/spg/ - Smartphone General

Nokia 7.1 Edition
youtu.be/00lzcYjkuR8

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Nokia-7-4.jpg (2560x1920, 715K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBsUWbUB6PE
youtube.com/watch?v=J5GiFMJVl6Q
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802593
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26300312
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29573716
cyrusfarivar.com/docs/WiFi Health/EBBE-review.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1482415
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8388394
mediafire.com/folder/dj875cd10yb72/EMF
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19810017132.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9261543
ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7521096402.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29667447
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22428084
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0014482788902650
microwavenews.com/sites/default/files/sites/default/files/backissues/j-f97issue.pdf
huffingtonpost.com/devra-davis-phd/cell-phones-brain-cancer_b_3232534.html
seattlemag.com/article/uw-scientist-henry-lai-makes-waves-cell-phone-industry
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_syndrome
marthaherbert.org/library/Herbert-Sage-2013-Autism-EMF-PlausibilityPathophysiologicalLink-Part11.pdf
marthaherbert.org/library/Herbert-Sage-2013-Autism-EMF-PlausibilityPathophysiologicalLink-Part2.pdf
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/i_b slug.asus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Daily reminder that cell phones cause brain damage, immune system dysfunction, genetic damage, hormonal and endocrine disorders, and irreversible infertility.

I'm copying some posts from another thread, and will link it as well.

I've cobbled together a few posts I've made, and this is really a "hit and run" thing. If you choose to heed it and protect yourself, fine. If you don't, with 5G coming it doesn't really matter anymore, it's too late to stop it from running its course. We're in a very bad situation.

No reading version:
youtube.com/watch?v=kBsUWbUB6PE
youtube.com/watch?v=J5GiFMJVl6Q

Literature sources:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802593
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26300312
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29573716
cyrusfarivar.com/docs/WiFi Health/EBBE-review.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1482415

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8388394

mediafire.com/folder/dj875cd10yb72/EMF
Historical reviews, symposium proceedings, etc ^
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19810017132.pdf

Irreversible infertility:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9261543

General theory:

In vivo DNA damage in humans:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29667447

Behavioral changes with prenatal exposure:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22428084

In the mediafire link, read the Naval Medical Research Institute document, Glaser 1972. Yes, 1972, and there are already 2308 citations, many of which due to power densities much lower than current exposures.

I'm copying some other posts below, because I've found blunt arguments from authority and character attacks work better than informing or higher rhetoric. I shifted my character of dialogue considerably. You're going to read about some of the people involved in this research, who were at it for 20 years, and then you're going to imagine going into their labs and convincing them that they're pseudoscientist, fraud, crank, morons who don't know shit. You're going to look them in the face and tell them how it all really is.

Henry Lai did research for decades, including work about microwaves with Narendra Singh who developed one of the most sensitive versions of the comet assay.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0014482788902650
(cited 10,000+ times). Unless you're dumb enough to unquestioningly believe every claim and slanderous remark by industry and its affiliates, there's nothing to make him a "crank". If it's not junk, back it up.
Refer to the leaked memo by Motorola back in the 90's stating that they'd sufficiently war-gamed Lai and Singh's studies.
microwavenews.com/sites/default/files/sites/default/files/backissues/j-f97issue.pdf
huffingtonpost.com/devra-davis-phd/cell-phones-brain-cancer_b_3232534.html
seattlemag.com/article/uw-scientist-henry-lai-makes-waves-cell-phone-industry

And it's another matter with William Ross Adey.
His last paper before his death in 2004.
-Taught at Oxford
-Worked with NASA
-Was one of the main researchers involved in the development of qEEG
-Early pioneering work in the use of computers to evaluate dynamic datasets like the EEG
-Worked in the DoD's project pandora
-Was the head supervisor and a lead researcher at UCLA's brain research institute
-Co-authored major papers like the original Ca2+ efflux study.
-Received millions in research grants from the department of energy, office of naval affairs, and private entities over the course of 30 years and practically until his death
-Was bulletproof enough in his manner and work that entities (eg WHO, Navy) would try to shit talk his work in one section, but unavoidably speak of him with practically a sense of reverence in a later one at a time when the field as a whole was experiencing widespread loss of funding / high probability of being fired or forced out if you didn't play ball. A trend that continues in Europe.

Attached: adey.jpg (793x638, 193K)

>autism
Yes, wireless devices probably contribute to autism. You people act like this shit is one big mystery that we'll never have an answer for. You're just going to accept it, what the fuck is the matter with you? Are you gonna be cattle following the Judas goats to slaughter are you going to wake up?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_syndrome
This genetic polymorphism causes calcium channels to be overactive, and intracellular calcium to be chronically elevated. It almost always presents with autism. Changes in cholinergic activity and chronic microglia activation are other common features of autism.

