Why are desks on the market so poorly designed for desktops?

Why are desks on the market so poorly designed for desktops?
>80% are too small for dual screen
>retarded drawers using space where there could be a mount for the PC unit
>cramped leg space anyway
>no thought for cable management
admittedly, there are some desks with adjustable heights, and that's kinda cool, but forgetting the obvious.
pic related, cancer.

Attached: 0416651_PE573951_S5.jpg (2000x2000, 567K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00HRYBYRU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mt3UBbDH6SPM7
bushbusinessfurniture.com/ProductFamily/tabid/894/pf/429/ProductSKU/WC12936EK/Finish/MochaCherry/SeriesCElite.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

6'+ countertop + ikea legs and/or drawers

also fuck particleboard in particular

user, get this desk from Ikea
It's basically just a massive board with legs, but you can use drawers or cabinets like I have on the end here.
For reference, those are each 24 inch monitors

Attached: 20180306_203055.jpg (3264x1836, 575K)

>unit above the desk, drawers blocking the space under
see, that's the bullshit I don't want.

As points out. You need to modify a table instead of trying to use a laptop desk.
>tfw too tall and legs don't fit under most ikea desks unless I cross them

Attached: 249.png (294x295, 163K)

Some are better designed but they cost more. The one you posted is a cheap entry model.

you can replace the drawers with two more legs since you can buy those on their own from ikea

Because normal people don't have desktops, and if they do it's only an iMac. Only autistic gaymers have desktops these days.

such as?

You can also buy a cabinet to put the desktop in
Read posts before you reply to them ffs

I use a old dining table. Its 2m x 1.6m, its ok for dual monitor + desktop but i also have hs8 speakers so it sucks a little. Thinking of getting a fully custom top to run across the entirety of my wall

>Watch Kijiji for a few weeks
>Scope a massive desk for 20$

Ah, I see you're looking for a facebook desk. Let me help you out.

Attached: 2415457823.jpg (200x200, 5K)

A lot of people actually need much more desk real estate than what average desks offer though.

Yeah but you forget the 80/20 rule. This means that 80% of the people are retarded, it's scientifically proven.

Just get a height adjustable frame and mount a tabletop of your choice.

Attached: IMG_20180829_035412.jpg (3648x2736, 584K)

A lot of people don't need a 16-hour per day battle station class setup. They only need some cheap place to put their laptop to check the mail and watch some funny videos for an hour in the evening after they come home from work.

Attached: 15345176193464061059066020108849.png (800x532, 637K)

You should not look at IKEA for a desk, they don't offer a lot of length for a 3 monitor setup (which is a bit too much imo, but it's good to have some neat space on ur desk.

IKEA desks that support a lot of space like SKARSTA and BEKANT just don't have enough space either and usually cost around 300EU - 500EU.

I used to have a 3x 26 inch setup before and you gotta go for other brands that support this. If you really research, you can find a nice lengthy desk with some depth. Also, if you don't have the depth, but you have the length, get some nice and big storage racks to put behind the desk against the wall. This combination can get you cheap modification, because you can place the monitors on racks, hang em in the middle or whatever you want. The racks are moddable, so you can have it as high as you want.

You also get some nice storage place in your room, and it looks cozy and industrial.

Also search some used storage racks for that cheapass price. You can put your PC / servers / printers, what ever you want on that thing and below. I have one of the smallest rooms in the world and I never run out of space, because I have like 6 of these in my room.

Attached: crossmaxx-crossmaxx-storage-rack-model-4.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

Yeah but there are also a lot of people who work from home or have hobbies that take up a lot of physical space (typically having something to do with artistic output like music or design) and need much bigger desks for that sort of task.
If you wanted to set up even a minor bedroom studio, a tiny lil laptop desk isn't really going to cut it. You need room for midi controllers, at least one external monitor, loudspeaker monitors, audio interfaces, the computer itself, etc. It's not always about having a thousand external monitors for gaming.

I often find that IKEA has anemic offerings in terms of desks that are sort of pre-designed for a specific purpose, but people often forget that you can design your own makeshift desk out of singular parts. Like if you take two Alex drawers and put a Karlby countertop you're going to have a shitload of space and it'll be pretty structurally sound as well.

never thought of using racks, interesting idea though.
pic?

