ITT: We predict the future of the internet, what will it become? What can we do to improve it?

ITT: We predict the future of the internet, what will it become? What can we do to improve it?

Attached: 2567a5ec9705eb7ac2c984033e06189d.png (608x557, 301K)

The internet is just going to become TV"light" as it becomes more monopolized.

More streaming, more renting, more "apps",less being unable to look under the hood or even "own" anything.

In what direction will smartphones and PC evolve?

I hate to break it to you, but that's what the internet basically is already to most facebook normies

It'll steadily become more normalized and corporate
Then somebody will crack making a mesh network viable and things will get interesting again
Current crypto architectures look to be dead-ends (to me), but a lighter reputation based system might work

I know thats what it is to 99% of people. I'm saying it will become solidified and structured in such a way.

Will we have social media for bots?

When Zoomers become the main userbase, only a few select sites will hold 99% of the world's internet traffic
>Facebook
>Google
>Youtube
>Twitch
>Twitter
>Instagram

I wish cyberspace would become an actual thing

Attached: Internet_2021.webm (640x360, 2.55M)

What's preventing it from happening.

Down the toilet.

time travelling internet from 2022

Protocol Seven is not complete yet

Stupid phoneposters who want everything with zero effort and don't appreciate clearly superior methods of browsing the net

Attached: Internet_2021_2.webm (640x360, 2.37M)

VR is unironically my bet on a better internet.
Escape the shit world and enter an endless void of possibilities.

>he fell for the sino-logic meme

Fuck off Ono-sendai shill

Attached: making_hotel_reservations.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Good End:
Rural meshnet. People go to school, find friends, set up servers and an intranet together and keep using it throughout their lives. They share copyrighted material, scripts, useful programs that they write, etc.
When the friends part ways and move away, they stay part of their old net, but also join the nets of their new social circles. So now the nets are interconnecting and even more data is available.
Everything is encrypted and private, the only way to get inside is word of mouth.
A heavenly future where we are free from the shackles of isolation, uncostumizable software and copyright excesses.

Bad end:
Progression of the same path that shaped the internet between 2004 and 2018. Creation of bubbles that divide the population while making them reliant on about a dozen monopolies. Everything else is outlawed. If you want to watch your favorite movies, you need to subscribe to three different streaming services, each with atrocious quality and draconic requirements on your viewing setup. Scripting will be forbidden, writing software will gain a huge entry hurdle and everyone will be forced to use ready-made solutions instead.

>enter an endless void of possibilities
And also of meaninglessness.

The bad end is the more likely of these two, and its the path we are already on.

Truly the most black pilled timeine

big emp. all comm is out. everyone turns into zombies.

Attached: 1395148703723.jpg (650x469, 25K)