Why haven't you gotten a smartwatch yet?

Why haven't you gotten a smartwatch yet?

Attached: Michael-Kors-Grayson-AM-AH-11.jpg (1366x913, 46K)

I don’t have a use case for it

As useless as regular watches(which I don't have either).

But I do

I have that exact model.

I hardly use it anymore but its nice to have an accessory that's a bit more practical than just having the time on your wrist. I do find myself using it in the rare occasion that I find it worth wearing with my outfit

I have enough fiddly toys already.
If there was one that would need charging maybe once per month, was perfectly hackable and offered a good set of health-related sensors I might be interested.

I don't see the use case.

/thread
Smartwatches look so useless, they can't do a single thing you can't with your phone, and aren't great as watches too. It's the most unappealing piece of tech I've ever seen.

I would get an Apple Watch if it wasn't Apple.
Or a Microsoft Band if it still existed and had decent support.
The only other options right now are chinkshit with half-baked functionality.

Stillborn meme, just like tablets.

I don't see the point when they're connected to your smartphone. Can you get self contained smart watches?

My battery is suppose to late ten years, why downgrade to 16 hours

chinese ones with 5-hour battery life

needs a smartphone to function so useless.

Dunno which one to get. That's my only issue.

okay so I have my phone why do I need a smart watch when a regular watch works fine for looking up the time without looking like I'm slacking off at work?

Just one more connection to the botnet

This

No cheap 3100 smartwatch yet

t. Schlomo

Seriously, I'm retarded. Can somebody recommend me a good Wear OS 2 watch that's not shit?

Wrong. Apple Watches have LTE and function totally independently. Keep up, Andrones.

Wrong, (((they))) want you to believe you NEED all those useless trinkets for whatever asinine reasons, like "status".

But I do user, and it's a fucking DevKit. Wear a bit of Texas Instruments on your wrist with the ez430 devkit.

Also don't you get tired of posting the same thread every day user? I know I'm getting sick of posting the same responses.

>People who get off their asses and wish to keep up with their blood pressure, heart rate, and pulse and burned calories are FUCKING RETARDS

Okay Archfag.

>wearing a meme watch

>ever

Attached: 20181007_144350.jpg (4160x2080, 3.69M)

I haven't worn a watch since getting a smart phone why the hell would I want a 'smart watch'?

For what it's worth status is one thing but aesthetics do play a major role in identifying what your interest are to others. Hell, that's half of the reason for goddamn laptop stickers, to show people around you what you're about. Art hoes got a vibe, eng dicks got a vibe. Shape your vibe user

>wearing a 1000 dollar, featureless piece of pretentious glass
>didn't fall for a meme
Pick one.
Mostly marketed at people who are physically active.

how many fucking numbers and dials are on that watch, what the fuck

that shit would drive me crazy in minutes

Attached: 9200000026554150.jpg (646x1200, 100K)

They're impractical as watches due to the shit battery life.
They're worthless as "smart" devices because the screen isn't big enough to do anything worth a fuck.

Attached: 1538227452520.gif (192x256, 883K)

But I already gave the best smart watch out there.

Attached: IMG_20181007_154633.jpg (3840x2160, 1.99M)

Unless you have some health problem you're monitoring, why do people wear these 'health tracker' watched?

Do you need your watch to tell you you're running? That your heart-rate is up? It's as useful as a weather app that only tells you the current weather, and only while you're outdoors.

>having some faggot's name on your watch
wew

>Hell, that's half of the reason for goddamn laptop stickers
And the other half is to show you're mentally challenged.

I had one. It was cool for the first few months...but then it really wasn't anything special. It doesn't really compliment the phone either. It is in a drawer now, collecting dust.

I don't want or need one. That simple. I haven't worn a wrist-watch this century and I see no reason to start now.

Also, it's too early for these things anyways, don't recommend anyone buy one. That $1000 device will be outdated and worthless in a year or two. If you want to spend $1000 on a watch then get a real watch, a traditional watch, you can expect a good $1000 watch to last you 20+ years - not 1.

