Arch Linux

Whats the go with everyone in Desktop threads running Arch?. It's shit. The only reasons I can think of to run such a broken OS is to signal to other neckbeards that you know how to follow a wiki. Maybe if your a NEET and need to such up as much time as possible Arch would be alright. I mean nothing drives of the thoughts of suicide like fixing a broken OS all day.

Attached: Archfags.jpg (628x625, 95K)

Nobody fuckin cares about your opinion m8, go back to your basement

Three years straight without an issue for me.

Nice one pajeet. Go make another how to Arch install on youtube

Attached: 1499388562241.jpg (325x326, 22K)

Arch actually has a great wiki and guides, so its not very 1337 to run it. People like Arch for its simplicity and minimalism. If you are installing tons of bloat and breaking your system all the time, not having the knowledge to configure it right, then yeah you probably shouldn't be using Arch. Stick to Ubuntu. I don't even use Arch btw.

Just some malware

even at being minimal it's shit. There is heaps of better distros for that

Attached: arch malware.png (857x949, 102K)

pajeets only use Windows and Android.

IT'S NOT MINIMAL.

Go on youtube and search Arch linux. 9/10 videos are pajeets

What makes you think I had built that package? Even if I had, what makes you think I built it between the Saturday it was inserted into the pkgbuild and the next day when it was discovered?

>There is heaps of better distros for that
Nice English, pajeet.

Attached: damagecontrol.jpg (1290x502, 123K)

I remember when people used to try. Now we've outsourced trolling to pajeets and the quality has been lost.

Not any with nearly the number of packages and guides as arch. I think arch almost has as much packages as debian, its one of the most popular desktop linux distros.

Minimal for a popular desktop distro.

Say anything you want, I'm feeling very comfy on this dual-boot setup with LTSC 2018 and Gentoo

Attached: ltsc2018.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

I wouldn't be hard to be one of the most popular desktop distros. Fuck all people use Linux. If you meme a small online community of autists into using it that would account for the numbers

Okay, pajeet. I'm sure Microsoft appreciates you.

AUR is not main repo you retard

Attached: salt.jpg (620x930, 75K)

xD nice triggering, fellow MAGApede

Arch gives you complete control of what kind of system you want to build. If you don't want to fuck with the terminal, stick with ubuntu. If you want to learn how to manage a system, run Arch or Gentoo. I hate when all the noobs complain about Arch. RTFM and you are good otherwise go back to your Windows/Ubuntu/OSX security blanket and stop complaining.

Arch is good for bleeding edge software and simplicity. Gentoo is good for running on minimal hardware. They aren't very similar.

>unironically using LTSC
>no proof of Gentoo install
Nice try Ranja

what is the point of dual boot instead of just using wine?

If you install packages from AUR without reading what the PKGBUILD does, then you brought it upon yourself.

Attached: 1424812328759.gif (580x433, 1.57M)

He's lying.

>Intentionally obfuscating the fact that Antergos is nothing but Arch to implicate that Mangina is anything more than a shitty,corrupted, abomination of a superior distro, and that the other two wouldn't team up and flush it's pleb face in the boy's room toilet, over and over again.

>simplicity
for who?

Attached: g btfo by plebbit.png (899x367, 40K)

Users with brains, so not Redditors like you.

Arch is the easiest one to install

I just use Luke's build

>boot into arch
>curl -LO larbs.xyz/arch.sh
>bash arch.sh /mnt

then you have a completely functional and aesthetic arch i3 build

if you think using and understanding arch means you have brains, Your probs a brainlet

Try reading.

i3 is cuck licence trash.

try not being a brainlet

Epic meme, Redditor.

so?

"Simple" doesn't mean "easy"

Don't use it if you care about freedom.

Artix > Arch

The dev for systemd is a fuckin' idiot and that init system is poison.

I think his point is precisely the opposite, if you can read,(a task that has a low level for entry) you can install and maintain Arch. Why do ass hats like you always try to twist this concept? There are plenty of tasks that require reading to accomplish, especially in tech.

or you know, you could just grow up and install fucking debian, I'm sure it has packages for your shitty tiling wm

you are a simple man

Attached: u.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Never said Gentoo and Arch were the same Pajeet. Read. I said if you want to learn Linux to use Arch and/or Gentoo. Its noobs like you that can't RTFM and come bitching in threads like this.

I've been running it for years and years without issue (ymmv) so I don't understand the hatred for it here either - probably 90% memelords. I will say, if you enjoy (or at least don't hate) the terminal, arch makes a ton more sense than other distros I've dug around with. Just last weekend, I was trying to get an old C2D up and running for my warehouse and I honestly didn't want to fuck with it. Windows was too slow, cloudready wouldn't let me swap the nouveau drivers for nvidia (massive bugs on this card) and debian (usually my go to for "up and running in an hour") was being a shit about the b43 wireless drivers and Wicd / networkmanager wouldn't fucking play nice with the PEAP / MSCHAPV2 network my warehouse is on (corporate).

cont...

