- 95W TDP
- 488$
Meanwhile i7 9800X:
- 8/16 core
- 3.4GHz / 4.5GHz
- 165W TDP
- 589$
wat le fug?

Attached: 15390102203111070482747.jpg (2560x1280, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.cloudflare.com/arm-takes-wing/
amazon.com/dp/B074CBJHCT/?tag=pcpapi-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 9800X will be a hot mess

Basin Falls X will be slower than the mainstream desktop i9s and i7s

You're paying for the new infrastructure and better intel optane!!!!
/sarcasm.

Attached: 1514997764910.jpg (700x700, 58K)

Higher tdp, lower clock, higher price. Probably the 9900k will be a hot mess too.

To add.

I don't follow exact intel detqils but I assume it has more pci lanes and higher ram support.

It doesn't warrant how intel is as a business though. Forcing you to upgrade motherboard everytime. I don't get it.

>488$
More like $600.

Also to add.

Looks like they used some sort of special liquid metal they're naming " solder TIM".

So you're telling me they're doing what they used to do then quit doing and now doing it again and using it as a fucking selling point???,??,?
????????????????

What the fuck

68 PCIe lanes though.

they said 488 :^)

yes, doing something you used to do in the past is noteworthy

Yeah, I was wrong

Far better platform with more PCIe lanes, quad channel memory and AVX-512 support. They're still garbage housefires though, beyond extremely specific workloads.

Probably ringbus

>- 95W TDP
no fucking way

Intel is a shitshow, their fabs are pretty much finished. Gotta squeeze moar coars and moar niggahurtz.

Attached: Ryzen-Threadripper-2000-2nd-Gen-CPUs.jpg (922x519, 205K)

You're not just paying for cores and clockspeeds, you're paying for platform, expand-ability and features.

If you don't know the platform differences, you probably don't need the platform features and should just go with the 9900K.

It was basically a staple in the processor process for years. They quit doing it everyone saw awful temps because of it. And now they're doing it again and saying it's a new cool thing.

They're doing what apple does rofl

But to utilize all that you certainly have the bank to go for the 9980XE

Anything 8+ cores from Intel gets crushed by Threadripper.

It's funny because Apple doesn't restore the features they once removed.

The sad thing is about that is they could of offered more core count options for years but decided to stagnant the industry.

Hahaha they just call their new features innovative and the first to do it!

>platform has an higher price itself
>it's ok if the cpu costs way more even if way worse
nice shilling

>16 threads
>$600 (six hundred US dollars)
LMFAO, am I still in 2018 or has someone built a functional time machine that can take us back to 2015?

They STILL have no response to Threadripper. Their HEDT is a joke. AMD dominates the high end.

Attached: DELID.png (2518x1024, 468K)

They knew ringbus scales like fucking shit.

High end consumer? Yes I agree.

What do you mean ringbus

You do realize that a lot of the features are built into the CPU these days which do make them larger and more complex to manufacture right?

Same could be said for the Threadripper 1900X and R7 2700x

Yeah but intel is still stuck on their 14nm process which they've basically milked for a long time now.

In Canada and Australia, Europe is also fucked

>x86
>still relevant in ten years from now

Attached: laughing-meme-wallpaper-21-555308bb00749.jpg (1920x1440, 156K)

>they could of
>could of
kek

INTLEL PROCESSORS ARE STILL UNPATCHED

OH NONONONO AHAHAHAAHHHAHHAHAA

Attached: 1539012742538.png (2176x104, 572K)

>beliveing things intel says

THAT FUCKING DAMAGE CONTROL HOLY SHIT AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAH

this is being prophesied non-stop since the 90s
what makes you think it will come to pass this time around?

>up to 68 PCIe lanes
What's the catch? Why "up to"? I would guess it's because of chipset and other stuff using some lanes, but considering it's Intlel I wouldn't be surprised if they release a "PCIe lane dongle" like they did with RAID, or maybe cheaper mobos that can't use them all.

It won't, he's a retard. Obviously ARM is here to stay, but it has a completely different market from x86. It's made for low power devices and will stay that way. Everyone is still going to be using proper computer desktops, like we are now. No one wants to work on shitty tablets or mobile phones.

pretty much this

Attached: 1519134953148.jpg (425x404, 18K)

>It's made for low power devices and will stay that way
why?

Because it can't scale to larger applications just like that, and if it does, it'll take years, and by then, desktop applications will just require more and more resources. Just because it's running at the same frequencies as your desktop or laptop CPU, doesn't mean it can take the same workloads.

Gayyyyymeeerrrssss aaa

Attached: 1537394779764.jpg (267x297, 18K)

They probably reserve some for their intel optane and m.2/nvme.