If you look around these days, many people are displaying low grade pseudo-autistic traits.

Other reviews.
marthaherbert.org/library/Herbert-Sage-2013-Autism-EMF-PlausibilityPathophysiologicalLink-Part11.pdf
marthaherbert.org/library/Herbert-Sage-2013-Autism-EMF-PlausibilityPathophysiologicalLink-Part2.pdf

Are you beginning to get it? You're just parroting shit you've heard that only sounds like it makes sense!

Here's the gist of it, and the real fucking deal. Listen up kids.
magnetic field causing motion of charge groups in the extracellular space->electric field is generated->alignment of charge groups occurs in the calcium channels's voltage sensor->Ca2+ influx->more influx than the cell's calcium pumps can handle->No ryanodine receptor involvement or ability to internally buffer the calcium->activation of calmodulin and various kinases->upregulation of nitric oxide synthesis and increased superoxide generation->superoxide dismutase can't keep up, peroxynitrite is formed, potent oxidant which can travel far->glutathione reserves are depleted, H2O2 formation cannot be controlled->cell damage or apoptosis occurs,

There are other aspects, but that's the core problem. Those other models are detailed in the review above. Russia knew about this stuff way before we did, read about the Moscow Signal. Official reports are bullshit. They're weaponized frequencies, we denied it to afford our military unfettered use of radar and prevent costly retrofitting during the cold war, It was part of the Soviet strategy in the cold war. They wanted 3 things
-To determine how much we knew about this area
-To have human test subjects and to alter embassy behavior
-Try to trigger unrest at domestic microwave use to destabalize military operations

Regardless, the Moscow Signal shows weaponized very low intensity fields can cause significant damage. This is happening even now in Cuba and China. They resemble the microwave attacks of the cold war.

There's a whole world passed thermal effects that has been kept from you. Be interested, it's at the core of how our cells communicate and modulate the activity of their neighbors (they're coupled oscillators).

Also fuck cell phones. Get this shit out of here adn get the fucking things out of my face every goddamn day.

Attached: Glaser2.jpg (2450x1938, 630K)

A 2018 phone shouldn't have a chin when the fingerprint sensor is on the back.

The notch is the worst meme phone companies have come up with.

Blame Essential Phone; they did this first

>Order phone
>Defective and need to send back
>Of course this happens during that one time everyone doesn't work for a week in China
It was a nice phone for the two hours it worked, but then it just powered off and died.

Sharp was actually the first company to release a notched phone, but it's Apple that made the notch mainstream. Most people haven't even heard of Sharp or Essential.

>"...and then *giggle* he took out his phone, and it had a notch. A notch!"

Attached: girls_laughing.jpg (398x241, 30K)

I've recently switched to a dumbphone and I've never made a better purchase. But now I have my phone lying around at home for WhatsApp which annoys me. What can I do, considering that my peers don't care at all about other clients. And from what I know, WhatsApp/Facebook are really don't like third party clients.

Have a tried Facebook Lite

WhatsApp Web

>2k!8
>to care about other's opinion

Getting a RN5, how much does MIUI affect performance?
Am I better off flashing a custom rom and if so which?
What features am I losing if I take off MIUI?

>2015: vaccines and milk cause autism

>2018: cellphones cause autism

What DOESN'T cause autism? And honestly who seriously believes this conspiracy-tier bullshit other than vegans/environmentalists/republicans?

No, that is and forever will be glass backs.
It's heavy, it's fragile, it's slippery and you can't tell which side you're holding when grabbing it your pocket. It can't be made convex to fit more battery.
Who even asked for this, who likes this? Do people who design phones even use them?
The first thing people do when getting a new phone is putting a case on it because every modern flagshit is unusable the way it comes out of the box. It's why phone cases explode into a huge separate business. People jack off over how thin their phone is then encase it in plastic since day one because it's such a slippery brittle piece of shit.
Next in line is curved screens. Just fuck you, Samsung.

MATE HOW THE FUCK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GO WITHOUT MOBILE PHONES IN THE MODERN WORLD? What are the fucking alternatives, literally everything requires a fucking mobile phone. Everything requires a verification through sms, you need to be able to be contacted 24/7 for work. What the fuck are we supposed to do?

im getting install update.zip error how to fix this?

Just got a XZ3 for €575.

Comes with a sony WH-1000XM3 headphone (retails for about €350-380).

Pretty sweet deal, I just hope the Xperia skin doesn't suck.

