Can the human brain be overclocked? (Not a meme post, serious discussion.)

Can the human brain be overclocked? (Not a meme post, serious discussion.)

Our brains work on electrical impulses triggering reactions and interacting with each other to relay information via complex biochemical structures.

Ergo, if we could speed up the transmit and receive bandwidth, that would be like a bus overclock, right?

And if we overvolt/add more than normal amounts of available electrical energy to the brain, couldn't this be utilized as a sort of energy battery for the brain. Instead of having to wait for metabolic processes in the digestive system to provide that energy, maybe we can bypass that need somehow.

(Sources of resources to repair cellular damage and aid in cell reproduction would still be necessary of course.)

Does this seem feasible to Jow Forums ?

Attached: breinz.png (326x239, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kdkFJa2VJM
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0896627301003324
theguardian.com/science/2016/jun/13/bird-brained-and-proud-densely-packed-neurons-give-birds-intellectual-edge
youtube.com/watch?v=PQsrtftooTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post number checked.
Satan approved.

>Can the human brain be overclocked?
It does with adrenaline.

Do drugs and cook your brain

bump

Cocaine, my dudes!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=-kdkFJa2VJM

Dunno about that but imagine being able to mess with your brain's renderer. You could basically choose the world's art style and 2D literally becomes reality.

Just start dosing nicotine, it does basically what you are looking for.

>cocaine
I'm so fucking ready for this.

here is a article
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0896627301003324

Wait is this real? I can't imagine this is a good idea

What is coffee?

>hippocampus
Am I gonna need two doors for this?

> what are stimulants

Electricity is not "available energy" in the brain. The electric signals in the brain are only within individual neurons. Neurons don't talk to other neurons with electricity, but neurotransmitter pathways.

You CAN "overvolt" the brain via tdcs (trans-cranial direct current stimulation). By reducing the necessary voltage potential required to trigger neurotransmitter release, which leads to increased/decreased signaling in the affected areas based on direction of current flow.

Attached: 3dfx_Voodoo2_1000.jpg (800x600, 122K)

Except you're already only seeing everything in 2D.

Can you observe a solid object in 3D? Shading and ghosted outlines are 2D imaging techniques used to represent depth, but you're still looking at a 2D image

Attached: 1174510159941.jpg (366x358, 24K)

As other people have said you can "overclock" it with cocaine and amphetamines, but the brain is very sensitive to temperature so an actual overclock by running more energy through it would be dangerous, as it's already prone to overheating.
It's basically slightly overheated whenever you feel the need to yawn, yawning is a method of cooling it down using the cold air that hits the roof of your mouth.

>very sensitive to temperature
I mean temperature changes

We need to shrink the process cycle.
theguardian.com/science/2016/jun/13/bird-brained-and-proud-densely-packed-neurons-give-birds-intellectual-edge

Doesn't matter if the image is 2D if you're eyes are seeing different images/perspectives. Each eye can only see in 2D, but from a different perspective, which enables us to perceive stuff in a 3D manner.

It's not just about overclocking, as that would be less relevant to how our brain works. Can it be optimized? Sure as hell.

magnesium aspirin caffeine ephedrine

Yes.

Attached: modifinil-entrepreneur.jpg (700x350, 46K)

There's plenty of drugs that do that

>satan approved
>secure tripcode
>666
>demonic references
(((They))) want to modify our brains, confirmed.

>actually interesting information on Jow Forums
what a waste

>materialist faggot
You are a fucking idiot. There are others beings that perceive on a much faster rate, such as the birds, and their brains are similar.
So maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the brain, but instead how many cycles per unit of time the simulation is allocating on your instance???

Attached: 6h34uylmv.png (225x225, 9K)

With drugs and hormones sure but there's a reason we don't have bulging minds and muscles 24/7.

Nicotine is very interesting. It's the only drug that acts as a stimulant and a relaxant. Fuck smoking though

Our eyesight relies on visual cues and movement. Even with one eye we see depth because our brains tell us something is 3D by using those cues. Stereoscopy for movies does not work on one eye though. They do special 3D glasses for people with only one eye where the movie is only available at cinemas in 3D for whatever reason. It just sends both imgaes to the right eye depolarised.

You are the universe believing itself to be a man.

Attached: ea5.png (600x539, 170K)

Try DMT

Yes, it's called being Jewish.

DMT my man

>pantheism fag
>not believing in upper layers
kys as well. What if I'm a player that has paid a fuckton of money in the upper world to play an illegal VR game where your real identity is forgotten and you can only exit the game when you complete it?

>Can the human brain be overclocked? (Not a meme post, serious discussion.)
>Our brains work on electrical impulses triggering reactions and interacting with each other to relay information via complex biochemical structures.