It's a chronograph, clues in the name

Some people like to use them to data log. However, unless it is a dedicated device, most of them are not very accurate and suck at logging the activity.

I exercise a lot and totally fail to see the point.

If I wanted to track how far and fast I've run I can use my phone already. I don't know what other useful information it could give you.

I've seen where there are apps that use these smart watches to count reps while you're weight lifting. If you can't count to ten without some app doing it for you you have a serious problem.

>to keep up with their blood pressure, heart rate, and pulse and burned calories are FUCKING RETARDS
Nah, they are 80 years olds with diabetes.

The idea is that you dont have a cellphone slapping against your thigh as you stuff it in your pocket or autistically strap it to yourself. And a smartphone cant monitor vitals or burned calories.

Enjoy paying ridiculous money for a quartz movement that costs literal pennies from some chink farm and slapped with a fashion label name (oh lawdy)

>mfw

Attached: 1538259533021.png (352x264, 67K)

>has 2 dials with 60 and 1 with 24

Dont think you need scooby and the gang to solve this

Attached: 1506045921672.jpg (521x600, 30K)

I haven't had a watch since high school. If I need to tell the time, I just pull out my phone and look, like a pocket watch.
I sometimes pull one out from my drawers of eternity if I have an exam and can't use my phone to tell the time.

>a smartphone cant monitor vitals or burned calories
literally who the fuck cares?
as long as your work out, you can be fucking sure you burned calories.
and about that phone slapping, newsflash: there are fucking chest pockets on tracksuits and slim backpacks also exist. my god, you people are retarded
the only watch anyone should ever wear is a casio W59

Ticwatch pro is amazing.

this. all those "exercise" features are clearly targeting people who don't

nobody's got a cellphone strapped to anything at the gym and there's also no need to monitor anything with a smart-device when you're there. you'd know this already if you went there ever but you don't lift

Why would you want to count burned calories?

And anyway, smartwatches only calculate calories -very- indirectly, based on the weight and gender and heartrate, and then making assumptions on heartrate-to-calories burnt

Attached: 20180213_184835.png (1009x1435, 1.12M)

Some people actually do like to track their progress over time...or just keep a log of it.

A dedicate device would be the better option though

>Ticwatch pro
Doesn't that use its' own OS?

@67951152
What part of not autistically carrying a brick against your body do you not understand

Its called keeping a record. I highly doubt that just by "going for 3 hours" you consistently meat your quota.
more accurate than what a person can deduce.

No, it should be wear OS 2

>meat your quota
again, you don't lift

it's not about how many calories you burn. it's about eating as much as possible so you gain muscle mass

be honest, now, do you even lift? just admit that you don't and stfu

>more accurate than what a person can deduce.
Wrong. The assumptions necessary to correlate heart rate to burnt calories end up being +/- 10-20%

My own body can count calories far more precise than that, as my body weight has been stable for years, and even a couple of percent excess or shortage would change my weight in the long run

take that smartwatch

Attached: 1529785113801.jpg (638x558, 63K)

>work in classified room

If I can't wear it at work, it's useless.

Which branch?

>Some people actually do like to track their progress over time...or just keep a log of it.
what part of "the smartphone can do it" don't you understand? "calories burned" you can deduce from your time/distance
also who the fuck actually cares to log vitals? are you a geriatric?

LOL THE DW IS BACKWARDS

>doing manually what can be trivially done with automation.

Luddite detected.

>work in classified room
>tfw same
>people do it anyway cause who tf looks at your watch

I have a pebble, they went to shit and gadgetbridge doesn't connect to it randomly for some reason

>yet another bluetooth device to lower my testosterne even further
no thanks, chaim

>not sure if female or wrist-let

>not being fat makes you a wrist-let

lmao

I have a Ticwatch E and like it. Had the pro been available when I got this, I'd have gotten the pro though. Still pretty happy with the E, and it's definitely a Wear 2.0 device (like the pro). Also cheaper than the pro.

Attached: _20181007_132153.jpg (2790x2277, 1.38M)

Why would we need one more listening device?