You don't belong here newfriend.

Attached: go back.jpg (396x382, 41K)

You don't learn much from using Arch.

I don't use a tiling wm and I don't rice. No need, Linux does everything I want/need without relying on flashy parlor tricks.

Never said Gentoo and Arch were the same Pajeet. Read. I said if you want to learn Linux to use Arch and/or Gentoo. Its noobs like you that can't RTFM and come bitching in threads like this.

LOL

1. wiki
2. AUR
3. ultra customization
4. rolling release
5. pacman is awesome

>b-but I fdisk format and mkfs and mount then archroot and pacstrap

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 10K)

... so finally, I gave up. Let's try an Arch install. At the command line in 10 minutes, LXDE with lightdm, nvidia drivers, b43 drivers, grub, partitioning, all that shit in 20. Installed Chromium and Citrix Workstation (the whole point of this) the next day, easily connected to the warehouse wifi (PEAP / MSCHAPV2). Are there better distros out there? Probably, but wtf does "better" mean? I'm sure people have torn their hair out trying to get distros to work without installers, but I've found that between Arch and Ubuntu's wikis, which say what you want about the distros, are quite extensive, I seem to have a much easier time getting Arch systems up and running. Additionally, since you're in control of the packages, it's fast. Extremely fucking fast.

yeah, but can you swap out systemd?

not trivially but yes people have done this

Good thing that I can choose not to use systemd then.

artix is a fork that solves this

You learn a lot more than you would from using an automated installer. But, I guess that all depends on how much ambition and curiosity you have. I learned Linux through trying to be a l33t h4x0r way back when Backtrack Linux was released. Messing with all of the networking crap taught me a bunch and provoked new questions that drove me to learn more. I guess everyone approaches learning from different angles, so you can't really make such absolute statements.

>Pajeet

Attached: 9f02b6953cc9615031b41adc8f070bad2b20303ebb1220cdaf7f99f524699a43.jpg (430x539, 67K)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT NIGGER ARCH IS NOT FUCKING MINIMAL AND FUCK ALL OF THIS AUTISTIC PACKAGE COUNT MEME BULLSHIT

I've been using Arch since 2013. It is no fucking different than any fucking thing else. It's just rolling release where something like Debian is stable. Stop using the word bloat you little man child. Debian and Arch have completely different package management systems. You can't compare the two by package count you nigger.

Jesus fucking christ where did this bullshit ever start at? Hurrr hurrr gotta keep my package count low! For what? Is all you do on GNU/Linux is browse Jow Forums and pirate japanese cartoons?

I'm assuming you don't program or develop/test anything, because god fucking forbid you increase your package count by installing useful programs.

I don't even know why this shit still makes me mad though. I should just switch to something else and let you kids have Arch. You ruin everything else in society.

The Arch installation process also should teach you that there is pretty much no excuse for not being able to fix a "broken" installation. Crying about how ANY distro is broken after an update, is basically akin to yelling "I AM A BABBY! I HATE EVERYTHING I DON"T UNDERSTAND!"

>Jesus fucking christ where did this bullshit ever start at?
Faggot, elitist, ricers on this board. They're literally the root of this meme. I learned to install Arch years ago just to spite them, and soon realized that Arch isn't voodoo and faggy anime wallpaper, it's just a good distro.

Agreed. Not to mention pacman. Holy shit fucking pacman. Is there a better package manager in existence (legit question btw)? Even if you ignore the forums and everything else out there to hand hold you, the package manager will warn you, if not outright fail (on purpose) if there are issues. How the fuck do you break an Arch install? Literally how? Even if you are somehow retarded enough to turn the install to shit upon opening a terminal, you could just, not. Just because it's a rolling release, you don't have to update it. Get it running and never touch pacman again. Done. (this works on most distros btw).

cuz ubuntu ships with LibreOffice

>How the fuck do you break an Arch install?
the same way as with windows or any roller: updates

easily fixed in both cases though, with pretty much the same methods.

lol this
arch is the shitskin distro.

What I think hes getting at is that you won't learn much using Arch OVER using literally any other distro on the planet. Want to learn more about Linux? Then bone up on man pages and wiki entries.

Why the fuck would you be looking up distros on youtube?

Arch got popular on Reddit when all those fags discovered third-party gui installers.
It's just Reddit bleed-over.
Fuck it, install Manjaro...
or whatever makes you feel warm/fuzzy inside