Attached: 3529823469015.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

>using an Ikea countertop as a desk
>supported only by 4 legs in each corner
There's a reason why they don't design desks like this. In a kitchen, the countertop will be sitting directly on cabinets. Ikea has longer desks but there's at least a leg supporting it in the middle.

You can sagproof certain countertops. And if they're made of solid wood without filler, they should fare just fine structurally.

>not building your own
>not buying a 200 by 80 board made of pine and getting that sweet wood look
>not buying a 90€ steel ikea frame + legs
>not prepping the board yourself for Jow Forums and /diy/ approved gains

Stop consuming onions.

Attached: images.jpg (226x223, 5K)

>pie
why the fuck aren't you using oak like a man would

cause I got it for 60 euros

I got a giant executives desk when a small company went out of business. Still looks and works great years later and cost me not a cent.

looks depressing

Get like 2.5 meters of thick wooden counter top, mount it to a wall or add legs and you'll have a sturdy, simple desk/workbench. I think you'll be able to find stuff like that at ikea, home depot or any other similar store.

This. Also, kitchen counter tops are cheaper than desk countertops from ikea...

And they aren't filled with cardboard.

Attached: IMG_20180820_192715.jpg (4032x3024, 2.79M)

I'm certainly considering DIY, but only if there isn't any satisfying solution already out there. DIY is not worth the time designing, building and issues that will occur down the road since I suck at this.
It's a last resort for unfilled autism.

the sagging, christ. when making something that long, you need to support it in the midde, some frame or something.

fuck off varg, I'll eat as many onions as I want

Holy fucking shit your room looks like some gypsy den from the outskirts of Sofia, bulgaria.
you are a filthy rat.

Sagging looks bad, but that's mostly due to the lens geometry - it is a bit bent but not even enough to break friction and start a marble rolling.

Just buy a standard office desk of your favourite side equipped with a mount for a pc and cable management accessories/holes. They are solid (they have a metal frame below the top), professional looking and cheap. Don't go to ikea or other generic furniture stores, go to an office furniture supplier store

I'm using a dining room table I inherited from my grandma as a temporary desk till I find anything better, it's been 7 years now and. I have found a desk that's not retarded.

Put everything on the floor.

That room looks so soulless.

its stock image retard

desk in greentext

Attached: 2018wip.png (1440x2560, 2.78M)

>not welding the frame yourself
wow you sure arent tough guy haha

Eh? I have that desk and it fits my PC.

Attached: new-blinds.jpg (6000x4000, 2.68M)

How to tell when someone has never had a woman over to their place.

Attached: ,7-V-245227-3.jpg (468x351, 25K)

Beats this garbage.

Attached: 17859_1.jpg (300x300, 10K)

How to tell when someone is a NPC

Freeway cola is my go-to drink too

This looks perfect, I have an adjustable desk at work and that tabletop is beautiful.

What are the dimensions of the table top?

OP hits close to home, considering just making my own. Anything that approached my needs was thousands of sheckles. I had a workbench I used as a desk and it was amazing but my new office is down a hallway that is just not navigable with that bench.

Who da eff doesn't mount their monitors in this day and age?? Clears up a million desk spaces

I’ve had this particleboard shitter for 2 years now, just werks and is dirt cheap, fit two monitors on it when I needed it

amazon.com/dp/B00HRYBYRU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mt3UBbDH6SPM7

Attached: 4L_nJzd2wfn.jpg (4032x3024, 2M)

Pro tip, get two cheap mainstays desks, build them mirrored and put them together.
Giant desk

Proper workstations are still niche products and too expensive for most people.

Attached: cruise-chair-03.jpg (1500x1500, 347K)

>Just live in a supply closet
No thanks, Milton.

Radiologists get some next level workstations.

Attached: 81680-4177109.jpg (500x500, 60K)

And here's a somewhat more normal design.

Attached: stb272gv_a-1500x1000.jpg (999x1000, 63K)

because everyone buys from chinese suppliers to cut down costs. you think china knows what you want? you need to go to ikea or go to actual office suppliers where desks cost 1000+.

so this is where they store IT at your shop

what does the cat see

lol that PC case is the old Antec SLK1650

Attached: antec SLK1650.jpg (225x225, 5K)

As long as your okay with IKEA particle board, the Malm desk is very good. It has a gutter for cabling, and is a simple minimalist design. Cheap too.

