Daily reminder to stop spreading FUD about Linux

Linux is not dead just because of some overweight pedophile's CoC. This is a setback. A setback does not spell certain doom. Stop doing everything you can to drive users and developers away from the platform, thus ensuring that it actually does die. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Attached: 531.png (750x720, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#CanDeveloperThirdParty
itsfoss.com/linux-code-of-conduct/
linuxfoundation.org/code-of-conduct/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_sex-determination_system
twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1029162264979546112
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Too late, #ImWithSteve now

Good thread, linus himself said in the best case scenario a word filter is all it takes to enforce the CoC neutrally.

WTF does Steve Madden have to do with anything?

>just because i betrayed you doesn't mean you can't still be my piggy bank
I'll be in the cuckshed if you need me.

wrong steve

Why didn't you listen?

Attached: def42f5ve0n11[1].png (525x500, 26K)

Which Steve then? That's the only one I got when I searched that hashtag.

Just like PBS isn't dead.
Just like the BBC isn't dead.
Just like (insert organisation that's had a lefty takeover) isn't dead.

Linux as you know it is dead. Like a parrot. It is an ex-kernel. The only thing that can be done at this point is to fork it. Otherwise is the future.

>damage controll
fuck of tranny

Ever heard the phrase "cutting off your nose to spite your face"?

>CoC is a setback

>Linux is some hobbyist project
>Big business don't care about instabilities, perceived or otherwise, in the projects and products they depend on
>Trannies won't use their unwanted CoC to keep competent developers away

They will try, but they won't succeed as long as people fight back. SJWs are only ever successful because people concede to them at the first sign of hostility. But most of them are like Cartman from South Park: always pushing people around and treating people like shit, but the moment someone stands up to their bullying tactics, they cry and run to Mommy.

>They will try, but they won't succeed as long as people fight back. SJWs are only ever successful because people concede to them at the first sign of hostility.
Not anymore. These faggots are getting smarter and marshaling their influence. How do you think they strong-armed Linus to cuck himself? Those faggots abused the GPL to force the CoC. Why the fuck do these baiting faggots think it's okay to inject their horseshit into things that aren't a political platform? The linux kernel development, and discourses on the development should be technical only.

Nah, it's the same as it always was. Most SJWs are spoiled rich kids, and they have incredibly weak personalities. All you have to do is provide even the slightest amount of resistance and they will get triggered and run crying to their safe space. And I don't think they got any smarter here; they just got lucky. What part of the GPL did they take advantage of, exactly?

I don't think so man. The liberal taught chickens have come home to roust. They feel secure in their ridiculous demands. It's like they had years of positive re-enforcement therapy

>What part of the GPL did they take advantage of, exactly?
With in the GPL, there is a clause that allows software authors to pull their code from projects at given time, for any reason. This would force the said project to purge the code, or face potential legal action. For a project with deep business ties like Linux, this could mean a huge decline, and an ugly public mark. Imagine having to choose between a Cannonical, Google, Microsoft kernel; that may or may not be open sourced.

>And I don't think they got any smarter here; they just got lucky.
I forgot to add, that using the aforementioned legal recourse is smart and Machiavellian. It's somewhat bittersweet, a move I want to respect, but hate the potential ramifications.

Already sold my laptop and switched to Androi- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Fuck you, I ain't deleting shit

Attached: 1581438467978.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

You're right in that the CoC didn't kill Linux.
You're wrong in the sense that the CoC is merely a setback.
No, the CoC is the carrion that feeds on the corpse.
We were much in love that we couldn't tell that we were in love with a cadaver.
Linux was already dead, the CoC was just a symotom of systemic disease and decay.

You're doing a lot of mental gymnastics there, my friend.

>With in the GPL, there is a clause that allows software authors to pull their code from projects at given time, for any reason.
gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#CanDeveloperThirdParty
stop spreading misinfo you fucking kike

who cares? linux is for hobbyists and servers.

> later license it to another party for exclusive use?
>Nothing about revoking license
Stop with your jewish tricks, kike.

>No, because the public already has the right to use the program under the GPL, and this right cannot be withdrawn.
learn to read, moron

What GPL version is that for?

>my code is available for use as long as my feelings stay unhurt
are you actually dumb enough to believe this?

Attached: 1507636143743.png (499x338, 38K)

>backpeddle.jpg
Linux uses GPLv2, because Linus thought RMS was a tyrant. Is that for GPLv3 or GPLv2?

It doesn't specify version because it's true for all FOSS license, you've been parroting this kill switch meme for a while now without providing source, where in the GPLv2 says that you can do this?

Aaand the slithering kike slinks away the moment you tell him to back his bogus claims.

minecraft steve

t. cory

Ok, so i don't get it. What's a code of conduct? Like, someone telling you how to act?

News article itsfoss.com/linux-code-of-conduct/ about it and the actual CoC linuxfoundation.org/code-of-conduct/
Generic pr bullshit but Jow Forums is suspicious of the woman's previous efforts in zealously pushing this.

Sounds like nothing has changed. Use Tor to push updates to cuck the SJW

>woman
Trannys aren't women

Woman. Just say woman user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_sex-determination_system

Sex is not gender user

c
Linux was full of incel/poltard that get into linux because of the based behavior of Linus Torvald, but now that he made public excuse for being a shitty butthurt they now all feel fooled.

Attached: 49c5771c1a92362407fb031fd61af6b332deffef8ea0df5daa0c160aeee085f3.png (714x854, 310K)

oye Linus is NOT overweight.

No! What does it mean?

Literally the most underrated post made on the subject to date.

Attached: closed_source.jpg (2272x1704, 1.28M)

The guy can't even follow his own CoC twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/1029162264979546112