>I just hope the Xperia skin doesn't suck
It's pretty much stock Android with some small changes and additions. There's some bloatware apps but they can be easily disabled.

>literally everything requires a fucking mobile phone
No, you just think it does because you haven't lived in a world where this shit technology didn't exist.

You don't need to verify shit through SMS.

If you "need" to be contacted 24/7 for work and them calling your home phone isn't enough, you're overworked and need to quit, plus they're probably screwing you over in every way.

What are we supposed to do? Stop using them. Stop going out without a goddamn clue about where you're going, how to get there, and what to do when you get there. Wait until you get home/back to work to deal with emails, messages, etc. Life can wait. Slow down. Stop thinking we all need to be connected at all times. It's paradoxically dehumanizing because we're little more than robots when we're all plugged up together for no good reason. We're being tracked, we're being monitored, every bit of information and every thing we do is being collected to be used against us.

Throw your smartphone away. The fad is over. This "technology" isn't technology at all. And people who don't like smartphones aren't "anti-technology". Good technology is welcomed and loved. Bad "technology" like smartphones should be banned.

Aight, since I see it mentioned frequently around here:

What makes Xiaomi.eu better than any alternatives (with MIUI, that is)?

Flash a custom rom

Attached: proofster II.png (277x271, 7K)

are they global roms?

>no wider than 70mm
>no notch
>3.5 jack
>not from a chinese company
>released in 2018
>500 dpi+
>narrower than 16:9
>stereo speakers
>no protruding camera
>good, fast fingerprint sensor
>sd card slot

Carrier doesn't matter, country doesn't matter I have friends in lots of places.

Attached: kisspng-emoji-thought-clip-art-thinking-5acc4ab37fc467.0332980815233379075233.jpg (900x900, 59K)

>>not from a chinese company
Dosent exist

>country doesn't matter I have friends in lots of places.
are your friends going to set up antennas for you if the phone you get doesn't have the bands for your country?

>500 dpi+
no such thing

>Nokia 7.1
>3060 mAh
Isn't that a bit small?

Galaxy S9

>not from a chinese company
Are you trying to find a unicorn or something?

For a SD636 that's OK, most likely ~5h SOT. It's the SD8xx line on 3k batteries the one that struggles the most giving you over 3-4h.

3000mah is pretty much average for Android phones.

You must be a fucking riot to be around.
How's that prepping bunker going? How many bargain cans of potatoes have you got stacked? 300? 400?

I could deal with the notch if most of them copy Essential's teardrop notch but majority of phone manufacturers just copied applel notch and on top of that the chin is still included. Worst one so far is the Pixel 3 XL.

Why the fuck is every other phone reviewer on youtube a fucking pajeet

Because there's nearly 1.5 billion of them.

> want RGB notification LED
> manufacturers stop adding them for no reason
> phone db websites don't even have that LED as parameter because it's assumed as a given
What retard came to conclusion that communication devices should not communicate that someone wanted to communicate with You when You were away form your phone

Attached: hotori.png (325x377, 76K)

>android STILL doesn't have unique notifications and ringtones

it does though?

I'm fine with it as long as there are navigation buttons or front facing stereo speakers. But yeah, non-functioning chins are awful. Glad I got the RN4 before the 18:9 ratio kicked in.

Anything but your defective genes : ^)

does it?

i can manually change that for every app, yes

I mean for every contact.

It's been a thing before smartphones.

same, you can change that for every contact too

I know thats why I want it. show me a screenshot where you can do this

This is on MIUI, but if you don't see it immediately after scrolling down on the contact try menu options or edit.

Attached: IMG_20181005_225537.jpg (1080x1920, 84K)

just bought a J5 Pro for my [spoiler]girlfriend[/spoiler]

got it really cheap on sale
thoughts?

You're right I'm a pessimist

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20181005-075925.png (1080x1920, 130K)

Check out
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/i_b slug.asus
Some of their phone still have colour notification LED

Don't lie user, we know it's for mom.
It's the sweet spot in the J series. But A series has water resistance.

Can you change option in Xperia launchers (XZ3) so when I swipe down I get the notification bar instead of search bar?

Oh great another notch

Attached: 1200px-Notch3.jpg (1200x1014, 80K)

Not possible in the stock Xperia launcher afaik, gotta change the launcher. I'm using rootless pixel launcher which has that option.

Oh sweet, I saw nova launcher prime has this too.

Worth buying?