At this level, no. Axon impulses cannot be modulated by anything other than interval: every impulse on a given path travels at the same speed with the same magnitude, and there are minimum inter-impulse intervals determined by how quickly ion pumps can push Na+ or K+ or whatever ions back on the right side of the membrane.

There are various hormones/drugs that can change how easily neurons respond to signals with new signals of their own, but this is not quite the "bare metal" overclocking I think you are talking about.

Some user mentioned tdcs. It sure sounds like overclocking to me. I know the results ain't magical and the field is still being researched, but the theory of how it works sounds somewhat realistic.
Redpill me on tdcs, if you can.

TDCS is like hard-locking some neuron inputs on or off. Inter-neuron neurotransmitter release is triggered by axon polarization levels, so TDCS is just fucking with base voltage levels in regions of the brain in aggregate to make them more or less chatty.

I mean it could produce high-level end results similar to "think faster" but it technically is reducing cognitive operation by forcing intermediate outputs to be something irrespective of inputs.

>90% of people in this thread suggest to use drugs
>Nobody recommending a hyperbaric air chamber
>Oxygen saturates redblood cells
>Improves stimuli and thought production

Attached: Hyperbaric_Oxygen_Chamber.jpg (1800x1371, 1.41M)

Do lsd and your brain will get ahead of you hence the experience of tripping
Tripping is basically stumbling over your thoughts and falling into emotions, basically overclocks your brain to make it unstable

1. Make an army of nanobots, dissasemble the consciousness region in everyones brain

2. Throw the known universe into a 4D orbit around a 3.5D black hole.

3. Rebuild the consciousness regions of everyones brains inside the event horizon of the black hole.

4. Do any necessary computation outside the reach of the black hole's gravity. Time dilation will ensure instant calculation.

5. Once done, rebuild everyones consciousness centers into their dormant bodies on Earth and remove 4D black hole.

That's how you speed up the brain OP :)

Attached: 1427652573606.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

you mean like going through range of frequencies causing global epilepsy and suddenly, click, some resonance and you start percieving and processing info faster? Nope.

you would need to keep neurons alive somehow, speed up the repolarization, speed up signal transduction for NT vesicle transport, bump up NT splashes, reuptake and resynthesis in the right ratio, and also probably completly new neuronal net so the signals integrate properly

idk if this qualifies but openai did an experiment: cube rotating in a hand overseen by a camera, as part of the experiment they increased the gpu+cpu and still task speed plateaued anyway...maybe you cant cross some magic line in that architecture or the bottleneck was the sensory input

>the consciousness region in everyones brain
mein nigger

Attached: 64367u882f3fud.png (702x591, 627K)

Cognazine Citicoline. You can get it over the counter. Its shown to increase brain functionality if taken over a long period of time, slow down brain aging. I can vouch for it anyway. I take Qualia, which already has 100mg, but i take another 1000 seperately.

I assume overclocking would also speed up your ageing process and vice versa.
Have fun being twice as smart but dying twice as fast, nerd.
I'm going to turn myself into a 25IQ brainlet that lives for 400 years.

Attached: 1509307789104.png (313x470, 10K)

>Cognazine Citicoline.
if you suffer a stroke, minor head trauma or have alzheimers, then yeah, it has some effect on cognitive abilities, but for healthy individuals? nope, no evidence

>what is amphetamines

Well, if somehow you could increase the myelin covering your neurons you could speed up a lot impulse transmission.

Modern medicine calls it epilepsy.

I hope this is true for me. I hate my life, it'd be awful if this is the real thing

You would be right, if we only had ONE eyeball. dip-shit. We compile a stereo view from two separate eyeballs, buddy.

So, without physically changing neural interconnections or adding additional structures to an existing brain. The idea of discretely overclocking a human brain at this moment in time, is not yet possible?

Just need to double check on this for something.

look up pineal gland

Sort of.

The human life database is very, very, large.

They would need your help to pull you out at the end, if you really want to go back.

You have to give them one piece of information that will uniquely identify you, in this timeline.

Something easy to check/look for, if someone(Let's call someone Mister X), had the means to fly around at extremely high speeds checking every building on the planet within a couple of hours or so.

What information would you give to Mister X, so that when he saw you, or your home, he would know it was you?

>The human life database is very, very, large.
youtube.com/watch?v=PQsrtftooTE

this sounds retarded
would probably fry his brain if he'll do it.
I hope he will, wanna see him becoming vegetable then someone asking him
>was it worth it?

suffocation plastic bags just works
get one from your local store

So that's why psychedelics make you yawn. Neat.

>be me
>have done over 4000+ hours of dmt
>meet drug faggots
>do 10 grams of shrooms
>feel nothing
>do 20
>nothing
>do 50
>nothing
>do 100
>nothing

wew