Why is this tech company so bad at marketing itself?

Why is this tech company so bad at marketing itself?
Even their slogans are easily abuseable with a 3 second mspaint edit.

And remember their "BetterRed" ads, where they tried to appeal to communists when their customers are mostly capitalist businesses and libertarian software developers?

Or how about "poor Volta" where the company, after a LOT of delays, only just barely managed to eke out something comparable to 2 year old Nvidia cards, rather than Nvidia's next gen architecture (volta)?

What the fuck is wrong with their marketing department, holy shit

Attached: amd.png (322x81, 3K)

>What the fuck is wrong with their marketing department
Nothing

Attached: 1497996572501.png (640x400, 207K)

Today AMD get more profit for OEM,server,IP that public sales, but still begin very bad marketing.

Intel proved that all the action happens at the OEM level

>nothing
This. They embraced new trends like viral, and using social media as cheaper alternatives.

This. OEMs and corporate silicon.

Everything else is a trickled own.

It's a company that two or three years ago had a market cap lower than their main competitor's R&D budget. They had to throw everything they had into hiring Jim Keller, which turned out phenomenally.

They only started doing this after they fired their old chief marketing executive or whatever his stupid fucking title was.

And they're STILL incredibly bad at it. You can smell the AMD marketers from a fucking mile away. They are successful in spite of, not because of, their marketing. Intel's viral marketers do a much better job desu, although everyone doing this viral marketing bullshit deserves to hang from a rope.

They spend all their money on engineering, unlike intel who spends it all on payola and shills.

>And they're STILL incredibly bad at it.
They where good enough to do what AMD needed them to do, and they were cheaper than traditional means.
Meaning that the campaigns were/are successful.

>They where good enough to do what AMD needed them to do
You mean with ryzen?

They didn't do fucking shit for ryzen. What happened there with "marketing" was a lot of people wanted new options away from Intel, and AMD was the underdog to root for with a new product that was actually doing a good job, so they got a lot of 'free marketing' from random nobodies like me.

If their marketing department is trying to take credit for ryzen's success, then AMD's still in a position to get completely BTFO the very second Intel comes back with a competitive architecture.

Honestly, the hubris you show in your post is exactly the kind of arrogance I expect from AMD's incompetent marketing department.

It's against the brand guidelines to alter the logo you fucking intel shill

i agree though that the Radeon Technologies Group marketing has been shit, but the marketing guy was poached by Intel a couple of months ago iirc

Attached: 2018-10-07 05_20_12.png (1836x1945, 512K)

>You mean with ryzen?
Yes.
>They didn't do fucking shit for ryzen. What happened there with "marketing" was a lot of people wanted new options away from Intel, and AMD was the underdog to root for with a new product that was actually doing a good job, so they got a lot of 'free marketing' from random nobodies like me.
They were successful in downplaying flaws, and attracting interest.
>Honestly, the hubris you show in your post is exactly the kind of arrogance I expect from AMD's incompetent marketing department.
>imcompatent
>successfully memed products into relavence
muh gayming... amd is for content creators
>shit at actual content creating with current software
>muh we devs now

>muh we devs now
*muh we "open" source" devs nao.

>It's against the brand guidelines to alter the logo you fucking intel shill

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. I took their logo and edited out the long word you don't even consciously read. I did this because I see this fucking logo every day and every time I read it I end up with "today... tomorrow" in my head and laugh a little bit because of their reputation for failing to deliver.

It's just extra shit icing on the shit cake that is their marketing department.

They only have engineers, mathematicians, and scientists on staff. They need to hire some artsy marketing people. And keep them away from business decisions.

Hiring artsy marketing people is how you get social justice cancer that infests and destroys the company from the inside out.

You can already see some of their influence with the communistic "BetterRed" ad campaign.

Their marketers are godawful, and the pool of marketers available are chock full of retards that'd crash and burn the company to the ground trying to push social justice at the expense of corporate profit or societal sustainability.

if AMD pulls a "5GHz 28 CORE" shenanigan they will be finished and bankrupt

Only Intel and Nvidia can get away with that shit

>fang
based AMD

Attached: 1509800532109.png (502x502, 141K)

>lele they didn't spend their marketing money on shills at all.

They just needed to sue Intels ass to oblivion for paying of OEMs back in 06 and costing AMD billions back then. I say they needed better lawyers...