FOR ALL NEW VISITORS DON'T USE LINUX

Seriously it's not useable as a daily driver, stay on Windows 10 as bad as it sometimes is.. it is 100% better than Linux or try Linux but when you come back you will see all of it was just a LARP phase.

Most proprietary software that s worth something isnt available on Linux sure you could run windows in VM or use WINE but in the end you are still trying to mimic Windows so whats the point of going from the real thing to a copy cat full of holes ?

You dont trust Microsoft but you trust Canonical or RedHat maybe you are so sick you will actually trust the chinks (Deepin)

Lets say you find you distro how long before the CoC impacts the software side and your user experience goes to shit, what if they gain even more control in Linux ?

Muh its open source so I trust it...do you know how to code do you thin your average joe will go thru it..!? most people dont even read the user agreement, 99% use Google and Facebook

The reason code is proprietary so chinks cant steal it or who ever the competition is + people get paid to do the work in Linux its mostly donations or they get paid by the same big evils like Microsoft or Google

Attached: images.jpg (225x224, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CoralineAda/lftm
youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-CoC-Changes-Inbound
youtu.be/6nGskPedj6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off

not an argument

$0.0001 has been deposited into your account. Keep it up!

kill yourself

Linux distros are a great way to use older/weaker hardware.

enjoy windows 10 using 1.6gb of ram on idle, i guess? wintards and their bloat make me sick

install windows 7

someone already took the CoC logic

Attached: dd.png (299x168, 109K)

true its for poor people

What does 100% better mean?

I like KDE

Your """arguments""" are either wrong or misleading. Go away

Nah it's for people that know what they're fucking doing when they use a computer and literally any person or company that needs to take advantage of clusters. The average consumer will have a piss-poor time on any distro other than Ubuntu and its offshoots.

as in Windows will never have screen tear, not supported printers and other peripheral devices

!! Linux developers have a tendency to a) suppress news of security holes b) not notify the public when the said holes have been fixed c) miscategorize arbitrary code execution bugs as "possible denial of service"

Here's a full quote by Torvalds himself: "So I personally consider security bugs to be just "normal bugs". I don't cover them up, but I also don't have any reason what-so-ever to think it's a good idea to track them and announce them as something special."

>muh Linux I am safe

Its a goode DE

Linux has much, much better support for older devices and hardware than Windows does. Case and point I have an old CFE midi keyboard that will not run on anything newer than XP because the developer will not write new drivers for it. Works perfectly fine on Linux because the audio drivers for it almost universally support audio hardware.

>The average consumer will have a piss-poor time on any distro other than Ubuntu and its offshoots.

if Ubuntu ever gets big it will become Windows 2.0 minus 20 years of binary compatibility that Windows has + all the mainstream software

>diversified botnet monkey talking about coc

Attached: microcuck.jpg (620x413, 151K)

that was generalization on my part but yours is an individual case I still believe in general
Windows is better there

however I did had problems with my HP printer on Linux again individual case but still

look at the pic mostly men and token diversity yep they larp beause they big company and they have too

Linux on the other hand will give its big positions to non coders and sjw give it 2 years max

It's just not, a lot of applications and hardware developed during the 98/2000/XP era will not run on 7+ because they changed core libs required for them to run and didn't implement a decent backwards compatibility system for them, instead just dropping support completely.

>diversified
>a few token non-whites in the crowd
I giggled.

Is this an urgent open letter from Microsoft?

Heh, it feels kinda like this Intel's site warning people to not use Ryzen.

This post is advertising or begging

arguments don't matter. it's an axiom that you're an idiot, now go kill youself

>didn't implement a decent backwards compatibility system for them, instead just dropping support completely.
You do know it will happen again in later years right? It is like the faggots who complain about not being able to use 486 DOS games on win 10. Just buy a fucking 486. Legacy free is going to happen.

no but from a man that tried both Windows and Linux

>not supported printers and other peripheral devices
lol

Microsoft SEETHING LMAO

Attached: 1538824591095.jpg (1234x892, 179K)

Literally all they had to do was keep the libs which are at most a few mb in size and then have their laughable "compatibility mode" point to them. Legacy free will never be a thing for Linux because of its design philosophy.

I can't believe Microsoft posts on Jow Forums.
This is amazing. In fact, a new low. I know microsoft is the most anti-competetive company ever to exist but this is plain cringe worthy.

