If it is so bad why is every major distro actually using it?

If it is so bad why is every major distro actually using it?

Attached: SYSTEMD-e1434229775958.gif (1968x639, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/5755
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C*
smarden.org/runit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They got memed into it by Red Hat.

Because Linux is for cucks.

It doesn't suck, you just have a shitty computer

Computers stopped being shitty 20 years ago.

If it is so bad why is every major country actually bending over for it?

Attached: green ussr symbol.png (272x256, 4K)

>appealing to popularity
Sometimes being a contrarian faggot is actually a good thing, you dumb piece of shit.

it boots fast

>why is every major distro actually using it
"When you find your thoughts and opinions to correlate with the masses, you must now reflect on your deeper values and soul"

Attached: DTOM.png (1279x727, 36K)

Fuck off RedHat

>ussr

it's bretty good. but doesn't work that well together with xorg and desktop environments, I hope that improves soon.

It's the lazy coder grills version of an init system that worked perfectly welll before its existence. Thank goodness there is a way to install openrc on every other distro. Still, systemd is hot garbage, it just bogs down everything, sucks in every task that uses it, and makes that task slower. The epidimy of anti-unix philosophy, it's a program that does a million jobs, and none of them well.

it's vastly superior to traditional init in every way

digids of drud :-DDD

Attached: fugg.jpg (700x585, 100K)

Everyone does what RedHat does because they're the only ones doing the work.

i don't know this kind of C
does this follow C#?

More C++

I'm so glad that systemd took over the functions of ntp and dns!

its C

stop saying my Z80 is shit, faggot

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong it aside from the logo

Because fucking red hat

*started

NSA forced them to

I hate that its tentacles reach everywhere. Want to configure your DNS resolver? Can't use /etc/resolv.conf anymore. NTP? systemd does that too.
Even worse, its config files are ini style which makes me think Poettering is a Microsoft agent.

Attached: gibberish.png (1280x720, 1018K)

>>Want to configure your DNS resolver? Can't use /etc/resolv.conf anymore. NTP?
> doesn't know how to actually configure systemd
> assumes it cannot be done

> doesn't know how to actually configure systemd
I never said that. I said I don't like how it's taking over parts of the system completely unrelated to init.

Attached: 1329331748082.png (406x452, 30K)

>Can't use /etc/resolv.conf anymore.
um yeah you did. You 100% can use /etc/resolve.conf using systemd. It's ok you don't know how to configure systemd, it really is. But don't lie and say you do

The idea is good, but I don't trust Poettering.

Shit like this is making systemd bad. Really bad.

# lsb_release -d
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
# head -1 /etc/resolv.conf
# This file is managed by man:systemd-resolved(8). Do not edit.

"The DNS servers contacted are determined from the global settings in /etc/systemd/resolved.conf, the per-link static settings in /etc/systemd/network/*.network files, the per-link dynamic settings received over DHCP and any DNS server information made available by other system services. See resolved.conf(5) and systemd.network(5) for details about systemd's own configuration files for DNS servers. To improve compatibility, /etc/resolv.conf is read in order to discover configured system DNS servers, but only if it is not a symlink to /run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf or /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf (see below)."

Yes resolv.conf still works as a matter of compatibility, but systemd has still taken over the process and recommends using its own config files. Don't worry friend, you'll understand it all one day.

Attached: 1515712639812.png (817x891, 32K)

laziness

again, you don't know how to configure systemd. and it is ok.. but please stop lying

$ head -1 /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by NetworkManager

\G\ BTFO!

Not him but your argument is full of shit, if systemd was supposed to be easy there are way too many complaints with weird bugs and errors. Admit it, systemd is retarded.

my argument is he doesn't know how to configure it, not that it isn't shit.

it's a great option against Judaism, but of course a kike like you would be repulsed by it.

Reinventing the wheel.
They also reinvent the wheel with Gnome 3 and reinvent the wheel with wayland and reinvent the wheel with NSA encryption codecs nobody actually needs.

If it works, these fucking open source infidels will try to rewrite it, instead of stacking shit on top of it and actually creating something worth using.

Let's reinvent desktop icons!
Let's reinvent DNS servers!
Let's reinvent fallback mechanisms!
Let's reinvent community driven development, what I say is fact!

