i bet all the fags using ddg feel dumb now

Attached: ddg.png (1029x1015, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/sdFWb
whyweprotest.net/threads/duckduckgo-le-canard-aux-pratiques-boiteuses.133725/
etherrag.blogspot.com/2013/07/duck-duck-go-illusion-of-privacy.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Moving from DDG now!

I don't feel dumb because I knew from Day One that ddg was not to be trusted.

>the "flaw" is that your searches show up in your browser's page history
Wow it's fucking nothing

>Your search terms, while they may be sent over your network in an encrypted form, show up in plain text in browsing history.
You should clear history on browser close anyway.

it's made by a jew. why would you trust it?

why should a website (the search engine) have access to changing whether or not it appears in your BROWSERS history?

Attached: e808eda187032dbbf39d9f3f0a785f92.jpg (525x700, 67K)

Attached: 1521279901421.png (868x400, 47K)

This is likely to leave data behind that can be recovered in the nosql files or in areas of the disk marked as free. Best is to browse in private mode or set firefox to not save the data in te first place (chrome cannot do that).

I'm not using this shit anymore. Searx seems promising.

Shitty clickbait. To everyone who is about to click: that guy is in panic because his searches are in his browser history.

archive.fo/sdFWb

Attached: 1538856194068.jpg (294x313, 55K)

searx is good. they're the only privacy focused search engine that doesn't have safesearch on by default, which makes it super useful. it's only negative is it doesn't do any web crawling. it's pure metadata.

You can change DDG to use POST requests. Everyone here is a retard.

Old news is old. Everybody knows ddg was always botbet garbage

Based and woke
Cringe and coma'd

>all this damage control

nice try kike

>using ddg for privacy
dumb
>using ddg because j-law's booty hole is on the image search
smart

>all this plebbit spacing

not only that, but the jew made his fortune from data mining before duckduckgo

I guess this is the only reason since DuckdDuckGo is literally a scam

>"2+2=5"
>no it isn't retard, it's 4
>"HURRRR DAMAGE CONTROLLING SHILL"

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
TRUST ME I'M A DUCK

whyweprotest.net/threads/duckduckgo-le-canard-aux-pratiques-boiteuses.133725/
etherrag.blogspot.com/2013/07/duck-duck-go-illusion-of-privacy.html

Attached: 1534537369874.jpg (490x278, 65K)

>being a phoneposter

>being this new

>using duckduckgo instead of startpage.com

Attached: disgust (2).jpg (335x382, 48K)

Lewl
>startpage.com user

Missed you somehow

Attached: goodTaste.jpg (680x383, 27K)

They also log searches, and pretend that they aren't using Google.

This. I've been following ddg since it was made available.
It's surprising that the info about it has changed.

It's only a problem if someone has physical access to your pc and can go through your browser history.
If you never use your browser history then startpage or searchencrypt may be better choices. (I say 'may' because the quality of the search results still matter)

This flaw alone isn't enough to convince me to stop using DDG

I don't use it for privacy, and anyone that does is a retard. Your ISP knows everything you search anyways. I just use DuckDuckGo because it gives better results.

>I just use DuckDuckGo because it gives better results.
:eyeroll:

the irony of complaining about ddg's privacy issues using a medium link which uses cloudflare

>that can be recovered in the nosql files or in areas of the disk marked as free
Full Disk Encryption.

>tfw "contributor" to tech-meme-site.tld
>I'm an expert on this subject.
>plz read my article on privacy at Medium.com(tm)

If it truly cared about privacy, then none of these would even be options

Wow it's fucking nothing because anyone with neurons remaining in their head browses in private mode to avoid having an internet history in the first place since it utterly fucks up URL autocompletion.

t. someone using Google because it's the only one giving relevant results anyway

>he doesn't realize that he's been trained to use Google syntax to perform searches

>Your search terms, while they may be sent over your network in an encrypted form, show up in plain text in browsing history.
>anyone with access to your computer can view your searches, in plain-text in your browsing history
How the fuck is this an issue? The only reason I blame them for this is because they actually have an option to stop this from happening but they force you to use cookies to do so.

Doesn't solve anything. This should be done by default seeing how they've already made it an option.

>But anyone with access to your computer can view your searches, in plain-text in your browsing history. If any user, or person with access to my computer, can view my search history, there is a clear conflict with the privacy claims that DDG delivers.

This is a joke right?