No actual user would EVER use words like this.

Attached: 8jg6pw6vfbo11.png (1599x633, 345K)

>in denial because he cant get it in his head 99% people like windows more

99% people don't use windows because they like it, it's because they don't know of any other OS. I've never seen anyone, in real life or online actually "likes" windows. Not within friends or family, not in professional settings, no where.
What amazes me is why you Microsoft employees get so damn nervous to see a bunch of anons in Jow Forums using Linux and thus have to issue a PSA like this. What a shame.

works on my machine

Greasy *merican hands typed this post

Works on my machine and only windows I use is LTSC because of no "Feature" updates, only security.

>This shitty bait again

Based and red-pilled.

Attached: timesink os.png (1660x1940, 265K)

using it as my daily driver at home and work for 6 years now

fake news

Attached: 1533254652669.png (234x240, 53K)

it is if you're a brainlet

If Linux is good enough for Microsoft it's good enough for me. What do you think MS runs their infrastructure on?

Why is every shill so butthurt about Arch?

>don't care about free software or the "philosophy"
Based and repdilled!

This is your brain on FOSS:

github.com/CoralineAda/lftm

Attached: QUEEN CODER.png (1226x989, 176K)

Linux is good enough to surf web and occasionally write a doc or two. Watch some movie or listen some music (linux audio players suck so hard though for more obscure formats). Thats what most people use their home PCs anyway.

KYS

>He installed Ubuntu.
>Figured out he couldn't play '''''''''muh gaymes''''''''''.
>Spends he time warning other retard gaymers.

Attached: 1536729008391.png (604x692, 323K)

It is pretty usable actually ur just a fag

has no .exe install

how can Linux compete

youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg

Appimage
flatpak, snaps

lies

I wonder who could be behind this post.

kek

CoC repels.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-CoC-Changes-Inbound

SEETHING

Why the fuck I need use .exe to install spyware/pajeetware , when I could safely download Apps from Software centers and repos.

How can MS even compete...

P.S You can make executable installers for your software in linux , but Devs rarely bother to that, since better alternative exist.

>Software centers
trusting them lol

Oh, goy, you shall not rely on those GPG signed repos and free software, You must use this pajeetware.exe with builtin skynet feature for your needs.

Literally kill yourself, wintard.

There's only one thing I absolutely need that isn't on Linux. It's Photoshop, and I got it to work using Play On Linux.

again trusting repos…

not trusting the web page of the software.....wow blender,skype,adobe...yeah it must be fake

is that your logic retard ?

Kys OP

>Problems with hp printers on Linux when hplip exists
Confirmed for brainlet.

At this point just get an iPad or iPad Pro.

Both windows and linux are complete clusterfucks due to CoC and Pajeet

>hplip
wow shitlinux at its best
user needs to know obscure names to solve the problem

meanwhile Windows 10 which just works detected all the drivers for you :D

Attached: P.png (229x220, 94K)

hplip is HP's Linux Imaging and Printing package, and comes installed on almost every Linux distribution. It's the official Linux drivers straight from HP. That means if it doesn't 'just werk', then you're using some distro like Arch or gentoo and DIDN'T install the printer drivers while installing the OS which is your own fault for not going "oh, those are the hp printer drivers? I have an hp printer. I should install them." Any other distro the shit just works and it's generally user error when it doesn't. The best part about this is that I'm not even a Linux user and I fucking know that. So as I said before >confirmed for brainlet

stopped reading at
>useable

now kith

Repo is where package managers pull the programs from , it functions literally same as you going to the website and manually downloading installer to install/update program. It just does that thing for you... does automatically. And yes they are signed with key so they are safe.

Free Software makers such as blender (since you mentioned) or VLC, or Inkscape , Krita, use repos and packages to distribute their apps in Linux world , while offering .exes to windows users. The package managers aren't thing windosers can understand.

I highly doubt, you will get any of these. Seems, I just like to wast my time.

I use linux as a daily driver as well as everyone in my friend group.

free software changed the world by letting people be the change they want to see. if you want to be a drone then by all means use windows. if you want to make the world better, use an open alternative and improve upon what people have been making since the mid 80s.

lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

Attached: Windows-10-GodMode.png (600x315, 557K)

use bsd

Saved!