Let's even reinvent the way of arguing. If there's a legit criticism, we'll just claim corpos need that, ask redhat if you don't believe me! Or better yet: You're insulting and reinventing the ugly ducklings feelings!

Excuse the xkcuckd but when we're talking about distro's as respectable as Debian putting support behind this and you just give the 'and what if they jumped off a bridge?' argument this is pretty relevant.

Attached: file.png (740x238, 75K)

Because it's backed by all the alphabets. Everything needs a backdoor

> nothing wrong
> 2 million lines of unaudited code
> Linux is so much better than closed source because I know what's in it
Yeah no you have no clue

If i’m so bad why do companies and schools let me be their default browser and not allow people to install alternatives.

Attached: F1AA323E-5E39-44D8-A382-891D4D6A7C56.png (1043x1024, 50K)

Because no one else wanted to deal with initialization, and lots of documentation

Someone literally came up to Linux and said here, Linux is ass at handling things, here is a daemon for the whole damn thing instead of your dumb scripts

And all the distros implemented it and looked the other other way at every bug and still do, because no one wants to deal with initialization, it's fucking Linux, WHO even wants to enter that hellscape?

Give it 5 years, and some madman will probably be so frustrated with systemd they'll make something else a bit more modular

> green USSR symbol
wat

>The epidimy of anti-unix philosophy
UNIX philosophy is useful only if you want to be a suckless idiot.

you have no argument. you clearly have no reading comprehension or knowledge either.

wat.. he said you cannot use /etc/resolve.conf anymore as systemd took over it. Which if you configure it properly you can go back to how you were doing it. I know because I am doing it so I can use dnsmasq so that my dns queries don't go over my corporate vpn

$ pacman -Q systemd
systemd 239.2-1
$ head -1 /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by NetworkManager

>Because no one else wanted to deal with initialization
i still don't want to deal with systemd initialization, prefer to lauch my programs at user space rather than having to relearn a new meme

BSD shills.
>Start systemd thread.
>23 baseless claims
>BSD doesn't have this problems.
You seriously haven't noticed the pattern?
It's every fucking day, ffs.
BSD is worthless garbage, btw.

Leave Wayland out of this.

yes, you can, and systemd tries to fight you every step of the way
>install systemd
>suddenly your dns doesn't work anymore
>surprise, we've overridden your dns settings because fuck you we're everywhere
>oh you want to keep using the dns settings you've had for years
>are you sure?
>we have awesome hidden config files you can totally configure
>why don't you want to use me, don't you like me?
>no you can't get around me
>ok, maybe you can, read this 25k char doc on how to do it
>still sure?
>alright, I'll let you configure your system the way you want
>btw if a single dns request fails with the nameservers you provided we'll switch to google's dns forever, lol

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/5755

ok? That doesn't go against me saying I never said systemd is not shit.

They want the d

politics and marketing

Since I use runit, I will answer from there:
systemd is slower and far more complex. runit also doesn't cover what it doesn't need to, unlike systemd with all of its eggs in one basket. runit is also very considerate of the "everything is a file" philosophy, so configuration and forceful editing is a breeze by comparison.

So why is systemd so common? It does everything for you, making the user experience easier and taking a load off for the devs. I get it, and I can appreciate it, but I'd rather have more work with stability than ease of use with risk

That's not his point, he's saying while systemd CAN be configured, it's a massive pain in the ass to do so, when there's no real reason an init should be handling DNS in the first place. Kinda seems like you're trying your best not to understand that.

it's spelled shitstainD, faggot

I *DO* understand that. The person I started this conversation with said it *CAN'T* do it.

No, they did not. And I'm not even involved in this discussion.

see >Can't use /etc/resolv.conf anymore.

That doesn't work, user. resolv.conf will be overwritten.

but it won't if you fucking configure systemd correctly.. as I have pointed out many times. Fuck and y'all are on MY reading comprehension.

I think systemd sucks.

Attached: 1536214194107.jpg (960x947, 86K)

I think systemd sucks also. But I also believe that if you don't back your hate up with actual facts instead of FUD people will ignore you.

Point taken. I like how systemd tries to better things, but hardcoding an advertising company into everything will never be a viable solution to anybody. It's just farming meta-data under US american legislation, nothing more.

