Is MIUI a good OS?

Is forgoing an audio jack, expandable storage, 25%+ battery, and 30€ worth it for having stock android?

I am between buying the Redmi Note 5 and the Mi A2.
Some specs:

Redmi Note 5 costs 180€ and it has:
4000 battery
636 Snapdragon
Audio Jack
SD card slot
MIUI

MiA2 costs 210€ and it has:
3000 battery
660 Snapdragon
No audio jack
No SD card slot
Android One
(and a better frontal camera, but I don't give a fuck about that)

Attached: 1532429104_635_xiaomi_mi_a2.jpg (635x476, 40K)

MIUI is good but is bloated with pre-installed apps.
I use the redmi note 5 plus and it's fucking great.

While it doesn't have an SD card slot it does come with an option for up to 128gb of memory built in. I think I would go with the Mi A2 because it's newer and I think it would see updates for longer.

Miui has ads built in the OS

>MIUI
>OS

so Touchwiz is an OS now, congratulations you're a retarded nigger

MIUI is good chink botnet if you remove Jewgle first

the eu version is less bloated

Poo

Install pajeet rom and you are golden.

It's significantly better than stock android, yes. For example, you can very easily share WiFi passwords using a barcode.
That said, the OS shouldn't be a priority when picking a device. Seeing how Note 5 has more features (mSD slot, audio jack) I'd pick it. Even if it didn't have MIUI there are unofficial MIUI ports to a ton of different devices.

Bought a Redmi 5 Plus on sale for 126€
Those are terrible prices dude
Also just unlock the kernel and install a proper Android on it , also it overclocks really good.

>It's significantly better than stock android
>OS shouldn't be a priority when picking

Attached: ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png (413x549, 71K)

Do you plan on replacing the ROM, have you done it before? Get the Redmi.
No? Get the A2.

no, MIUI is crap that you should replace with a custom rom asap

Stop sending pictures of yourself, retard.

>Those are terrible prices dude
Welcome to Greece.
Shit wages, north european prices.

Chinkshit spyware.

Never tweaked a phone before.
How does it work? Does MIUI get deleted completely, or does it stay there only deactivated wasting space? Can I install the official Android One?
Will I be getting updates as good and as frequent as with Android One if I install an OS like Lineage? Will I be needing to constantly tweak stuff manually?

>Does MIUI get deleted completely, or does it stay there only deactivated wasting space?
gets deleted
>Can I install the official Android One?
only on Android One phones
>Will I be getting updates as good and as frequent as with Android One if I install an OS like Lineage?
updates are weekly (for officially devices) and good most of the times
>Will I be needing to constantly tweak stuff manually?
no

I see. Thanks!

I'm from Greece and i got the phone 150€
(shipping and taxes included)
Also, i got the note 5 plus which is better.

>Also, i got the note 5 plus which is better.
The 5 Plus has:
a Snapdragon 625 which isn't as good as the 636
single main camera instead of double
5 MP selfie camera instead of 20

and I doubt you got it for less than 160

Xiaomi are pretty much unusable without a custom ROM.

It's almost entirely open source. Their kernel source codes are published with every update (because they have to be). You can always re-build MIUI without proprietary apps.

Dual camera is a shitty meme. You don't need it, especially on low end since all dual cameras on low end are trash. They should just save the money for something else instead of adding a useless camera.

MIUI is a custom ROM :^). Besides, it's the best android ROM out there unless you count LineageOS+manually installing apps to make it usable.

MIUI fucking sucks even with the EU rom I'm getting fucking ads and notifications in the xiaomi browser even though I have that fucking thing disabled.

Mi camera is dogshit and I had to hobble together some modded google camera apk to get a semi decent shot out of my phone.

Still stuck on dogshit android 7.1.1 MIUI9.

They also refuse to fix the low volume through the headphone jack to speakers problem and I had to resort to installing some hacked together russian app to increase the volume. I've sent feedback a ton of times but Xiaomi decided to not fix the problem and remove the headphone jack from the newer Mi models altogether.

Xiaomi is the fucking Apple of chinkland.

>Mi Max 2 owner.

MIUI is something you can often replace.

The other way around is more complicated. If you buy a phone with stock Android chances are you're not going to be able to find a semi-stable ROM with MIUI.

Is it good? It does have a fuckton of features. It does also lack some that might be a bit of a deal for you. They keep adding and removing shit. Official ROMs are also absolutely full of ads, it's kinda disgusting to be honest. But you can always fix that one. It has neat shit that it tries to copy from apple, specially the UI. The default launcher on MIUI is a bit lacking in options and behaves the same (no app drawer). Themes on it... are not frankly that good. There's plenty, but some are broken and many are just shitty or incomplete. One thing I found though, changing something like system fonts is awful easy.

So you could grab the Redmi Note 5, unlock it and put a better ROM on it with MIUI without compatibility issues and without ads. Or you could get the Mi A2 and just enjoy what you've probably always enjoyed.

unless you are a freetard/autistic, miui is perfect for a everyday use, really comfy
flash miui.eu if you live in europe. still my main rom after 5 years

Use a normal browser then. But you're right, camera is not the best and it has some issues. Even on EU you can't expand notifications on the lockscreen which, to me it seems absurd, given even basic, barebones, featureless stock ROMs on phones like the Moto G series got that.

Believe me when I say though that the EU experience on Mi Max 2 is much better than on Mi Max 3. I'd rather have 7.1.1 if it's not going to fuck up the way that Oreo does on that shit.

Do you even lineageOS faggot?

MiUI is unironically better than stock android

MIUI is great but I hate that they have this "kill background app" thing to save battery. You can tweak it though. Other than this, it's a great OS.

I use chrome, I have the mi browser disabled, but occasionally in the notification tray there will be an ad from "Browser" which I assume to be the mi browser.

Also when you disable screen rotation it still rotates when you're in a game or some other full screen app on the Note 5 which is fucking ridiculous because a slight jolt will turn the screen upside down. On MIUI10 on the Note 5 they changed the show all open apps screen and there isn't a way that I can find to change it back to what it used to be like.