Attached: file.png (1020x372, 209K)

Linux is a kernel used in operating systems.

Windows is vulnerable to virus and ransomware.
Linux is the most safe.
Also setting a Python or Perl environment and maybe C / C++ in Linux is easier.
For graphical stuff Mac OS is the best, Windows is second.
Windows is only the best for gaming.
In cell phones, Windows is not even considered by the average user. People mostly debate between Android and IOS.

Windows = Virus, malware and ransomware

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1538928139742.png (2500x2025, 1.27M)

>On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with

Which distribution do you used to make that statement?

>On windows though, you feel like a god

Windows 7 was cool, but I feel like shit using windows 8 and 10. Windows 10 is an utter piece of liquid feces, the worst system I have ever used in my life, even MacOS with their stupid shit is better.

>Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface

It's slow even using nice hardward with an SSD, it's not that functional, updates fuck your system in the worst moments ever, it freezes in the most basic shit like open a menu tab. Since I wiped out Windows from my computer and put Debian I never had more problems, my system runs smooth and stable as fuck.

>When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os.

You MUST be fucking joking, which ground breaking genius are you talking about?

>but you still search google for codes to write in terminal

I used Mint and Ubuntu in the past, never had to write a SINGLE line of code to solve a problem, everything was out of the box.

>Linux is free because its not worth a penny

The most retarded argument ever. Tell that to Nasa, Google, Amazon, IBM, Oracle, and Microoft itself Microsoft offers virtual machines with Linux and also it offers virtual containers with Docker.

Attached: win-error4.gif (320x240, 1.59M)

Nice microshaft shill thread

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

>>>r.eddit

This, the only option is Windows or Plan 9.

If one makes the presumption that the modern IT is all about the internet, then you have to ask yourself
'Does Linux even have a choice in this matter ?'

A modern computing system is not one that is run from the command line - it is a system that is tied in with the internet Cloud. Just have a look at Windows 10 with Cortana and OneDrive for an example of this done right.

You need the outlook to connect in with the mass of email flowing around us every day. And then there is document collaboration - the sharing of Wordfiles and Excels between users across state boundries ! Voice over IP, cloud enabled 'Surface' computing, and voice command interfaces - all tied together with .NET and the OneDrive.

The driving force behind this internet is the Microsoft Sharepoint Server - a central peice of systems software which connects all these end points together, in a synergistic kaleidoscope that achieves both balance and symmetry.

The smart Vendors know that in order to get ahead in the future IT, that means integrating with the Cloud.

Linux has nothing on the Cloud.

Attached: fact1.jpg (736x382, 75K)

Did you make this with the traps program? Wait, is this the trap???

Attached: Ferris_-_Anime.png (430x506, 353K)

Attached: 1538970871892.jpg (1080x1355, 570K)

Not him, I appreciate that GNU/Linux is more traditional desktop oriented, if I want cloud I would use Google's android.

On that note, OneDrive is not nearly as popular as Google drive or dropbox.
>VoIP
Wtf that's completely irrelevant to this topic
>Cloud computing
Again, cloud computing actually doesn't require that you use windows because the only thing that matters is your web browser.
>.NET
What the fuck has .NET have to do with this?

Are you purposefully putting together buzzwords to make you sound "professional", shill? This isn't working.

Microsoft is getting increasingly nervous aren't they

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-09 Windows 10.png (2268x2108, 479K)

How much are Microsoft telemarketers paid to do this shitposting? Can't be much.

dude how is it even possible to type that much and not to type a single argument?

>someone actually wrote this

youtu.be/6nGskPedj6s

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

>Most proprietary software that s worth something isnt available on Linux
yeah you can get the better FOSS version
>WINE, going from the real thing to a copy cat full of holes
WINE + SELinux is approximately one bajillion quintillion infinity +1 times safer than even windows in s mode

Attached: 72c.jpg (500x375, 15K)

>Wtf
it's probably pasta from some marketing humbug, just like that Godmode one

based chink

Some GNU/Linux distributions just work better for my use case. I'm sure I could do the same work elsewhere with more steps involved. That's all there is to it. If they get replaced by a better system I might switch, but I don't see that happening in the next 20 years.

To be honest vomit shitposts won't make anyone change opinions on Windows or Linux, they'll remain in their respective OS's doing their shit no matter what.

Attached: nope.jpg (521x380, 101K)

redpilled