How many years until Amd will be able to beat Intel I9 9990K in gaming ?

How many years until Amd will be able to beat Intel I9 9990K in gaming ?

Since nothing amd cant still beat the old beat intel i7 8700k

Attached: Intel-9900K-packaging.jpg (1000x380, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE&t
ark.intel.com/products/136863/Intel-Core-i3-8121U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-20-GHz-
ark.intel.com/products/137977/Intel-Core-i3-8130U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-40-GHz-
engadget.com/2018/10/06/amd-12-24-core-threadripper-2-release-date/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>gaming

The 3700X is basically equal to the 8700k and has 2 more cores.

My guess is that the 7nm+ AM5 4700X will beat it.

>video editing

>I can detect the difference between 180 and 182 fps

I7 is often 10-20 fps more

>believes this

Enjoy your overpriced security hole.

Attached: Ryzen-7-2700X-vs-i7-8700K-gaming.png (600x774, 164K)

A fool and his money...

Why should i buy a inferior prosessor when i have the money ?

Fool.

>i5-8400 is same performance as 8700k
>relevant benchmarks
pick one

>you

Attached: h30yqdjmjh701.png (560x632, 137K)

>gaming

>video editing

Where is video editing mentioned in the OP? Because gaming is pretty clearly there.

>Basically equal
>Shitty latency and shitty frequency

Pick one drone

Intel benchmarks don't account for security workarounds or all those stutters. Intel also has terrible context switching and gay amount of PCI lanes.

AMD
+ Price.
- Overheating
- Dead in few years
- Pathetic when it comes to performance at core.

When ? 2-3 Years maybe... but Intel will be again far far away from them. Rather buy intel knowing that processor will not die in next few months after you buy it, but if u are cold and winter nights you can always buy AMD and spare some money for heating.

AMD = Heat for whole family.

>shitposts twice
>still hasn't actually read the op

wtf did ijust read

NOOOOO DONT SAY THAT

Attached: 1536959341507.jpg (633x758, 156K)

Reported fag

Man you stealth marketers are cunning. AMD is miles ahead of Intel in heat department because of soldered heat spreaders. Now the Intel gum is a good thing? Why are the new i9s soldered then?

AMD IPC is about 5-10% behind Intel in some workloads and it makes them complete shit?

This shilling shit is part of why I won't go Intel again. Please report to your manager.

Cope

Typical amd fan desperation right here

Attached: 1534577800034.png (623x808, 418K)

>AMD IPC is about 5-10% behind Intel in some workloads and it makes them complete shit?
Do those workloads include davinci resolve?

You'd have to be a real stupid cunt to believe Intel marketing in 2018, and a real piece of shit to peddle those lies.

They're getting desperate considering 9900k is in Threadripper price range and it will get completely annihilated. Also Rome 64 cores will pulverize anything Intel will ever release for the next 5 years.

Attached: 1528292848450.jpg (811x1024, 223K)

>MUH 10 FPS IN GAYYMSS!!!
Now try compiling anything or use serious software.
Hopefully the day of the rope will come and all you faggots will go in exile to your shitty boards.

>or use serious software.
Like what?

God you are dumb

Attached: 1536682561358.jpg (552x661, 71K)

I don't fucking know, shit that gets things done? 3D production ,software development, multiple VMs, not running a single executable at a time.
Grow the fuck up and fuck off with your stupid games, I'm saying it as a fellow "gaymer" yet i don't boast about it on a technology board because games are not technology themselves.

Plz serious answer to delidding and IPC thx

>Gayming
>1080p
Losers

>open the box
>beeper inside plays linkib park melody
>cardboard edge cuts my finger

>Because we made this awesome packaging we had to spray it with excess lead to save on the costs. Our value customers understand and respect our choice. Some customers say the lead has increased their virility and worked on cancer prevention.

oh shit. based and redpilled.

that pic is hilarious. thx user.

>I don't fucking know
Exactly.

oooh, got 'em!!!!!

>oooh, got 'em!!!!!
Based AMDfag who never did anything else outside of gaming.

> i9
> gaymen
Intel shills really willing to put too much money on things they don't need?
Well at least it beats the 2700x in synthetic tasks.

