So now that your entire user directory got deleted by the latest Windows 10 update which was forced upon you and now...

So now that your entire user directory got deleted by the latest Windows 10 update which was forced upon you and now that your precious and valuable data is gone for good, don't you think it's time to at least check out one of the popular Linux distros and see what it's all about? Not sure if you've already heard it, but you can play (almost) all of your games and run (almost) all of your other Windows exclusive software out of the box via Wine/Proton/DXVK. Various desktop environments have matured quite heavily over the past years and the entire experience can be customized to your desires and needs, so give it a try, either in a VM or by dual-booting, it won't hurt and you will learn tons of new and interesting/exciting stuff.

Don't know which distro to pick? No problem, see here:
distrochooser.de/en

Having a question? No problem, ask for help from the nice and friendly Linux community:
>>>/reddit/linuxquestions
>>>/reddit/linux4noobs
Or read from the well documented and easy to understand popular wikis:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Main_Page
Or find answers to all of your questions elsewhere:
duckduckgo.com/
google.com/

Attached: windows-10-ditches-patch-tuesday-for-security-s-sake.jpg (810x456, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>your precious and valuable data is gone for good
Who the fuck stores actual valuable data in their users folder?

i am the faggiest of faggots and I won't install Linux because my gayman's headset drivers aren't compatible with it.

>using an OS which automatically deletes user data
>"hurr durr, just don't use this specific directory"

Or, or, I can stay on 8.1 for a few years until I'm actually forced to do this shit. I'm not switching over something that performs worse on shit that I can barely run on Windows in the first place.

you'll have to embrace the poo eventually if you stay on 7 or 8.1

Eventually, yes. Maybe by 2021.

>Or I can just crawl for the rest of my life.
Learn to walk.

I already learned, I don't have to for now.

No thanks, Windows 7 is fine.

>reddit
>duckduckgo
>google
>archwiki
>you can play (almost) all of your games and run (almost) all of your other Windows exclusive software out of the box via Wine/Proton/DXVK

you don't even win nothing dude, not even a cookie, why are you linking bad resources, botnets, flat out lying and advertising on a logical fallacy built out of fear? I don't even use Windows, but you win nada for shilling Busybox/Linux. Besides, true niggers use 9front, now that shit is cash.

Attached: 1517623490828.png (640x480, 148K)

Maybe in 10-20 years when Linux is ready for the Desktop ...provided it hasn't been destroyed by trannies or Microsoft yet then

That disto picker thing is fucking ass, I specifically said I wanted stable updates over speed, as well as presets for the installer and it still recommended Arch.

Attached: 1514340511713.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

>posts anime
Grow up, you pedo "man"child who is fapping to sexualized drawn chinese children

Azumanga probably aired before you were even born, faggot.

I'm sorry, but I don't speak your baby language...
Also thanks for confirming being a subhuman pedophile

there is literally nothing wrong with posting reaction images as long as its in lieu with the content of the post

>Windows 10
>learn to walk

More like learn to use a wheelchair since it's a cripple OS

>headset drivers

Attached: Smile.jpg (600x600, 94K)

Debian sid.

>...

openSUSE / Ubuntu or bust, Debian is rough around the edges and has no drivers

Attached: 1538374268366.jpg (960x722, 286K)

>debian unstable for stability
hmmm

>Install Linux
>Get annoyed at driver compat
>Years go by
>Acquire razer keyboard
>Decide to take a look at the conf tools
>Actually got good
>Start contributing PRs to a project for Razer devices

I'm doing gods work fags. Send me riced out keyboards I'll never use.

>Acquire razer keyboard

>imagine shilling Windows fucking 8.1

>razer
>gods work

Attached: razer guy.jpg (2448x3264, 1.84M)

gahnoo loonix has been ready for the desktop for about a decade now. Stop trying autistic distros and stick with the ones that work (manjaro xfce, elementaryOS, etc)

Who are you quoting?

yo mama's testies

it didn't because i always defer updates through group policy fuckery
this did serve as a reminder to back everything up again this month, though

i will probably use Ubuntu

>be me
>Consider the users folders for noobs but enjoy the functionality addition of the users folder
>Have a 128GB SSD for my OS and everything else goes into a 2tb HDD
>Remap Desktop, Documents, Downloads into 2tb HDD
>No deletion of my data for some reason.

