So which browser is now officially Jow Forums approved?

So which browser is now officially Jow Forums approved?

Attached: 514315-the-best-browsers-of-2016.jpg (810x456, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git
tenfourfox.blogspot.com
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

boku no pico

TenFourFox

Vivaldi

Edge

safari

None, all are botnet or SJW infested trash.
>inb4 some obsucre chrome or firefox gets recommended
Either FBI shill shilling a honeypot or special snowflake shilling xir CoC'd shit.

This

firefox

Using vivaldi for the first time, it looks pretty good, don't have any negatives to give.

can't find incognito tabs

Waterfox

elinks

qute

vivaldi is sweet but it's not libre.

Internet Explorer

I'm using vivaldi myself. What I really wish they'd do is improve navigation in tab groups. Having to choose between huge obnoxious thumbnails or nothing at all to pick which tab in a group to open is a shit system. It could be fixed in a day but yet...

The semi-work around is using the Window panel but then you're trading some of features of the normal tab bar for superior tab navigation, and I would like the best of both worlds here.

B R A V E

Anything else is a meme

Google Chrome

Same

Firefox as always

Internet Explorer

same as always, anything that isn't chromium related

Ungoogled Chromium and Waterfox are better than whatever trash you're using.

Firefox is honestly the best one

Brave is a meme

google chrome

How so?

My creepy ass Google Chrome keeps tracking me after I log into gmail. Even if I clear all of my history it still keeps me logged in. I had to go into chrome flags and disable this setting to get it to stop tracking me:
>Identity consistency between browser and cookie jar

I don't know how Jow Forums's mods deal with anti-semitism so I won't go there, but god damn we should have never gave these jews money. I want to protest Google by using Firefox and DuckDuckGo, but Firefox has lackluster Javascript performance and DuckDuckGo doesn't have 1/50th as much data as Google's search engine. We are fucked. Apple sells overpriced shit but they do a much better job with privacy than all the other major tech companies.

literally this

ungoogled-chromium, that's all

GNU IceCat

these and only these

w a t e r f o x

>Firefox
I was a Firefox advocate for years. It was the best alternative to Internet Explorer. Then I got into web development and realized how great Chrome was. An HTML5 game I created got 4 FPS on Firefox but got 60 FPS on Chrome. Also, Chrome had much more support for cutting edge HTML5 features. But everyday I realize how much of a botnet Chrome is and wish there was a better alternative. Google is the king of data mining (Facebook is a close 2nd). If Google gets full control of the browser market we are all fucked. They will require a gmail account just to use their browser.

Attached: Black man pointing at a door for a meme.jpg (320x320, 16K)

>Require a gmail account to use the browser
>New in Chrome Update 72!

>he doesn't use superior botnet-free ppc macs

iridium or brave once extensions are enabled for decent privacy and great speed or icecat for better privacy and slower performance

>I don't know how Jow Forums's mods deal with anti-semitism so I won't go there
Hi newfag, you can call the kikes out as much as you want.
Just keep it Jow Forums related.

When it comes to web development there's no competition. Chrome more or less owns the Javascript community. Nodejs runs on the Chrome V8 engine. The nodejs community is the javascript community at this point. Every web development tutorial you'll find online uses Chrome.

>Edge
Older Jow Forumsentlemen will never forgive or trust Microsoft after the fuckup known as Internet Explorer. Under Steve Ballmer's leadership, Microsoft fell too far behind on the web. For the first time in decades, they're relevant again. RxJs, VSCode, TypeScript, and now Github all belong to Microsoft. Edge from what I hear has great performance, but I'll never use it out of spite for IE.

Based newfag

Vivaldi

konqueror

What about search engines? Are startpage and qwant dumb memes? Are bing or yahoo good? Is DuckDuckGo cuckcuckno or fuckfuckyes?

It doesn't matter what anyone says in this thread because we all know that 90% of you use windows 10 and chrome.

Attached: 1538001506542.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Ballmer is gone, IE-chan is on life support. It's time to move on.
>Are startpage and qwant dumb memes?
No. Add searx.me in there too.

This is the truth sadly. A lot of people on Jow Forums name drop obscure OS and software to be funny or get attention, but when it comes down to it, most people use Chrome and Windows. Men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. The statistics show what people actually use.

A lot of the Linuxfags are too poor or cheap to afford a new OS so they put a Linux distro on it to bring back life into their PC. Once their old PC dies and they get a new computer they run Windows 10 and grow out of Linux neckbeardum.

>Based XD
>newfag
Please spare me this nonsense you meme spewing little shits.

no uBlock origin

Safari is used by the patrician scene.

You're wasting your time if you don't use the dominant platforms. Loonix is truly hobbyist.

Ctrl shift n or just go to the option bar

using BraveDev right now with UBO and 4chanx installed sucka

Attached: 8d207150bccd7a2162df63ad75eb08e6742b3d97cf78c377fd8c7ec8d8581760.jpg (204x255, 11K)

>qute
That shit raped my HDD on a fresh install, even made apt stuck, until I force closed qute

Electron

any browser that allows css theming? not palemoon pls

what about those chromium builds for windows?

