You don't need a smartphone

you don't need a smartphone.

Attached: 1538977378725.png (735x720, 375K)

But I want one.

This is all you need to deal with retards who use phones to communicate such as:
>bosses
>dumb dipshits who cant communicate using facebook or discord

Attached: prc_62254078.jpg (1200x630, 66K)

R/phonesarebad

>flip phones are the same price as ultra budget smart phones

Why not, unless botnet autism?

Yes I know, but it is literally e-crack and I'm a fucking degenerate so I keep buying. RN4 is was my last pocket botnet, it was comfy af with poo in loo spezialle ROM, I'm on unbotneted LG K20 rn

Attached: mskeyboard.jpg (515x282, 23K)

The only real reason i have one is because my job at the moment is so fucking boring it is killing me so i need something that allows me to shitpost while hiding.

It's either that or get really high at work.

Yes I do.

Sent from my iPhone.

I have 2 phones next to me, so google is twice as efficient at recording me.

I do. Otherwise I wouldn't get messages forwarded to my computer.

Smartphones and mobile phones are stuff I refuse to get. Knew they were evil from the minute they were becoming more popular and I just never bothered or needed to get one.

You're absolutely right

Try telling that to social media obsessed normalfags.

>get rid of smartphone
>now need a dumbphone, a camera, a camescope, a laptop, a flashlight, 5 dictionaries, a full encyclopedia collection, a suitcase full of documents, 3 remote controls, a bag full of maps, a television, a watch, to carry around loyalty cards and tickets, an agenda, a notebook
No thanks. You don't need a smartphone if you're a neet yeah.

I had this thought recently, what if there was a smartwatch that was also a phone that looked just like a regular clock.
>slideable keypad panel
>easy programmable buttons for everything you need
>hold arm up to your head
bad or good idea?
would be nice having one less free floating device with me

you dont need pictures of anime girls

I literally just want a feature phone with 4G (or even 3G) that I can use to share as an AP for my laptop.
Is there anything like that? Or even a modern non-botnet 3G / 4G phone?

anime website you dumb phoneposter

nice bait
my laptop carries around all those needs and I'll trust my d7100 to take pictures over any phone any day
if we're talking weight here a smartphone will win any day but it's a subpar device
exactly, but they bring happiness, does your smartphone bring you happiness?

yes

Seconding this question, I'm also looking for something on the lines of that
I've hit a point where using smartphones genuinely piss me off

Attached: 1528811659004.jpg (988x783, 134K)

impressive, but I'm happy for you
being content with the small all in one devices must be great

AS a phone or an all in one computer?
As a phone yes I would agree.
As a aLLin1 pc, difficult for example reading e-books,notes,internet everywhere for light browsing,photos etc

There's some kyocera phone that does this...

True, but since having one makes a lot of stuff more convenient, at least for me, I prefer having it. I could very well live without it though.

You dont need a computer if you have a smartphone. Only snowflakes and old men would go without a smartphone.

Attached: 0216.jpg (400x363, 14K)

is there any smartphones worth buying? all im looking for is basic functionality for work, 4g just in case i need to use hotspot, microsd for music and long battery life

Attached: 1537755912746.jpg (900x1200, 204K)

(you)

>T. 400lbs neetcel sitting infront of gayming pc 24/7

>T. 500lbs neetcel sitting infront of gayming phone 24/7

agreed.
smartphones are much more convenient, but that's it they're nothing more and not very good devices.

>>>/spg/
Keep in mind that nowadays there is zero reason to spend over ~200$ on a new phone, but based on your post you could go for even less. The difference between the so-called low-midrange and high end is almost insignificant now.

SIX FUCKING TIMES "You mistyped the captcha, or the captcha malfunctioned". Fuck this shit.

(You)

Attached: ASUS-ROG-gaming-smartphone.jpg (1024x641, 53K)

Thanks for the (You) but what's so special about gaymen phones?
Do they just throttle less?

Yes. And it also looks retarded so that you can get bullied at school or work

Maybe u should get a better phone

not him but like what?
A phone is a phone, it does calls and receives calls, don't see how paying more will give you a better experience.

If you use a phone for phone calls then no shit. This board is full of the dumbest bunch of cunts I swear. If you spend 2 hours a day travelling and you want to watch movies, take photos, send emails, put shit in your calandar and use it as a personal device then it's good to invest in it.

