Why aren't you using a blue light filter, Jow Forums?

Why aren't you using a blue light filter, Jow Forums?

Attached: file.png (1013x823, 655K)

Too poor

I have an app that does that

lucky that i'm using laptops and not smartphones

Because I've already mitigated it by calibrating my displays.

I've been using one on every single device I own since 2012, even use it during the day at work.

IMO it hasn't helped my sleeping pattern in any way whatsoever. But what I did notice was that my eyes were no longer bloodshot when I went to sleep, and haven't been bloodshot in years. So that's a good sign at least.

>implying
I use use redshift/f.lux on all my devices.

joke's on you, I use Yostuba A

This article reads like a paid advertisement

cringe

sunlight is ludicrously brighter at all wavelengths than any artificial source. if you want to protect your eyes, wear sunglasses when outside on a sunny day. screens are nothing compared to even indirect sunlight.

Attached: Range-of-ambient-light.png (569x590, 40K)

>flux
Enjoy your botnet.

I am using one. I have it on my phone 24/7 and on my laptop to correspond with sunrise/sunset.

I only need to turn it off to reassure myself that it's a good thing.

WHat should I use instead?

Both Android and iOS have built in solutions, as do windows and macOS. I'm sure an open source solution exists for Linux.

Have flux cranked up on my pc 100% all day. Nothing for smartphone tho

How is calibration "cringe"? Is that your self-defense response against something you wish you could do but you can't?

Because having your displays calibrated is something objectively good. Why wouldn't you?

And you have to post that you feel cringe for someone who has succuesfully achived that goal. I can't believe it.
Pity.

Why are you using a screen capable of replicating blue colors, OP?
Are you funding companies that want people blind?

Redshift

>Jow Forums is retarded enough to believe this

And you wonder why /sci/ mocks you

Because it is like all "blue light will make you blind" articles.

Protip: blue light + lack of vitamin E in the eyes due to old age -> macular degeneration. If you're not over 50, you have nothing to worry about.

So there is a reson why theese boards are blue...

I've just set my monitor to 5000K and reduced brightness, I use dark theme, am I safe?

Better not going out to see daylight, sky is blue.

>just turns screen piss yellow
am i missing something here?

Selective Yellow master race.

Attached: 10393812_10152737143444626_2069369054140198780_n.jpg (960x719, 171K)

Spotted the NPC.

Attached: 1536600998391.png (246x205, 7K)

I use my phone up to 40 minutes a day so I believe I'm not being affected.

I like cold color tint. Fuck warm colors.

>doesn't know how to read studies and come to a conclusion with critical thinking

literally a NPC

I already see through a blue light filter, I think.

Attached: suce.jpg (1224x1632, 229K)

I use solarized light

kek

Explain

Mine reflected purple as well and also have a blue light filter.
I assume then that the purple reflection is the blue light being reflected?
The difference is really subtle, I don't even realise it's filtering anything unless I do a direct comparison. I wonder if it's just a meme.

Attached: IMG_20181008_1836334.jpg (4056x2704, 3.17M)

w10 has nightlight which is build in and does the same

They're polarised.

>Buy expensive monitor
>Buy blue light filter
>Apply blue light filter so you can destroy the color fidelity of your expensive monitor

Did some googling and apparently it's due to the anti-reflective coating, not blue light filter and not polarisation

Thats literally to stop light reflecting from them and you looking like a speccy dork in front of a camera

they were initially designed for people who were regularly on TV

It's a meme to sell glasses to people who don't need them. I see lot of people everyday asking for this shit. It started like 3 or 4 years ago, first it was some retards who wanted to jew their health insurance but now every god damn fuck and their mom want some. Great it mean more more for me. Also all lenses makers are spamming me to attend their meme convention about how the sun light is a great danger for your retina. Keep falling for their jewish tricks, you dumb fuck, I need a new car !

Attached: 1537948957085.jpg (680x366, 40K)

Not the other user but one of the problems I had was they literally force you to update and install all these useless and annoying features and popup and wouldn't let you hit cancel either even though it is an option. Even going through the setting doesn't do shit. There was something else that really pissed me off but I forgot and ditched that program like the plague.

I do use f.lux

>(((studies)))

Oh yeah! Blurry short wave light straining your eyes' focus and draining your rhodopsin is such a good idea.

Attached: kbr.jpg (550x550, 52K)

I've never seen all the things you mentioned ever since I installed it. Though I'm using the linux version, not windows.

>Expects people to know most journalists exaggerate scientific studies because the original conclusion in a small statistcal difference from a control
Nerd

because there is blue light from everything
>sunlight
>fluorescent and LED lightbulbs
>all LCD and LED screens
no way of getting away from it

>be human
>evolve for millions of years under a sun emitting giganigga levels of light in all spectrums
>lel guise this tiny amount of blue light from your phone will make you blind

So, I should use my glasses when using the computer? I only wear mine when I'm out of the house

just set your smartphone gamma to more yellow tone/natural tone and its good

Why the fuck would someone make this a transparent png

This honestly, if its so important, monitors and screens should automatically be set to dim that shit at certain times of the day.

your just bad at computers, you install it once and forget it, it auto turns off in movie/game fullscreen and you can disable yourself, other than that it never prompted me for anything...

Cancer

>poisonous molecules in eyes
So if i could transfer these molecules to my mouth would that mean i would be able to spit poison?

Attached: 1516714643996.jpg (832x690, 64K)

>Poisonout molecules in eyes

Not sure how that fuck that would work if it wasnt clearly bs

Seething.

I have glasses for that

Tip: If the glasses don't make stuff look a yellow tone, they aren't filtering blue light. They may be filtering UV, which is useful if you go outside, but your smartphone does not emit UV.

Then they will either pass all the light from an LCD or block all of it, depending on angle. Again, useless here but good for reducing glare when driving. Also polarized glasses look gray because they block roughly half of unpolarized light.

I think a bigger issue is retarded normies who are too stupid to realize they need glasses straining and squinting 24/7.

kek

> evolve
yikes...

I never understood this. sure it might be more healthier for the eyes but it just makes everything piss yellow like the warm setting on a televison