PLS wait for 9th gen Intel processors before speculating

>Well at least it beats the 2700x in synthetic tasks.
Current gen, and older already beat the 2700x at many tasks.
>those tasks don't count

*cough cough*
zen 2
7nm
2800x will have 10 cores
*cough cough*

>actual footage of Jays2Cents next step in his overclocking battle with techjesus

Not even an Intel shill but I'd be fucking down for that. I used to have an 8320 @ 4.6ghz and that shit sucked. I could never be satisfied with it cause it legit bottlenecked my GPUs. Sold it after 3 years and got myself a 4690k and already saw improvements on fucking stock. Stuttering legit gone.
I personally want AMD to do well but Intel just has the performance I desire. I'm definitely getting a 9900k though unless AMD pulls some good shit out their asses by the time it releases.

>Stuttering legit gone
>4690k
stuttering is introduced by the cpu when it's choking, and that happens when your cpu is getting saturated.
You mean to tell us that you could saturate an 8core, but you were fine with a 4core
I think you should have a talk with wendel about your findings... because they contradict not only common sense, but also benchmarks
youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE&t

fyi, even 7700k was a stutterfest on many games due to it being a 4c8t cpu (and I am not talking about the broken gta5)

You're really willing to put $200-300 more in a CPU that'd be worse or marginally better than a 9700k for gaymes?
Does the drooling bothers your boyfriend?

2800X will have 12 or 16 cores

>Well at least it beats the 2700x in synthetic tasks.
$600 better beat $300 cpu

>AMD shills in complete damage control as they're about to be annihilated soon

>stuttering is gone
lol no, you're now used to the intel stutter

Feels good knowing 2600 vastly outsold the garbage 8400 and the seething intlel shills can't do anything about it, enjoy your stutters intlel shills.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9IL0gvNzczMDQ1L29yaWdpbmFsL0dyYW5kLVRoZWZ0LUF1dG8tVi1GcmFtZVRp (711x457, 43K)

I had SLI 780s and for sure the 8320 could not fucking keep up with them. As soon as I put those cards into the 4690k build, all the games I had stutters in went away. I was really anal about it.
Also, overlooking that 8320 netted me ~20 extra fps in overall frames.
I'm just speaking of my personal experience here.
200-300 more than the 9700k?
I mean, I'd like the hyperthreading. It helps with compression and decompression. I'd keep that cpu for at least 5 years before upgrading. Also, miss me with that gay shit user.
Well shit, at least the Intel stutter was better than.

2600 is a beast, smooth as fuck and it destroys Intel stutterfire garbage in multiple dimensions.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9IL1EvNzczMDU0L29yaWdpbmFsL01pZGRsZS1lYXJ0aC1TaGFkb3ctb2YtV2Fy (711x457, 35K)

FX8320 is a bad gaming CPU. In gaming it has like half IPC compared to haswell.

Riddle me this though: which of these will work undelidded without throttling the next two years: a processor with gum or soldered heat spreader?

why does the 8400 stutter so much?

>Zen
>Overheating
Is this bizarro Jow Forums?

>what is kike propaganda

You're describing the Bulldozer CPUs, and even then the
> - Dead in few years
part is inaccurate.

Have you been living under a rock for the last two years?

New ryzen box is much better

Attached: 1538530140788.jpg (1200x1200, 92K)

AMD is no longer best friends with
>gaming
>content creating
AMD is now best friends with
>compiling

The 3700X ES clocks at 4GHz with a 4.5GHz boost. The final product will probably have a base clock of 4.2GHz and OC fine to 4.7GHz or something.

Remains to be seen what the memory latency is like.

Vast majority of people play games at 1080p@60Hz. Doesn't matter whether you pick Intel or AMD.

>$582
Why the fuck would anyone buy that, without HT, when they can get a 2700X for half the price or a Threadripper 1920X for less? Or they can get a Threadripper 1950X for $20 more right now.

wait for intel 10nm

Sorry, I was wrong. i9 9900k has HT.

>Intel 10nm
You mean the node that Intel's own marketing admits is a generation behind? You mean this?

ark.intel.com/products/136863/Intel-Core-i3-8121U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-20-GHz-

Compare it to:

ark.intel.com/products/137977/Intel-Core-i3-8130U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-40-GHz-

The 10nm version has 200MHz less boost clocks than the 14nm version, has a non-functional GPU whereas the 14nm one has a functional one and STILL consumes the same power.