Phew. Dodged a bullet.

Attached: file.png (476x587, 24K)

cringe
onions
and gay

>you can ALMOST use your exclusive Windows software!
nobody wears cringe distro stickers like linux people. People simply use Windows for a reason

word of warning, one of my nephews used to absolutely love Razer - probably because it's marketed at children. Regardless, he got it into his head that he wanted all the Razer things. I'm pretty well off so I bought him some overpriced Razer stuff like a headset, mouse and keyboard. It all went to shit relatively fast. headset stopped working on one side (not that uncommon on headsets with a fixed cable), the w and s and other keys stopped working properly on the keyboard and the mousewheel got fucked.

He no longer wants anything from Razer and views it as trash.

>People simply use Windows for a reason
Because it came pre-installed on one of their computers once and they sticked with it

Linux is not ready for the desktop while programmers for to support multiple competing standards

The moment I can use a linux distro without ever having to resort to the terminal and copy-paste random commands from the internet, is the day I switch from Windows to leenox

but every single time I see linux users discussing an issue they're having, the first comment is "run this command, might do the trick". Wtf? It's just a server OS at this point

Attached: 1538202395323.jpg (495x600, 242K)

Just install hackintosh noops

>still being an idiot
>can ALMOST use all your Windows exclusive
>Windows exclusive
All the software is on Windows. Linux can't even agree on what packages to have in their repos

A used mech off a buddy for 20$ is a used mech off a buddy for 20$. Built myself a ergodox in the time since and the Razer gear is collecting dust atm.

Way more fun to build your own shit.

Those are the goofs not using Ubuntu. If you're just using Ubuntu it's pretty hard to fuck up as long as you stick to the official repos.

Once you start getting custom repos and compiled software all over then you need to get the CLI shenanigans going

Windows 10 just werks bruh, why would I want to use trannyware?

Attached: w520.jpg (1600x1137, 271K)

not even then... there's a GUI for adding custom PPAs/repos

someone in those reddit threads had done the same thing and lost his files, this bug has been reported for months and still no one knows why it deletes everything for some people

I'd be careful with the integrated and uncovered camera if you're running an OS which actively spies on you

windows doesn't have any repos

Don't give a fuck :)

Works fine for me.

>user directory got deleted by the latest Windows 10 update
AAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>pajeetware

If your computer abilities end at pointing on colorful pictures, what are you even doing on Jow Forums?

>I have nothing to hide
youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
Can I have access to your email account(s)? Just want to read, nothing more. Totally harmless. Oh, and also copies of your keys. Maybe also a camera in your bathroom. Thanks!

That's one thing I love about Linux, sane package management. Install this package and whatever it needs is installed alongside it.

Closest you get in windows is bloated to fuck executable installers that make sure you have 400 copies of the same goddamn framework.

That and every program needing a built in updater. Holy fucking wintards.

Don't care :)

I wanted to install some linux OS but-
>iPhone
>nothing equivalent to msi afterburner
>Company that makes my UPS has some half assed CLI version of their control panel with less functionality than the windows counterpart
>WINE is a joke
>anytime you look for support from some big name company and they find out you're using linux they cop out everytime by giving the whole "linux isn't that popular so we aren't going to waste development time to port our product" nonsense
>anytime you want to interact with the majority of the community it's always this tedious, tiresome cultish elitism
So at the end of the day putting up with the minor issues of windows LTSB (because I'm not insane enough to use the consumer version) is more tolerable than the eternal linux nightmare

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wonder which update will result in a black screen after a reboot :^^^))))

>reddit spacing

>something happened

lol this. dependency hell is a fucking unresolved problem, and will remain so for who knows long. It's either outdated garbage, or X fucking up.
Meanwhile, not only can I have apps that are portable between windows versions and computers, I can also have more than one version at the same time.
flatpaks and snaps are just hacked garbage that shows how outdated loonex is.
Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.

