New 860 evo faster than old 960 evo?

I just got a new ssd (860 evo) and it has faster sequential write speeds than my current ssd (960 evo). Is it because there's nothing on it? Or do I need to update my 960's firmware?

Attached: ssd-speed.png (499x358, 28K)

It's because m.2 is a meme

>shamesung
Should have bought Intel SSD.

Or did I hit the "silicon lottery"? I thought 860 evo was significantly slower than 960.
0.02 shekels have been deposited into your account.

seems to me that your 860 EVO isn't benching properly. CrystalDisk for that drive shows much much less

Pic is my 960 EVO vs my 850 EVO

Attached: Drive-Speeds.png (505x359, 29K)

Spasibo!

stop calling nvme "m.2"

Attached: 1536353846519.png (1024x1387, 1.28M)

I turned "rapid" mode on my 860, could that be it?
Your 960 is faster than mine, did you update your firmware drivers for it?

possibly. I had mine turned off on mt 850 EVO. As for my 960 EVO being faster, it comes down to many features. What you have running in the background during the benchmark, how full/empty the drive is, etc.

Can a SATA drive even reach those read/write speeds? I though the top speed was closer to

oh and yes. All my SSDs are updated to the latest firmware.

thought*

Rapid is just a meme name for a RAMdisk implementation, SATA3 disks can't go faster than ~550ish for sequential, those numbers are a benchmark meme and in no way representative of actual performance

Technically, SATA 3 max speed (actual max speed taking encoding into account) is 4.8gb/s (600MB/s).

First of all or Download Samsung Magician or whatever you prefer and check if the fucking drive is using 4x PCI lanes instead of 1x or that it's in SATA mode. If it's not using 4x PCI lanes problem solve it yourself. The motherboard settings are a good start usually.

Guys is my 860 evo ssd broken?
I did hear a crack or a snap when I plugged in the sata power cable, and I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen

rapid mode is pretty much benching your RAM

I ran another benchmark, much different numbers now.
You think so? I got these speeds just now while having this thread open

Attached: ssd-speed2.png (500x358, 28K)

SATA3 does not support that speed, the results are wrong.

>think so
Looks up what Samsung's Rapid mode is

>retard benchmarking his RAM thinking it's the actual SSD speed
Men can be so stupid :rolleyes:

Neck yourself attention seeking disgusting tranny

>seething

Like the other user said it is impossible for SATA SSD's to go that fast. They max at ~550 MB/s.

What are some good NVMe SSDs?

Definitely not the crap the dumbass OP bought :^)

WD Black is about as good as the 970 EVO and cheaper.

Last I looked they were about the same price as the Samsung ones.