Is that hard to comprehend or are you justifying having no money? Maybe a bit of both?

I mean sure, go ahead and answer my question because I'm not seeing it.
all I'm seeing are $200 devices being able to do the same as $1000 devices.

I've had this phone for 2 years if average daily use is 2 hours, that 1460 hours or 60 days straight spent using it. Do you have a shit matress? You probably do. You spend 1/3 your life on it and you cheap out to save a few hundred bucks because you're a cheap cunt

Probably why you are
>tfwnogf

I'm not dictating your shitty life I'm just explaining why people spend what they do on things they use to a dumb ass cunt that is amazed people spend more when cheaper shit it available

You probably line up in your shit car like a faggot for 20 minutes on cheap fuel day to save $2

i fail to see how spending more improves calendar and email functionalities

modern smartphones are the epitome of needless consumerism, and i refuse to be a part of it.

Attached: 1534025616198.jpg (288x288, 21K)

And I'm asking a very simple question.
Don't get me wrong I totally get why people rush out to buy the latest iphone and high spec android for the latest features and cameras but in the end it comes down to usability.
is a 1000$ phone going to outperform a $200 in functionality? no it doesn't.
>inb4 camera
get a real camera with proper glass instead of plastic garbage
I'll also assume that you tried to direct these posts to me

>You spend 1/3 your life on a phone
Speak for yourself

Attached: 1445668494585.png (236x234, 4K)

>inb4 camera
>inb4 anything else that adds value to a phone resulting in its RRP exceeding $200

wow you are so fucking ignorant if you were popular or had any friends or ever got laid I would be fooled into thinking youre donald trump or some shit

poor cunt detected. Hey I'm gonna get the i9 as soon as its for sale, do you want my broken i7 8700k?

>Speak for yourself

>I've had this phone for 2 years
>I've
>I is me

You lot must have shit computers, shit glasses and shit fucking everything if you cant read

The Nokia 8110 remake is gonna be 4g.

sure I'll take it, the question is just HOW broken it is

And the 1/3 was about a mattress you drop kick if you finished reading before trying to be a part of something you wouldnt look like such a fucking useless prick

only 1 memory channel works but you can probably only afford 1 stick anyway so I figured it might suit you

>you spend 1/3rd of your life on your mattress
>you spend 1/3rd of you life on your phone

Wut

I need smartphone for Uber and google maps because i have shit sense of direction

FUCK, send it to me anyways I'm still on my 2600k, I can probably hang it on my wall or something until I get a new mobo.
also what's up with the captchas messing up so badly?

I don't actually need any of the luxuries presently afforded to me, true. Anything else?

and 3/3 on your mom

its a mini pc. if smartphones were banned, you would just carry laptops everywhere

Yes I do faggot.

Attached: 1536370174188.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

The moment when your phone is faster and stronger than your laptop
FUCK OFF

indeed

Attached: 0003350648_2.jpg (700x700, 34K)

No it isn't, try emulating x86

You don't need a phone, period. Dumbphones are probably less secure than feature phones.
A mini PC that triangulates your location 24/7 just on the baseband/carrier side. Than in software on the GPS/network identification side, e.g. by Google where you can't even opt out, and every other app that requests this.
And people don't even use it as a computer, they use it as a media consumption device. Tapping your phone screen doesn't contribute technology. Defense for a phone isn't defending technology, it's defending pure consumerism.

It's like comparing old 5400rpm hard disk to ssd here
Also
My phone don't need time to BOOT UP but my laptop need 5 minute to warm up because of that hdd
Also I have bottlenecks everywhere in laptop while my phone doesn't have this problem
My Phone can decode 10 bit content even 4k shit
While my laptop can't do shit and even play run 480p on madvr because 1.7 ghz cpu shit while I only use 4 cores for any shit I need here on mx player
Moreover vulkan so broken on my amd card WHILE my phone running vulkan without crashes or bugs
And morever a laptop under heavy usage can't stand 6 hours WHILE I'm actually burning my phone through day and still hold it through the day
So fuck off

I know, I choose to own one because it's convenient.

ARM != x86 if you're just comparing clock speeds.