AnandTech

Where were you when Apple's phones became more powerful than your PC desktop?

anandtech.com/show/13392/the-iphone-xs-xs-max-review-unveiling-the-silicon-secrets/2

Attached: A12_575px.jpg (678x571, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spec.org/cpu2017/Docs/benchmarks/525.x264_r.html
spec.org/cpu2006/Docs/464.h264ref.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inside my fertile imagination.

>Using modificate outdate spec2006

CPU2017
spec.org/cpu2017/Docs/benchmarks/525.x264_r.html
525.x264_r uses the Blender Open Movie Project's "Big Buck Bunny", Copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org. Each workload uses a portion of the movie.

To save space on the SPEC CPU media, the movie is first decoded to YUV format in a (non-timed) setup phase, using the decoder 'ldecod' from the H.264/AVC reference software implementation. (The H.264/AVC encoder was used in SPEC CPU2006 benchmark 464.h264ref.)

SPEC2006
spec.org/cpu2006/Docs/464.h264ref.html
Foreman (foreman_qcif.yuv): a standard sequence used in video compression, consisting of 120 frames with resolution 176x144 pixels.
SSS (sss.yuv): a sequence from a video game, consisting of 171 frames with resolution 512x320 pixels

I like anandtech but I have to question the point of these benchmarks. Nobody is going to be doing heavy compute or work on a mobile device. The only thing that matters is whether it can run the apps you want to run and how long the battery will last.

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1531790574518.jpg (643x960, 256K)

i believe the point it that Apple's CPUs are powerful enough to replace intel in their lineup if they wanted to.

Fucking retard.

What part of "TURING MACHINE" don't you understand?

>more powerful than your PC desktop?
What did the iToddler mean by this?

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

My mommy! I said "iToddler"! That means they accept me! I"m a real Jow Forums troll now!

>using windows
Imagine being Yulya

>seething
Enjoy playing the angry bird on your iToy, fucko :^)

Apple is really on another level.
Their PHONE has the best technology available in the consumer market.

A FUCKING PHONE

No wonder the staggering benchmarks they have, on a performance per watt, they simply kick AMD, Intel, and other ARM manufacturers.

Meanwhile, ignorant retards reply with

Seems like a powerful chip. Shame about the rest, though.

> Enjoy playing the angry bird on your iToy, fucko :^)
Imagine being so poor that can only afford a PC or a phone, not both
Imagine having having a tranny name, YULYA, what the fuck!

>imagine being as angry as this iToddler

and yet they launch most apps slower than samsung phones.
really makes me think.
I guess a few instructions to cheat on the benchmarks are the real reason.
/thread

>if they wanted to

But they don't and won't so why bother.

>(you)

>seething

App launch time is a shitty way to benchmark CPU speed

>More powerful than my desktop

No it isn't.

Attached: 1950x4ghz.png (1068x654, 102K)

Doesn't matter. Their CPU could be a million times better, but if it doesn't make a better user experience, they failed.

not giving a shit because Apple made it infeasible to fix anything with a T2 ic without paying them.

It is, when you unplug the power cable.

> and yet they launch most apps slower than samsung phones.
No, it doesn't.
> really makes me think.
No, but makes you lie
> I guess a few instructions to cheat on the benchmarks are the real reason.
LOL, "few instructions"... you really know about the stuff...
> Doesn't matter. Their CPU could be a million times better, but if it doesn't make a better user experience, they failed.
Yeah, it's better to have a slow CPU. /s
> not giving a shit because Apple made it infeasible to fix anything with a T2 ic without paying them.
So you are not buying an iPhone, because if the least problematic component on a totally unrelated product fails, you need to go to Apple?
OKAY...

Ggggguu

>ARM manufacturers
Their CPU is ARM you dumb dumb

iphones will always be trash as long as they don’t let you install apps from outside of the appstore. I have to hack vmware to run osx to run xcode and compile scummvm for my phone and then any iOS update breaks the app I compiled mysrlf. what a fucking pile of locked down shit

t. got iphone for free

No one cares that applel is cheating at benchmarks again. Let me know when lagPhones can type text without lagging.

Attached: 1508996160512.webm (1280x546, 2.76M)

What a dumb fuck, learn English.
Yeah, for poor pajeets like you that pirate a $2.99 App, Android is sure.
You can download Xcode and compile and run your own Apps on your device, if you want.
The state of the Apple Hate Force.

I can't help but wonder how many hardware vulnerabilities are waiting to be found in Apple's A series processors currently hiding behind the system being so locked down.

Are they running desktop software on a desktop OS for that iFone test?

I wish Apple sold LGA versions of their ARM processor. The amount of potential power in their fruit toys is amazing. Unfortunately it's just potential power because it's locked down with unecesary botnet inside a over priced unserviceable package.