Because I don't have a below average level of testosterone

Mi band 3 here

Because I wear a Ronstan Clear Start already.

Because a watch isn't an appliance that you want a cheap integrated circuit in. It's a timeless piece of art and engineering.

Underage

Because I need a real watch.

Exactly pix. rel.

Attached: bild1.jpg (648x927, 94K)

>jewelery for men
>useless

are you one of those faggots who think you can properly showcase your status through fucking iphone?

I had the Tic Watch E and it was pretty good functionally, but I got tired of charging it every night. I really wanted something like the Fitbit Blaze which can last a few days on a charge and showed notifations.

YmmV

Cause huawei still can't seem to make a stylish watch like the first gen.
I still wear it almost every day. All I want is a watch that looks good and has the new tech inside. That's all, why can't I have this?

Fair. I had a fitbit blaze before this, and it was definitely better for sheer battery life. I find the ticwatch is more generally useful for me though, and have come to find it handy to be able to do stuff like respond to IMs directly from the watch. Otoh, though the ticwatch is not yet as good to me for sleep tracking as the fitbit was, it's miles better for heart rate tracking due to being able to sync it with Fit and install stuff like Heart Trace 2 direct on the watch.

You're definitely right though: YMMV by device versus your needs/interests.

SHIT
BATTERY LIFE

Attached: 1536986350530.jpg (464x618, 25K)

Why would I?
My phone can do exactly what they can do and more comfortably.

>smartwatches become a thing
>google and apple in on ground floor
GOD FUCKING DAMN
STOP IT
HOW DO I GET AWAY

Yep. They're totally not a need; but kind of neat and kind of convenient.

i got an amazfit bip and that does everything i want it to with the exception of reading fucking emojis. how did such a standard thing get overlooked? but other than that it's great since i don't have to charge it for a whole month.

because I like having a battery that lasts for a decade.

model name?

Because I wanted smart necklace

When will smartwatches be able to monitor my blood sugar?

t. diabetic

Attached: 1525664321327.png (664x813, 748K)

>wrist botnet
No thanks

>showcasing your status

Attached: npc.png (430x441, 86K)

If I didnt care about money at all, I would get an apple watch, so I dont have to keep my smartphone with me, when going for a run.

ACT101

Because studies show that incidence of right hemisphere brain tumors increases among people who hold their smartphone in their right hand, imagine what having it strapped to you 24/7 does.

Seriously though, there are over 7,500,000,000 people on the planet. There is a limited number of people the planet can sustain, so at some point we are going to need to start thinning the herd. Smartwatches seem like a prime candidate for pruning the population, since everyone has one, and the elite are rarely seen wearing them. You know apple watches have sensors on them that are “inactive” because they are not yet approved by the FDA? I will stick to mechanical watches, thanks.

Get an automatic mechanical watch. A good mechanical watch movement will outlive you.

What model is it?

I laid eyes on the fossil gen 4, it's taking me all I have to not buy it.
Thoughts?

I have one. Mobvoi Ticwatch E. I used it for a while but got annoyed at the preinstalled fitness apps and shit. Kept telling me to go for a walk in the middle of class and I didn't want to open the fitness app since it required giving jewgle data. Are there custom roms for this thing?

Michael Korrs Access Grayson

It's not the fastest, and it's kinda lacking in hardware features like GPS or NFC but the style and look is unmatched imo. At least it was when I bought it.

Honestly for me, that's the most important aspect of a smart watch. I need to be able to wear it without it looking like I'm wearing a bulkey piece of technology. It needs to look like an ordinary watch at least at first glance.
That's why I'm always so surprised the Apple Watch is so popular. It's so ugly compared to real watches

Attached: 9a2af6170eaf479691a87e2b20a7b9c5.jpg (1000x1000, 104K)

I have a phone.

Attached: 3C02F246-FB2A-426C-9A3D-66E2AE2A9EE2.png (400x400, 167K)

As a white man I can tell you that a Rolex is a better investment because it won't go down in value after a couple years.

>literally attaching botnet to your wrist

>still have to be linked to an iphone
worthless

no, being a twink does