We had money before you goy.

Has anyone here been able to compile icecat 60 with the new git scripts? git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git

lmao used vivaldi for like 3 seconds

alt+d doesn't select the address bar

tabs don't go all the way to the top of the screen

2007toolbarbloat.jpg

literally this

Edgy.

the absolute state of firefox

Attached: hr6hj.jpg (1075x569, 54K)

>alt+d doesn't select the address bar
You know, friend, there is this thing called Google or God forbid you use your brain to actually go in the settings and change the shortcuts

Vivaldi

this

waterfox or ungoogled chromium
everything else is a meme
change my mind.

Water fox

>Apple sells overpriced shit but they do a much better job with privacy than all the other major tech companies.

>0.01 rupees have been donated into your account

>no sane shortcuts
dropped
vivaldi is shit

Waterfox
I like it

wtf is "firefox quantum"

Hasn't been updated in years.

regular firefox

chromium-vaapi-bin
don't let anyone tell you otherwise op

Attached: 1538563744451.png (1200x796, 561K)

vivaldi

Does the dev channel release have a way to install chrome extensions now without fucking around with the command line?

Anything forked from post-australis Firefox is unusable garbage just like Firefox.

Attached: Pale-Moon-logo-256x256.png (256x256, 28K)

You can literally change those shortcuts

its as simple as going to the chrome web store and clicking install

What the fuck are you talking about? It got an update less than a month ago.
tenfourfox.blogspot.com

Thank the based poo in loo Nadella for actually giving a shit about open source. For your google point, VSCode also runs off a Chrome-based backend.

I unironically think we are more likely in our lifetime to see a FOSS Linux/Windows fork from MS than we are to see any desktop GNU/Linux OS become more accessible to the end user to the Windows/Mac crowd (the only other people who buy Macs besides hipsters and college students are Unix devs who don't want do fight the OS to get shit done)

>alt+d doesn't select the address bar
>not using ctrl+l
people like you shouldn't exist

Have you tested that again recently? Firefox sucked for a long time and then got faster than Chrome.

>runs the majority of the internet
>hobbyist

This because it's so smooth BUT AT SAME TIME EAT MORE RAM THAN CHROME
BUT EAT LESS THAT ABOMINATION CALLED FIREFOX
1 TAB = 500 MB
WHAT IN HELL ???

I use Chrome. I'm not a pedophile so I have nothing to worry about. I even store my credit card info in its autocomplete, it's just convenient.

I use firefox on linux. Have 0 issues with performance or UI. Why the fuck would I subject myself to chrome? Yet here are the shills saying "chrome is the best," followed by "but google malware sucks," then chrome sucks. Firefox is the best browser, period. Maybe chrome is 1ms faster in some obscure HTML 5 test, who cares? Actually there are a lot of "features" chrome has I'm glad firefox would leave out. And a lot of configurations on firefox, such as great tracking blocking features, that chrome doesn't have or secretly leaves enabled for google.

Attached: Cactuar_smirk.png (704x890, 538K)

>fat shaming in 2018

Fuck off shitlord

I heard the cloud is a crucial part of Microsoft's business now. If they killed off their shitty Windows Server OS and focused on Linux OS they would control the cloud market. For as long as I live I will never host a web site on Windows. Window has too much security flaws and is a magnet for hackers due to its large userbase. Also, Linux terminals + bash are god tier. Windows and its shitty cmd prompt is a joke.

Google Chrome :P

literally everything and literally nothing

Any other will always be a meme

Attached: yandex_browser.jpg (246x246, 5K)

>I have to choose only 1

>caring what a bunch of alt-right, incel pedos think

only faggots keep lots of tabs open. you arent special and your life sucks, stop being an internet addict you fucking nigger.

except for a few open source projects wtf use nodejs when u have much better alternatives?

this unironically.

Chrome has so few options it's basically training wheels the browser, not to mention the proprietary updater that sideloads """anti-malware""" tools which run in the background cataloging your software, or whatever else google feels like. With the ungoogled build you still have no options and the UI is still a design regression as a whole.

Edge is botnet browser integrated into botnet OS and has pretty much all the same issues IE did in terms of css/js jank. We don't even support it for our clients because of this. It can also bypass the hosts file and is purposefully unintuitive to firewall. Even if they have fixed that the functionality still exists and the browser still lacks basic features, options, and addons.

FF is great in terms of customization but the performance is shit and every update comes with some new garbage tier integration adding needless bulk to the browser. The SJW shit comes into play here too although I don't personally really care as long as the browser isn't trash (it is).

Pretty much every major browser is just people trying to justify their salaries at this point instead of actually making design choices that benefit efficiency and the browsing experience as a whole. And the more obscure browsers are all based on the main ones with their own unique deficiencies and incompatibilities.

>yandex_browser.jpg
Russian botnet

Attached: Russian Hackers.jpg (716x712, 72K)