What is macos good for anyway?

Developing on a consumer OS is like gaming on a business OS. You just can't take these people seriously.

Attached: image.jpg (620x330, 16K)

> gaming on a business OS
> implying that windows is a business OS

I wrote my undergrad thesis on my hackintosh because MacOS had no games so I could focus writing instead of playing games. Ended up shitposting on Jow Forums instead though.

It's good for web browsing and media consumption due to the glorious webkit based browser called Safari that's built in. It's good for running desktop applications like Transmission or Telegram or 95% of other Linux desktop software. It can run pretty much any *nix tools without a slow as shit compatibility layer like WSL since it's based on Mach and BSD components. No registry shit, no forced updates, no spying.

Windows is trash. Just admit that you use it as a launcher for your bideo bames, faggot. It's just like DOS. People played DOS games but no one actually enjoyed using DOS.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 2.03.10 PM.png (1366x768, 1.72M)

I use Windows because it just works + I need VS as I am trying to learn C# and VS a great IDE

UGLY UI

>lqb
windows is a consumer os, loonix is what professional developers use, that's the whole point, you can't take window developers seriously

Windows -> MUH GAMES, software + microsoft ecosystem
Mac OS -> Unix + Software
Linux -> Unix + Freedumb

Windows looks like shit. MacOS is 100x better and way more consistent.

YOU BLIND ?

Are you? You seem to not be able to type normally. Can you see the caps lock key?

Path of least resistance. Windows runs like dogshit on Apple hardware, in my experience, and last I checked GNU/systemd didn't fare much better. Since all of them are equally mediocre, but macOS has better hardware support, you might as well go with that.

>good for web browsing because of safari
No. Safari is the new IE of browsers: doesn't support most standards (one of the most common being .webm playback), it doesn't support chrome addons nor firefox ones. And now, it's even worse because developers will have to go through more loops to get their extensions available.
And I won't even mention how it can't even handle huge pages (try scrolling someone's twitter feed for a couple minutes on it).

OSX is great in certain specific situations:
Let's say you have a small company that handles printing documents, family pictures, etc...
Since you're a small starting company you probably don't have money for a legal copy of Photoshop (or maybe your workers don't know how to use it). Considering that older mac minis/iMacs are pretty cheap if mostly of their job is doing simple image editing and printing documents Apple preview could be a decent tool for them to use and there's even Pages if they want to work with documents.
If you're a student with little to no time in-between classes/internships/school work and resting maybe you want a handholding system. And you can still learn about unix-like systems as well as use tools that only run on them.

Linux can only run a gimped version of C#, arguably one of the better modern languages.

>macOS has better hardware support
>literally runs on one kind of machine
Get a load of this retard.

The hardware support on that machine is perfect though.
Checkmate, GNU/Fatsux xD

Radiologist here

Unfortunately the software (Osirix) I use to look at x-rays and such won't run on anything else but MacOS.

>Safari is the new IE of browsers: doesn't support most standards (one of the most common being .webm playback), it doesn't support chrome addons nor firefox ones. And now, it's even worse because developers will have to go through more loops to get their extensions available.
While that's true, I can just open webms in VLC. As far as extensions go I only use uBlock Origin which works fine. Safari is great because of how fast webkit is and it extends my battery life by an hour or two at least.

It runs on hundreds of kinds of machines. Hackintoshing is extremely simple. The hardest part is reading the guides and dragging and dropping files.

Xcode, developing iOS app

Mac OS is good for proprietary "professional" software.
Linux is good for everything else.
I don't know why someone would use Windows.

>no spying
nsurlsessiond, appsd, cloudd and geod call home constantly even if you're not signed in and don't use their cloud shit

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-06 at 02.40.29.png (965x820, 282K)

bahahahahahaa get a hold of this nigger

>Look up hackintosh builds
>Not working: wifi, sdcard reader, dedicated GPU, etc...
lel

>wifi
replace
>sdcard reader
useless
>dedicated GPU
optimus trash, useless

I'm The only thing I couldn't get working in less than a day was the WiFi. You know what solved the problem? A $10 USB adapter. My SD card reader works, Display Port works, USB 3.0 works, trackpad, sleep, the Intel GPU, everything except WiFi. So you're a fucking retard.

fagOS is useless trash

>glorious
>shitkit

Attached: 1516935174130.png (1013x1184, 106K)

Gaymes

>software has vulnerabilities
Wow, amazing! Breaking fucking news at 11!

I was thinking mostly for adults. As far as I'm aware most kids play games on tablets and things now.

>only kids enjoy entertainment
spreading this bullshit isn't helping whatever your position is. i use xubuntu and play games albeit old or indie quite often

Firstly, stop placing undue emphasis on your DE. You use Ubuntu. Secondly, games are mere entertainment and that is the problem. Entertainment is for children. If you are still consuming media for children and being merely entertained then you are doing it wrong. You can be entertained without consuming brain dead tripe with no value.

you say all of this and yet spend your freetime arguing semantics

More mentally engaging than clacking away at some game.

Attached: linus_macbook.jpg (619x442, 44K)

Everyone use a business grade kernel and memory management nowadays, so it's fine to program on anything.
The penguin is for those that need the OS to do something that a regular OS can't do.
And there are many, many things a regular OS can't do well.

i disagree. i could see a team fortress 2 screenshot and remember the entire match, meanwhile you will close this thread after an hour and completely forget it

Wow. You can remember playing with toys. You must be a genius.

there is no value in activities you dont remember pseudointellectual

Yep. Only gamer geniuses can remember things. Everyone else is a goldfish. You gamers have it all figured out. I bet you're a handful for your teacher.

Imagine a Linux distro that wasn't absolute shit, could run Photoshop, and actually had a GOOD user interface. That's basically MacOS.

Attached: 1507312179449.jpg (5120x2880, 3.68M)

Those colored buttons look so dumb.
The MacOS 8.0 looked a fuckton better.
It was perfect, and didn't even needed to absorb two androids to pull that off.

Mojave is the best looking Mac OS ever.

Attached: 1537453719112.jpg (5120x2880, 1.99M)

>Those colored buttons look so dumb.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 12.08.43 AM.png (682x502, 28K)

>t. subhuman mactoddler

Homophobe

Faggots.

On macOS, you get a user-oriented DE while still having access to a terminal. Given the compatibility level between macOS and Linux, many projects can be developed on a mac and deployed "as is" to a Linux machine later.
Windows prior to Windows 10 required the user to run a VM to achieve a similar result. Nowadays, WSL makes that unnecessary. And, given Windows is far better at managing OS resources than macOS, I don't really like working on macs. However, their GUI is, in fact, more user-oriented, however, I don't see that as an advantage over Window's more performance-oriented GUI.
>loonix is what professional developers
Very few devs run Linux, user. Most of them run Windows or macOS, while Linux is either running in a VM (or WSL in case of Win10) or on an external machine.
In every other project, I'm working in, we are building for Linux. However, my Linux experience is limited to running Ubuntu and CentOS with no DE.

Windows is great for developers. I use it for privacy.

>Windows is great for developers. I use it for privacy
kek

Have employees. Give them windows they will loose their mind. More problems for you. Give them Linux distro, no idea what to do. Buy them a Mac, they may actually operate it without destroying it like Windows. Also, you lower your tax rate with expenses. T. Apple.

Attached: 1538132349135.png (2285x2741, 2.5M)