That feel when Windows update wiped my Linux partition clean

That feel when Windows update wiped my Linux partition clean...

Attached: 20181005_114336.jpg (3545x1585, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NxvQPzrg2Wg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's funny. If that happened to me right now, I would probably throw my laptop out of the window.

I'm gonna go back up some things.

me on the right

That's why you disable windows update, retard.

Remember, Microsoft

Wait, is this a penis?

that feel when linux corrupted my windows bootloader and formatted the system reserved hidden partition to swap...

while you were installing it?
because linux didn't do that, you did

Things that never happened, the post.

>Microsoft did it to you
>destroy your own hardware that you paid for in protest
That will show them.

>guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people XD
fact is, if linux never existed in the first place, my bootloader wouldn't have been corrupted and my hidden system reserved would not have been formatted.

with great power comes great responsibility

This is why I keep them on separate drives. A HDD for Windows and an SSD for GNU/Linux, since it can actually take advantage of the r/w speeds.

Do you blame the Sun for creating life as well?

the big bang is responsible for this mess.

Fuck quantum fluctuations!

And they say that pork and poultry products are prohibited from using growth hormones... fuck that bullshit.

Restart lxssmanager in services.msc

Attached: images (2).png (416x353, 4K)

>>GNUs don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people XD
u had 1 job

nice

Attached: hehehe.jpg (375x418, 47K)

Windows fucked linux so hard that even testdisk couldn't find that partition. Had to do manual recovery in RStudio.

>literally run mkfs on the wrong partition because you're retarded
>blame the kernel of the OS you want to use
>winbaby
sounds about right

cut that into nice steak like pieces and some salt n peppa and cook em in butter little browning going on aww god
gotta get me some oinky rite now

Oh, you weren't using WSL, you were dual booting like a cuck. They overwrote hour bootloader bro, if bios -> gparted, if uefi -> I dunno drop to EFI shell map the drive and load grub.EFI manually

Attached: 6816866.png (220x220, 55K)

Grub won't save my partition table, bro.

Nice shitpost

Attached: upload.png (286x450, 261K)

>bitconnect

Attached: 1508432746246.jpg (250x250, 29K)

>I dunno drop to EFI shell map the drive and load grub.EFI manually
Currently, I use a program called rEFInd (on a DVD) to boot to my linux partition (I guess it is more accurate to say I use it to get to grub). It would be interesting if I could boot directly (err more directly) by not needing my dvd drive.

I'm worried what will happen if/when my dvd drive goes kaput. I was thinking maybe a pxe-boot. But based on your post I now wonder if there is something easier.

This must be bait. on my system, windblows10 and Arch are dualbooting friends on the same harddisk. Linux kernel as EFI-STUB and my "bios" has a nice menu i can switch between windows10 and Arch... I even installed Gentoo, Ubuntu and LFS... ow yeah, whatever cause this is a joke thread.

Like with what exact update did windows break your poorly installed GNU/Linux KApuntu install?

Attached: gentoo.png (431x431, 190K)

True story. Fucked 4 linux installations in my lab. They haven't been updated for a long time.

Windows just saved your computer, that trash had to be purged brother. I installed Ubuntu on my second HDD a few days ago. Worst operating system I've ever used, only thing I've been doing on it was just troubleshooting and fixing shit all the time, formatted the partition, and it completely fucked up my hard drive, now I cant do anything with 320GB of unallocated space.
but >MUH FREE SOFTWARE
man, there's a reason it's free, because no one would ever want to pay for this hot garbage

Attached: 1516559572650.jpg (500x364, 29K)

if updating is not a weekly thing, go for long stable distro's ;) dont go arch then.

there is a reason for why Redhat and such ask money for support and put much effort into older kernels and packages.

bye bye girlfriend

Attached: Gentoo.png (1284x877, 73K)

I updated windows 10 you fool. Debian was up to date.

It's GNU/Linux. Linux is just the kernel.

fuck off commie

The kernel is the OS. Prove me wrong.

How? MBR ?
no Kernel in the EFI partition?

wud fuk

Windows decided to recreate EFI partition by force erasing Linux. No signs of Linux in partition table and pt backup.

Linux is an operating system. The Linux kernel is part of the Linux operating system.

Hmm, sounds bad. get another harddisk or reinstall :D or drop windows10 entirely, its getting more shit anyway.

"but muh games"... bye bye in this case.

no linux is a kernel
linux distro is an os

>dual booting

Attached: image.png (720x775, 454K)

meet is MURDER
youtube.com/watch?v=NxvQPzrg2Wg

If you don't know how to properly manipulate partition tables, why were you manipulating partition tables?

Why does windows even have access to the bare metal?

You gave a known bad OS full access to your hardware and it did bad things. Learn from this mistake and never give windows bare metal access again.

w-what
that can happen?

Why do cucks edit classics and insert their fetish in to them

Linux is a kernel.

No it's not.
A vast majority of my software is not GNU software.
If you think that is enough to call it GNU then my system is really RedHat/Canonical/Debian/Adobe/KDE/Qt/Adobe/GNU/Linux

Vegetables are also murder.

I guess Satan would know

Free as freedom not free beer wintard

Adobe is in there twice retard

This is how human logic work. Another situation:
>windows hangs on something stupid trivial
>hit the keyboard in anger
>it's not KB fault
>it's not even HW fault
>it's this nigger excuse of an operating system fault

Windows update, without fail, fucks up my efi vars every time, so I have to boot from USB and fix them

Twice as important as GNU.

Dual booting isn't exactly rocket science. Use a menu option to chain into the Windows Boot Loader for booting the Windows partition. Hell, most of the time the initial GRUB installation process will find the windows loader without you needing to run os-prober and update the config.

Attached: 1498608120297.png (619x573, 193K)

>fact is, if linux never existed in the first place,
Fact is, if linux never existed, this site and others wouldn't exist.

>linux deleting your stuff by it's existance
Have you considered suicide?

I didn't know raw pork was an emotion.