Until the default fallbacks for ntp and DNS are getting changed to something neutral, I'll hate systemd with the force of a thousand suns and treat it like the plague.

Attached: 1534326719931.png (1066x621, 87K)

That's also easily configurable, see /etc/systemd/resolved.conf (it's also the same file you disable systemd-resolve)

# This file is part of systemd.
#
# systemd is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# Entries in this file show the compile time defaults.
# You can change settings by editing this file.
# Defaults can be restored by simply deleting this file.
#
# See resolved.conf(5) for details

[Resolve]
#DNS=
#FallbackDNS=8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 2001:4860:4860::8888 2001:4860:4860::8844
#Domains=
#LLMNR=yes
#MulticastDNS=yes
#DNSSEC=no
#DNSOverTLS=no
#Cache=yes
DNSStubListener=no

>Defaults can be restored by simply deleting this file.
That sentence is the problem.

I might look into disabling systemd-resolve. Do you happen to know what happens when you do that and it fails? Would it fallback to systemd-resolve and make everything moot again?

I actually havn't had it fail, I disabled it, and network manager took over. If you don't use network manager then I don't think DNS would work until you put a resolv.conf in place.

Appreciating your response.

However I find having to jump all these hoops and still not being certain that it actually does as intended incredibly stupid and unnecessary and I still hate systemd.

If Windows is so bad why is every company and home user using it?
If JavaScript is so bad why does anyone program actual software in it?
If nuclear power plants are so bad why are some countries still building them?

corruption. idiocy. greed.

It's still using the settings you tell it...

If you remove 8.8.8.8 from resolv.conf.conf and restart service, it probably won't connect ever to 8.8.8.8...

resolv.conf.conf is it now.

Isn't that a directory? ;^)

I use systemd-boot to replace bloated GRUB and systemd-networkd to replace bloated networkmanager. both get started with a single command and config files are 5 lines or less and I never have to touch them again

>BSD is worthless garbage, btw.

actually nope, FreeBSD makes all linux users insecure, BSD is probable the best UNIX implementation so far, linux is a toy compared with

if windows is so bad, why so many people use it?

and why doenst gentoo use systemd? or void? or devuan?

because it does not agree with the linux philosophy

Because people who know shit aren't influenced by FUD campaigns.

>windows is so bad, why so many people use it?

peoples are lazy and stupid in same time

I already fell for the BSD meme.
Fuck you, it's garbage. You find shit that doesn't work faster than you can figure out how to fix it.
Waste
of
time.

lol dude, you are even aggressive, besides stupid as fuck

Because it's simple to provide a unit file for a service, and easier to maintain than complicated bash scripts.

ironically, simple scripts are better that all systemd crap

If Javascript is so bad why every web dev is using it?

If HDMI is so bad why every device has it?

If Apple is so bad why everyone buys their shit?

He is an unwitting NSA employee. systemd will probably disappear now that the kernel has been compromised.

its pretty old
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C*

You know, I have already given the answer (and asked one very similar question) in

>FreeBSD
>*receives hugs*
>BITCH DON'T YOU COME AND INVADE MY PERSONAL SPACE

cringe

Is BSD invader zim?

If eating suger and candies is so bad, why is everyone doing it?

>>If nuclear power plants are so bad why are some countries still building them?
you had me until here, retard
anti-nuclear campaigns are primarily funded by oil and coal, and if you're actually trying to make power and not the stuff you need for nuclear weapons nuclear power is safe as fuck

The solution already exists: smarden.org/runit/

>anti-nuclear campaigns are primarily funded by oil and coal
no

even if: pro Win and anti Linux campaigns are funded by MS lobbyists. who cares if the point is true?

>nuclear power is safe as fuck
no, you are just trolling.

>no
"yes"
try looking it up some time.
also maybe try looking up any of the science behind nuclear anything including more modern reactor designs
>no, you are just trolling.
No, you are a just retard.

>fukushima did not happen
>nothing happened in the ukraine
>these are actual arguments in favour of Windows
who is the retard? guess me for answering to a troll.

Recently wrote a unit file. Was much simpler than a daemon or setting up supervisord.

Cannot understnad the hate. Systemd makes some things much simpler - nothing wrong wit dat.

my slackware's /etc/resolv.conf outputs that too

Chernobyl
Three Mile Island