Intel 10nm is garbage, and you won't see any actual chips with it before 2020, except maybe a paper launch that lasts for 3 months.

Attached: 9110881-15271462873472602_origin.png (1467x722, 201K)

well what intel chip do you recommend right now for desktop performance?

A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON!

i5 8600k

my man!

Once the 7nm chips rolled out. The clockspeed advantage of current Intel SKUs will evaporate.

They will end-up being neck to neck. It'll come down to price and power consumption.

It looks AMD will have the edge here until Intel manages to iron out its hopeless 10nm process.

Attached: lol-22.jpg (1338x716, 96K)

Already done

>$582.50
The absolute kikes.

Attached: jew-44.jpg (500x498, 63K)

>gayming
No technology.

7nm chips already rolled out in the iPhone

>multiple VMs
VMs don't need a better processor if you aren't running anything in them, so that's a pretty stupid example.

>"wait for Intel 10nm"
>dies of old age

>because games are not technology themselves
Sure they are. There are many interesting technological aspects to game programming.

>Do those workloads include davinci resolve?
Who knows. There is literally not one soul on Jow Forums who uses that.

I'm betting Intel will eventually discard their own fabs and just outsource to what ever TSMC is doing t the time.
>yfw Intel i7 eventually becomes nothing more than a rebranded Ryzen R7

Ring bus makes >8 cores CPU pretty much useless because they have to make it longer thus increasing the latencies, which is of the most importance thing in games. It doesn't scale well above 8 cores.

That's why I9s are getting shredded even by I7s in game (but not other tasks as they don't rely that much on latencies).

On the other hand AMD's infinity fabric, while requiring fast RAM, scales very well with a higher core count, there's a bigger difference between a Ryzen 5 and a Ryzen 7 than between an I7 and an I9 despite both adding 2 cores / 4 threads.

Ring bus won't be able to keep up, their only hope is to release a new architecture, which is a far future.

Attached: Es0Gvnp.png (5098x1500, 2.29M)

holy shit you guys are delusional... An overclockable chip for desktop usage, a greedy jewish chip. If you only care about desktop usage, buy ryzen 2200g or 2400g, or hell even Intel Pentium G series (with swiss cheese security technology), you get the most value

I am and I completely agree with you. I simply answered his question.

Somehow people have gotten into their heads that you need at least 4c/8t cpu, 16GB ram and 500GB ssd to surf the net.

>It'll come down to price
Considering Intel keeps bumping the price even as Ryzen exists I doubt they care that much.

You'd think that they'd slash prices in the face of competition but instead they add $50 for every core they add.

The 9900k will debut at $480 SRP and the 8700k debuted at $359, they clearly don't care how much AMD undercuts itself with pricing.

It's almost as if AMD doesn't exist to them.

engadget.com/2018/10/06/amd-12-24-core-threadripper-2-release-date/

Attached: 1518255980001.png (600x742, 395K)

>Intel is better at content creation
Yeah sure shlomo, maybe if you're running shit software

>The 9900k will debut at $480 SRP
I think you got a typo there its $580

7nm is literally out

Will the 24c model have 3 or 4 active dies?

just wait bro, it will be worth it, buying intel 10nm on your death bed

Attached: dodecahedron.png (400x359, 199K)

>Yeah sure shlomo, maybe if you're running shit software
If that's what you call every software currently available then, yes.
Now name some non shit software for content creation.
I'll wait.

there used to be
not so much anymore
now it's all wysiwyg editors and replaceable graphics APIs, tuning rendering parameters rather than implementing new cool shit

we will never again see something as game changing as a fast inverse square root come out of video games

>if you aren't running anything in them
what the fuck is the point of a VM if you don't run anything in it? nice strawman

I fell for the "you don't need hyperthreading" and "i7 is overkill for gaming" memes back when I built my first pc in 2013. Now today I see tons of people perfectly fine with no bottlenecks with old i7s paired with new gpus and I'm stuck here on my i5.
Definitely going to pay the premium for the i9 this time.

>buying intel
>israeli company
>riddled with backdoors and spyware baked into the chip
>because Jow Forums shilled intel hard
enjoy your onions, fag