While we're on the subject of windows I wanna say this because I'm pissed

>computer keeps freezing out of the blue
>have no fuckin idea what causes it
>only happens when browsing chrome
>send it off to repairs eventually
>pull up windows 7 computer that's older in the meantime while I wait
>use chrome
>suddenly it freezes, get worried the computer froze
>nope it's just chrome being fucking trash as usual
so apparently windows 10 is so fucking bad that if a single program freezes you can't just close it like windows 7 it causes the ENTIRE FUCKING SYSTEM TO FREEZE how is that possible, how fucking bad are they at coding
why is everything linked together in windows it's fucking shit

>So now that your entire user directory got deleted by the latest Windows 10 update which was forced upon you and now that your precious and valuable data is gone for good, don't you think it's time to at least check out one of the popular Linux distros
Unironically no.
1) I use Win7 so am yet to be effected by this (let's hope no)
2) I don't even recall storing anything of value in the user directory since it is going to be wiped in case of windows reinstallation
3) Linux is still way less usable. No one (except shills) claims Windows is anywhere near being ideal but Linux is simply not ready for day to day use (and I doubt it shall ever be). And I am not even talking games (I don't play a lot actually), I tried Ubuntu for a while (in 2016) and recall playing with some distros back in 2009 (long time ago) but the user experience it gave wasn't good or even acceptable. Things that bug you are all over there and you notice them even during basic tasks like browsing. I won't even mention device compatibility or drivers - something you should not expect in *nix.

As a side note, since XP Windows already made huge move towards unreliability and I can anticipate posibility of it becoming less usable than Linux one day. But not atm.

PEBKAC
Don't use linux please, don't want anymore retards clogging it.

>Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.
enjoy the lack of support for new hardware in the NT kernel

>obvious micropajeet shillpost

I'm not a retard, you are

One curry has been depoosited in your loo

Stay away from Arch at least.

shut up, retard I'll do whatever I want

>if a single program freezes it causes the ENTIRE FUCKING SYSTEM TO FREEZE
We've gone full circle.

Attached: bluescreenofdeath.jpg (705x529, 139K)

laughing at you, and keep using windows

it's fucking atrocious

You do realize the reason why your computer can barely run shit is because you are running Windows, right? I had a 7 year old Dell Latitude Laptop that ran like utter garbage on Windows and once I made the decision to switch to Linux, it ran exactly like the first time I bought it. Keep cucking yourself, kiddo.

I never though of OS's being a filter. Thanks for the realization user.

I wonder how the plan9 guys are doing.

Shoutout to my 10 year old MacBook that I'm blendering on. Firefox, VLC, GIMP, Blender running at 15% CPU and 2.5G used of RAM. Suck it winfags

>stay on 8.1
That's actually the best choice for Winfags right now.

You sound like a cheesy salesman desu. Don't get me wrong, I use Linux for certain tasks. But why are you trying to convince people to use it? Are you getting paid for this?

This. Linux is a fucking paradise compared to Windows.
Linux made me love computers.

I mean I still render off in a datacenter in China. But it's not like a few 1080s would even be close to decent.

But it's neat to be able to figure out how shit work. Like STTY settings for gettting into various devices via a serial link. Fucking neato

It's still shit
Only bother checking it out if you're a bit tech-savvy and have the free time

t. Dual-booting since 2012

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

I just like teaching people the only true way to computing happiness

windows is the new arch

Attached: 1538927215695.png (852x1486, 463K)

cringe

>cringing from obvious bait answers

how else would i activate my ultimate gaymen fake 7.1 surround sound ultra capability on my headset?

redpill me on this Arch meme, does it delete your documents when you update?

not yet, but it often doesnt boot after updates, just like windows

>often
>implying

Best timeline. Funny, I've rolled back to 8.1 after 2 yerars and suprisingly it feels like decent os. Has this 7'ish feel to it, you can remove 95% of UWP apps so there's only store and like 3 others. In 2012 I wouldn't have imagined thinking that 8 is any good at all.

How did you remap them ?

Sick burnt to hell XD

>bait answers aren't cringeworthy

if it doesn't boot, you have fucked up and done something stupid you were not supposed to do...

right click > properties > location

>95%
cuck

Attached: 1481380457263.jpg (640x800, 190K)

bait
METERED CONNECTIONS FAGGOT

Thanks

Your personal files don't get deleted with the new update. They get MOVED...

>C:\Windows.old

>something stupid you were not supposed to do
>you aren't supposed to update arch
simply lol