Attached: IKEA MALM.jpg (1080x1097, 99K)

I have an Ikea table that is like 70x150cm iirc but it's too short for me to fit my chair under it, well, part of the holders that I lide to do. I used to have some game boy games under it to raise it up a little and be able to fit under thetable, but now that I have my bed over the desk, I'm limited in height so I needed to lower the desk again. I want a slim table and I also need to raise up my bed.
kind pic related what I want to fit under the table, if I recline it fits tho
There was a page that sold custom legs for desktop/office tables so I guess I will get a real wood table and these and design my own table

Attached: file.png (800x431, 503K)

Why in the everloving fuck would someone struggle with the compromises of using the portable computer in their own home? At least get a monitor and keyboard for that laptop and possibly a dock.

Is this the peak set-up?

Attached: lain2.jpg (759x480, 69K)

was hoping for some serious "gamer tactical desks" in this thread. they do make them zowie even has one.

alas they are too stupid even to meme.

Where can I get a good desk that isnt particle board crap like ?

I know exactly what you mean.
Just buy a plate to your liking and add cheap Ikea stands. Don't buy pre-made.

Attached: attack3.jpg (1000x1000, 57K)

>tfw used office desk
>tfw more space than i'll ever need

You can get heavy duty restaurant grade fiber board table tops for $100, look around on easy and maybe ebay. They're virtually the same as the kind of fiberboard you find on business office desks, pretty dense, hard stuff that's probably heavier and tougher than real wood.

Personally I use a 72" vertdesk at home. It's very nice and I'm glad I got it because standing after a meal really made a difference in my digestion. I have IBS and I feel a lot more comfortable standing than sitting after eating.

I envy you so much right now.

gosh i hate these fucking things, what were they thinking?

>amazon.com/dp/B00HRYBYRU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mt3UBbDH6SPM7
Your shitty meme lights, steam controller, bullshit fucking clock, horrible taste in smartphones, xbox one destiny box, and bullshit logitech g pro mouse ALL make me ashamed to own the same monitor as you.

It's time to stop buying children's furniture.

bushbusinessfurniture.com/ProductFamily/tabid/894/pf/429/ProductSKU/WC12936EK/Finish/MochaCherry/SeriesCElite.aspx

Attached: canvas.png (725x650, 484K)

I had one of these abominations in the late 90s/early 2000s

You're complaining about ikea furniture being filled with cardboard, but the hexagon honeycomb structure they use makes it very strong, and IKEA stuff takes a lot of weight before it starts to sag, unlike your desk.

havent bought a joystick in about 2 decades
any good ones now?

>bushbusinessfurniture.com/ProductFamily/tabid/894/pf/429/ProductSKU/WC12936EK/Finish/MochaCherry/SeriesCElite.aspx
>$289 for something this fucking small

>supported only by 16 legs

>72"W x 30"D
>small
user, I...

It's time to ditch the desk.

Attached: 1508652999519.webm (500x281, 2.77M)

the usual recommendations is Thrustmaster T16000.
Unusual recommendations are CH Fighterstick. (looks industrial but that's the point. CH also makes industrial joysticks) or VKB Gladiator MK.2 (low volume manufacturer. not always available)

Can't vouch for any of them. Last stick I bought was 10 years ago.

There are also $300+ enthusiast joysticks with metal gimballs, adjustible springs, replaceable camtracks and whatnot, but that's a different topic.

Why have all that when you can have everything in an occulus rift style headset?

>"l-look mummy! I said it! I called someone NPC"
How to tell when someone is an idiot that can't use the correct word.

Nicely done

I bought my table at walmart in 2008. Seems that most "cheap" desks(ikea, walmart, etc....) now a days forgo having a spot for a tower and keyboard tray. They're all "minimalist" now, with the expectation you're just gonna plug in a laptop. I blame normies...

The cat jusy realized there's jews in his house

Your first item of concern is attracting a random slag for a hookup, you are literally an NPC

That's why i made my own desk in sketchup, printed it on paper in every direction abd took to the local woodworking firm in my 3rd world shithole. Coste me a whopping $110(about quarter of my monthly income), but it fits 2 monitors on the desk+3rd one mounted to the side, fits define s just fine with enough space for any full tower eatx case if i want it, 2.1 sound, all-in-one printer and useful drawer and enough space for my legs.