Arch Linux?

Is Arch Linux just a meme? I get that the main draw of Arch is that the user can customize it to his/her liking, but I use KDE Neon and find it very customizable. As a technological brainlet, is there any advantage to learning how to install Arch for daily use?

Attached: archlinux-logo-1159446C2C-seeklogo.com.png (300x300, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm curious too, after this semester ends I will try it out myself. Right now I use Lubuntu and so far it has been great.

Why Lubuntu and not Kubuntu? Or Xubuntu?

Arch is for retards too stupid for Gentoo GNU.

Because Lubuntu is for old computers and I have an old Acer aspire one computer. Ironically I use for programming since is very comfy to work with.

Don't feel like you need to change distros, user. If you're comfortable with what you have then there is no need to change distros based on some lonely neckbeard's opinion. Arch is good if you want a distro where you know exactly every single piece of software that is in your computer. Other than that, all distros are capable of doing customizations that arch can do.

I admire your dedication to gender inclusivity, but no woman has ever used arch linux.

Is that right m'lady?

It's the least autistic "simple", "minimal" distro.

The reasons to use Arch are as follows:

-It comes with no bloatware or useless packages installed. You decide yourself what to install.
-It uses a rolling release model with bleeding edge packages
-Pacman package manager
-Arch user repository AUR
-Big community

If you do not care about these things, there is no reason to force yourself to use Arch.

""""minimal""""

ARCH IS SHIT AND IT'S THE WORST DISTRO ANYONE CAN USE.

ARCH IDEOLOGY AND COMMUNITY IS CANCER

How about compared to Manjaro?

Works for me™

manjaro is built on top of arch
it comes with a bunch of packages
one with gnome, kde

not him but I use Manjaro, it's Arch but with not so often updates, it's kinda like Debian Testing, still very up to date

and of course, simple as fuck to install

It's Arch + useless bloatware added on top.

>It comes with no bloatware or useless packages installed
wrong

Would you mind to explain then?

If ls and nano are too much bloat for you, feel free to use LFS.

It's not the lightest and not the best system ever, but it doesn't make any particular assumptions about which DE you'll use or how you want to use your system, because it's all autists and such.

>Lubuntu is for old computers
its not

because you can easily build on it

it's a meme on Jow Forums
the world doesn't care about Jow Forums

>with bleeding edge packages
now that's a meme

it doesn't break on every update

>>Lubuntu is for old computers
>its not

Attached: 1517429337730.png (645x729, 105K)

Can agree with this. I was hesitant to go with an arch install because im a noob and though manjaro would be better but i just keep having to change the shit they added in to do the things I want so Im just going to roll with a fresh arch install when i get back from vacation.

>break on every update
>break
The only anything has broken on me was when I fucked up, not pacman.

Just rtfm get a vm and figure it out for yourselves jesus christ its not that hard we don't need a fucking thread everyday

Is there a noob linux guide or course? I mean something that is like
>Here take this distro and do these things
>Not just tell you what to do or give you arcane commands or scripts but actually explain what is going on
>Talks to you like a noob and doesnt rely on assumed knowledge.
I know I can just read the manual but I dont think that is enough really because of
- jargon and assumed knowledge
- not knowing what to look for
If there are any aspiring youtubers out there this would be a good area to try to corner.

bump

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide

join #manjaro next time they release an update and just wait

>is there any advantage to learning how to install Arch for daily use?
not really. the installation is a meme. all you learn is: how to partition your drive, how to generate an fstab and how to run pacstrap
this is literally a normal distro installer without the gui + the added "fun" of having to deal with fstab.
i run arch on my homeserver because I didn't want bloat and it's nice to have the newest packages for all the media shit. but if you think that "arch is hard" you're a fucking normie npc

this.
shitstainD also

Agreed. I use it now but I am sorry I tried it. I'll have to export all my shit again.

>netinst debian
>upgrade to sid
>wider platform support
>all your binaries w/o having to fuck with the AUR
>sane defaults
what is even the point of Arch? The only really good thing they have is the wiki.

>the user can customize it to his/her liking
Just like any other distro under the sun. Even Ubuntu has a netinstall if i'm not mistaken. Literally the only reason to use Arch is the large bleeding edge software repos will save you time you'd otherwise spend compiling. If you're fine running the stable versions of software then don't even waste your time with arch, just use a stable apt or rpm based distro.

SPRUDO BAGMAN :DDD

Attached: ARG_LINUGS_DDDDDDDDDDDDD.png (512x512, 51K)