Google beacon

Our business just got one of these. What can I do with it that will be fun/productive

inb4 botnet

Attached: google-beacon-1529927908.jpg (640x458, 119K)

>What can I do with it that will be fun/productive
Shove it in, and out of your ass at a medium pace.

spooky post friend

Attached: 1537916112847.jpg (891x888, 56K)

wtf is it anyway?

it allows people to get notifications on their phone via BLE (bluetooth low energy) whenever they are nearby the business. at least i think thats the idea.

That's one hella big tampon

why would anyone turn on their bluetooth to receive ads

Probably just taking advantage of people who forgot to turn it off.

take it apart and dump all of the flash contents online

old people and boomers like myself leave it on. I left a bad review for Office Depot the other day because they treated me poorly and were rude. *sips*

Attached: 1538609935871.png (1527x1017, 2.87M)

This.

ok maybe I will

Attached: proximity_marketing_work.jpg (960x540, 73K)

This shit is terrifying

I was thinking of making one out of a raspberry pi since the one pictured in OP doesnt appear to be working

Attached: pibeacon-botnet.png (800x676, 36K)

can they do this? i though you gotta authenticate

yeah you'd think the person receiving it would at least need to opt in somehow. It is botnet to the max. I'm not honestly sure how it works

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

i have seen this in some clothing stores but the "beacon" was a big poster that told you to scan it with your phone (so opt in), and only then it would do the thing

>>hack shit beacon, emulate shit beacon
>spread malicious code via beacon.

Yeah I was thinking this from the start

Imagine living in a large appartment complex, and directing NPCs to a webpage with crypto scripts. I need to do this.

I've started leaving my Bluetooth on for why wireless headphones. Half the people in my office have them now, I think Bluetooth is becoming less of a meme now

at first i thought it was a banana