached: download.jpg (209x241, 6K)

kek

GLOWING

Attached: 1510707538810.gif (640x550, 204K)

>what am I getting myself into?
>only a 3300 mAh battery for a Snapdragon 845
>notch
>no physical keyboard
>fucking 6"
This purchase could be justifiable only if you were a girl

post more you assblated 'white' euro with your ugly notched phone

Attached: bulgaria.jpg (370x370, 70K)

newfag

Attached: 1533996227648.jpg (340x565, 56K)

Sold my oneplus 5 . . . What the fuck do I do now??

I want big amoled display without a notch and a clean android experience.

Maybe wait it out, with some shitphone, for holiday phones to start rolling out.

Attached: IMG-81a196c6e93bd6c22f0bacdf14dfb8fc-V.jpg (656x903, 91K)

>just ordered op6
>op6t comes out in less than 2 weeks

notched

You signed yourself up for the exclusive China spy package. OxygenOS was already busted for sending data back to China.

You get great specs, most of which are useless. A smartphone can only get so fast and snappy, it's all marketing at this point.

Lackluster camera. It's not bad, but not iphone samsung good.

You decided to support a retard ceo and company. Make fun of apple for notch? Add notch to next phone. Make fun of apple for removing headphone jack? Remove headphone jack next phone.

Not only that, but OP is a piece of shit company now. It used to be the "flagship killer", but it's slowly moving up to flagship prices. Their stupid little bullet headphones and claiming that you are buying the phone for "brand recognition". LOL

These phones will be $100 less than samsung within two years. I hope this chink shit dies.

>loses headphone jack
>slower in screen fp reader
yeah he sure missed out huh

You're talking as if there's any alternative beyond ASUS 5z.

sauce

Chinese botnet.