gentle reminder that you can change wikipedia's skin

Attached: wiki.jpg (1893x1035, 706K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>calling CSS a skin
fuck off of Jow Forums already

This post is extremely low quality.

CSS is a name of a language. Using the the word skin in the context OP used it in is a lot more appropriate.

>Cascading Style Sheet
>language
the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: SEFCxo8.png (690x821, 59K)

i suppose you agree with all the google results that call HTML 'code' too

That's bullshit and you know it.

HTML literally has language in its name. You go ahead and post those google results and I will tell you if I agree with them or not. W3 says it's a language, and W3 is the body that is responsible for defining CSS.

The "M" stands for "Markup", HTML is a markup language; just like, say, Markdown.
Therefore, it is a language but not "code" which is usually defined as "text in a programming langauge".

I welcome you to open a dictionary and look up what the word code can mean.

Sorry, I should have been more precise -- let me amend what I said: "which, in this context, is usually (...)".

Actually, don't. I don't want to argue about whether code is the right word to call HTML text or not. Just show me those google results and I'll tell you if I agree or not.

>"which, in this context, is usually (...)".
In that case you have no right to say it's incorrect to use the word this way - you can say that it's uncommon.

So Jow Forums actually knows their shit?
Or a basement dweller like you thinks their useless opinion matters more than the ones behind it?
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS

You're adding arbitrary meaning to terms that never had them. "Code" or "language" in the context of computing has never implied 'turning complete'.

you mean touring
anal must be turning in his grave

>touring
it's turing, faggot

not turning, not touring

> you ---->
> joke

I don't use Google, and I'm not the one you originally replied to. Trusting random Google results is stupid, I think we can both agree on that.

Alright, I concede my point. In a professional environment you would probably be better off with a term to mean what is common for it.

I'm not a native speaker, so maybe this is a language issue, but in the environments I've worked in, "code" usually _did_ imply "text in a language that is turing complete (or at least closer to it than a fucking markup langauge)". "Language" is an entirely different beast, and no matter the context I don't think it will ever have that meaning.

>I don't use Google, and I'm not the one you originally replied to. Trusting random Google results is stupid, I think we can both agree on that.
I'm not asking you to trust results of google, I'm asking you to trust sites referenced by that google query, particularly w3.org. You are really dumb if you thought the screenshot was relevant in any other way.

>In a professional environment you would probably be better off with a term to mean what is common for it.
Great advice from a mentally challenged.

People still use wikipedia? I have that propoganda blocked in my hosts file.