If you like ricing your phone and maximum customizability, yes.

once you go amoled you never go back

Attached: gwenlewd.jpg (357x357, 118K)

amoled and oled are retarded memes only rich idiots fall for

>Pretty sweet deal
it is
>I just hope the Xperia skin doesn't suck.
it doesn't suck at all. sony probly has the fucking fastest android versions. my xz premium shits all over note8 and s9 in usability.

t. Pococuck

>t. Scamcuck shill who can't use "t." correctly

(t). amolet ipsuck

Attached: kms (2).jpg (197x255, 5K)

Miui seems fine for now on my mi8. There are a lot of botnet features though that I wish could be turned off or deleted. Mi tried to create a Google like ecosystem by shoving apps into your face like mi cloud, mi gallery connected to the camera app. There's a security app that scans everything before letting it install. Android takes up like 5-8gb storage from the get go. It's barely tolerable.

I would install lineage if they could get it stable

Either Samsung or LG

Too bad Sony deletes the drm keys needed to make the cam work nicely in custom roms after the bootloader is unlocked.

At least he doesn't get cucked by ips backlight bleed. Shit is infuriating. Glad AMOLED is a thing.

>this autistic redditor again

What's a nice, durable phone that's rootable, has decent battery life and is under 350€?

Pocophone

Does any European know how or where I can get a Nokia 6.1 plus? Or when there will be an European release?

Just get the 7.1, it's basically the same phone, just with improved cameras and NFC. European launch of 5.1 Plus / 6.1 Plus is unlikely to happen at this point, they would have launched them at the event on the 4th if they were going to.

I think the design is much worse than the 6.1 though :(

>New flagship/near flagship phone comes out in 2018
>It has a plastic back but everything else fucking good
>It's always mentioned as a con by reviewers
>People lose their shit and calls the phone non-premium garbage

I fucking hate this generation of phones.

Attached: 1535672234550.gif (245x276, 1.9M)

Galaxy Note 9

>Poophone
no thx

>red poco flash sale today in india
>still unknown when it comes out in european caliphate
I'm fag for red but I need it to match my pc case

Attached: 45f0877c8b059386669bbbe435e708b2.jpg (600x338, 161K)

>european caliphate
kek

just get a red case

So now we have this project treble thing on androids. Has this affected custom roms in anyway yet?

>most people haven't heard of sharp
were you born in the new millennium?

phone cases are haram

needs a phone kek

So I’m looking for basically the pocophone, but supports US carriers, looking at buying a used flagship, or an essential phone, (even though it doesn’t have 2 things I want: a. A headphone jack, b. A removable sim slot, ( shouldn’t every android have this since this isn’t one of the main things that sets it aside, looking at you, one +))
Or I might buy a redmi note 5. Because that little bugger looks like it has everything. (Except a flagship cpu)

Honestly? No they’re not. If you get a good one you won’t even notice it, and some of them have waterproofing so you can wank one off in the shower.

Well, I just came from a OP6 (returned it), and the OP6 was definitely faster, but the speakers and screen quality is amazing and so far it has been definitely worth it (considering I get the headphones in a few weeks too).

So, now that China got caught putting physical Spyware on their electronics, do you think chinkphones will get banned in the US?

just get a Nokia 6 or 8

Is it? Looks mostly the same, only major difference I can see is that the bottom bezel is slightly thicker on the 7.1 (screen to body ratio is 81.5% on 6.1 Plus, 79.9% on 7.1).

Attached: Photo Collage_20181005_175615529.jpg (3413x1920, 2.42M)

Asus Zenfone 5Z

hi guys, I was planing to get Iphone se but it went out of production.

So, I am now considering a nokia 8 (64gb/4gb ram), xperia xz1 compact, huawei nova 3 or op6+

I really like nokia 8 and xz1 compact, because I have used 2 nokias before and satisfied with their durability and I like sony because it's small

-NTT network
-mostly for browsing and shitposting, chat and sometimes taking photos or video, 3.5mm jack also I hope I can use it for 3-4years
-budget 400-450$
-size smaller is better

opinions? alternatives? thanks inb4

>I was planing to get Iphone se but it went out of production
You can still buy the SE from third party retailers and it will still get updates for 3-4 years.

Another phone notched

Attached: android-authority-moto-g7-render-2-1340x754.jpg (1340x754, 58K)

>on electronics
it was Supermicro and they got caught puttinf a tiny chip on the server boards that compromised security on bank servers and government servers
nothing has been proven on chinkphones hardware to support your stupid theory

>Good technology is welcomed and loved.

I guess smartphones are good technology then because they sure as hell are "welcomed and loved" by practically the entire planet's population that uses them.

If one chinaman does something shady, all chinamen are suspicious from there on out.

#NotAllChinks

>~300$
>5 to 5.5 inch
>no notch
>jack
>sd
>big battery
>1080p
>lineage os ready
Is there such a thing in the holly year of 2018?