Which MAC is the best for programming?

Attached: mac.jpg (1350x900, 184K)

Macbook pro 2015
The newer ones have the shit keyboard and shit ports

None.

2013 MacBook Pro

thinkpad x220

the macbook that you can install libreboot on

Everything 2015 and before. Apple is complete shit now. Forcing dongle madness on pro unexpecting pink haired whores. Such a shame...

Any of them, really. But unless you want to develop Mac specific software, you could just go the Dell XPS + Linux route.

not OP but it's related so I will hijack:

Intel Core i5 2,4GHz,
Intel Iris 1536 MB
Year: 2013
RAM: 8 GB
Capacity: SSD: 128GB
Batery 664 cyc.

is used Macbook with those specs worth 850 dollars?

as long as its doesnt have a touchbar, god damn who the fuck think removing the touchbar is a good idea

I don't get the dongle meme.
You only need dongles and get a cable mess in case you use it like a desktop computer, in which case you should ask yourself why the fuck didn't you just get a desktop.

I have an iMac and a MacBook, and I have literally never plugged any peripherals into the MacBook at all. I've plugged a USB drive in once to install macOS.
Other than that the only thing I've ever connected is my charger.

>for programming
literally anything

>You don't need features goy!
You spend more than a grand on your MacBook. I spend under 400 on a laptop I run Linux on. You have exactly one USB c port. I have 2 full size usb3 ports, one usb2 port, an HDMI out port and a fucking Ethernet jack.
One of us got fucked. Hint: it was you, in the ass with no lube.

The one you don't buy.

he gets laid when thots see his macbook, you don't

seems like you got fucked, user

>more usb ports = better
Stop being blinded by specs retard. Why are you living in a house instead of a warehouse, you'd get more square feet that way wouldn't you? Why not drive a freight truck, why not eat bugs instead of meat?

Yes goy why would they ever want options? Can you believe these non conforming goys!

OY VEY! BOY GOY!

Pre-USB-C Macbook Pro since they have non-shit keyboards (unlike the new ones)

I have the same except 256GB and way less cycles on the battery. It's still going perfectly strong no issues at all feels as fast as the day I got it.

for how much you got it for?

I can get it for 850$, used obviously

14:88:13:37:BE:EF

Worth less to be honest you can get a 2015 with 256 and 8 with a i5 at a pawn shop for 750 maybe 8. So i'd fenagle if that's how you spell it this dude or lady who's trying to sell this and let them know you ain't no sucker

>mac is an acronym

2014-15 rMBPs are Rossmann-approved.

Im not a Mac user but ive worked with alot of them.
I would recomend the larger 2015 MBP laptops with the Nvidia-card in it.
Its really expensive but if you want the best one that would be it...

I bought it new for like $1800.

I started my CS school 4 years ago, having no idea if I was working on web, android, ios dev, so I just bought a rMBP 15" like everyone else. Best laptop I ever had, still working as a charm.

That said, when I started to work for my current company (we're doing web dev, zero iOS / OSX shit) a year ago, they asked me which laptop I wanted. I was considering a touchbar-stained MBP, I opted for a XPS 15, installed Ubuntu on it, and that's it. It works. I missed OSX for a couple of weeks and then completely forgot about it.

Now I see my colleagues with they touchbar pro struggling for everything. Dongles everywhere, for monitors, for USB devices, USB-C cables getting stolen by assholes co-workers in the office because "my phone battery was low", and the CTO even managed to wreck his Touchbar Pro by throwing it ON A PILLOW from 10 centimeters. The thing just completely stopped working at this point. He had to send it for repairs, the genius bar refused to lend him a replacement laptop, so HE HAD TO BUY A NEW TOUCHBAR PRO to be able to work, hoping the repairs will take less than 14 days so he can return it.

I honestly think that the 2014-2015 rMBP 15" were amongst the best laptops ever made, all brands included. The Touchbar Pros are just SAD!

>Which MAC
B6:C7:46:FB:60:ED works well for me

A 2015...
With Gentoo installed.

Decent deal desu, that space is a no no though try to bring it down another 50-100

doesn't the 2015 have a common issue where the keyboard stops working?

The 1023-2015 model is kino, I got one in 2013 it still runs like the first day. It can run multiple VMs side by side without any issue. The touchpad, screen and overall hardware to software integration is unbeatable. The pnly thing it's bad at for playing 3D video games, it gets too slow and hot

x220 with clover efi bootloader

Clipboard, pencil, paper, brain.
OP is a faggot.

We now have this thread every day. Report and hide.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

The mac pro will enhance your code the most so its the best

>mac is an acronym
Midgets And Cuntflaps

Underrated

So does everything past that, to be fair.

>dual core
>128gb SSD
>dying battery

Nope. A new laptop with a hyperthreaded quad core from AMD or Intel will blow this out of the water for less money.

>sex with thots
They're sluts user, it's not an accomplishment to catch snowflakes on your tongue.

I recently bought a fifth gen i5 laptop for less than 200 bucks on ebay user.