Is 26 years old in big 4 too late to learn Vim? or am I doomed to vscode/jetbrains/visual studio forever?

Is 26 years old in big 4 too late to learn Vim? or am I doomed to vscode/jetbrains/visual studio forever?

Attached: 1538918666416.jpg (320x320, 38K)

You need 1 week to get comfortable with it, 1 month to get addicted to it.

Start with vimtutor and just start using vim for everything. It will click

You can always learn new skills. Just stick to it and avoid using other things. Vim can be really fast and effective.

Since you're stupid enough to ask such a fucking dumb question then you must already know it's not for you.
You can learn whatever you set your mind to but you're obviously a lazy fuck that needs to be told that YES you're going to have to put effort and practice. Up to you famalam

Just unplug your mouse and pretend the last 30 years of technological development never happened.

Learning it took some time to get used to but I've been using it forever and I'd never go back.

Yes, install Emacs.

Attached: 1534840837897.png (499x543, 281K)

Most editors that support plugins usually have a plugin that emulates all of VIM editing - vscode, jetbrains, emacs.

nano is better

I'm so much better at nano, but I doubt it's actually better

This OP.
Vim is so anchored in the computer world that you'll always have a plugin that emulates it.
Learn it once, master them.
This is one of the few memes on Jow Forums I'm happy I fell for it ! (With the SSD, Linux, Docker ...)

Those.
Best decision I made for my programming career

Attached: b612595d19efd97ae331b90ebff385ef.jpg (1400x931, 214K)

Of all the vim "emulator" plugins I have tried, none of them have even got close to actual vim functionality, with the exception of evil-mode for emacs which is almost exactly 1-1 feature-wise to vim.

You might as well try it, that way you'll realize how much of a giant waste of time it is to go past the basic commands.

>learn a text editor
just use vs code you dumb fuck

Attached: 1534825571475.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

big4 use nano

26 yo is too late to learn anything, you wasted your life, kill self and restart.

you're just old enough to kill yourself instead of making shit threads

Improving your social skills will help you much more with your career than learning Vim. Just saying. You should be planning your way to management by now. It's too late to be the l33t haxor indeed.

>Before vim
"I'm much faster on VScode and there's no fucking way Jow Forums is right that Vim will ever feel faster"
>One day forced to use vim
"Hey not so bad I guess"
>Install more plugins
"Ok this is actually pretty cool and fast"

>Ff 2 months
It's easily the editor in which I am most efficient with. By fucking far. The power that it gives me is just ridiculous. And I'm still always finding new things about it, I love it.

Attached: teX14cD.png (1080x1380, 1.06M)

no, i work at Google, we use cuneiform now