If you notice ryzen like the 2600 it says 16 lanes +4 for m.2.

Intel just doesn't want to make it clear.

>I was just pretending to be dumb

Well he did use the ":^)"

> /sarcasm
Go back to raddit faggot you won't be awarded gold here.

still thermal paste?

Which is just 16nm finfet

>:^)
>lol he was pretending to be dumb
newfag

cringe

9900K is $713 in Sweden rofl roflorlforloflro

Attached: 1537811568256.gif (307x325, 3.95M)

IT'S NOT FAIR BROS MUH COARZ

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

eheheheheheheh

this

blog.cloudflare.com/arm-takes-wing/

>165W TDP in 2018

Attached: capitalism.png (482x600, 162K)

yikes

UP TO 200W! WHAT ARE YOU? POOR?

> No product can be absolutely secure.

That damage control.

But isn't that false advertising, considering you're trying to mislead the consumer with benchmarks of a broken product?

Attached: laughing duck.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

the biggest computer website in Sweden (Sweclockers) fell for Intel's pricing shenaigans. They are saying that the price for 9900K will be 488 bucks (488bucks is if you order 1000 processors).

This does not bode well when even the tech press are moronic idiots who can't even notice the USD 1K text........

Of course it's grossly misleading but the bigger deal is that the latest Intel CPUs still need to be patched to fix hardware bugs which should have been fixed but aren't.

>but the bigger deal is that the latest Intel CPUs still need to be patched to fix hardware bugs which should have been fixed but aren't.

I don't think they can fix their shit in the current architecture, even if they wanted to. Shit is FUBAR.

Coming from someone who has used Intel in all of his computers, including the current one.
I really hope they crash hard. Only way for something actually good to come out will be if they feel in the shitter

Apple is actually surpassing intel, intel is trying to be like apple but they shit the bed pretty badly

And just like Apple, the fanboys will keep buying their things regardless

You're not fooling anyone AMD shill.

Post your nose.

Basin Falls will be slower than threadripper

>PCIe lane dongle

Attached: 1508684365890.jpg (399x385, 29K)

INTEL YES

Attached: 1488231499088.png (802x533, 38K)

Yeah, the 32-core one

Highly doubt the 18-core ones will be slower

>no AVX
welp that settles that

>falling for the AVX meme

I appreciate how Intel clearly gives no fucks about pricing even when faced with competition.

One thing brainlets will never understand is that they'll never slash their prices or undercut themselves like AMD.

9800X has 44 PCIe lanes and AVX-512, of course it will cost more

Simply a matter of die size, Skylake-X on 14++ process is bigger die than Coffee Lake Refresh, Intel isn't gonna sell it at a loss

Would your shitty angry birds processor even be at the bottom of this?

Attached: 5839d45d_07095459182l.jpg (752x752, 214K)

>entropy

>be intel
>introduce the i9 mainstream CPU
>raise the price of the i5 and i7 ow that the i9 is the top teir mainstream CPU

Three hundred and sixty nine pounds for an i5 processor in the year two thousand and eighteen.

Fuck jewtel,I hope AMD finally gets single core performance right so Intel can fuck right off.

who care? cloudflare tested the cpu for theirs specific needs where the conclusion is that ARM is now a legit alternative.

"Both C and LuaJIT performance is very competitive, and in many cases outperforms the Skylake contender. In almost every benchmark Falkor shows itself as a worthy upgrade from Broadwell.

The largest win by far for Falkor is the low power consumption. Although it has a TDP of 120W, during my tests it never went above 89W (for the go benchmark). In comparison Skylake and Broadwell both went over 160W, while the TDP of the two CPUs is 170W."

at the end of the day it's all about if you can do X with Y for less cost than with Z.

>/s

literally everyone, performance and performance/watt is very important

i was referring to avx512. who cares that ARM doesn't have avx512 if it still does perform well for the given problem?

Because AVX improves on already existing x86 ISA performance and performance per watt.

>AVX improves

still not enough according to

>INTEL BOTNET CACHE

Attached: 1535820820047.jpg (250x250, 18K)

>living in Sweden

Get a grip on your life dude.

>no AVX benchmark
>babbles on about some SJW language
k

did you even read the article, tard?

"ChaCha20-Poly1305 is a more generic algorithm, designed in such a way as to better utilize wide SIMD units. The Qualcomm CPU only has the 128-bit wide NEON SIMD, while Broadwell has 256-bit wide AVX2, and Skylake has 512-bit wide AVX-512. This explains the huge lead Skylake has over both in single core performance. In the all-cores benchmark the Skylake lead lessens, because it has to lower the clock speed when executing AVX-512 workloads. When executing AVX-512 on all cores, the base frequency goes down to just 1.4GHz---keep that in mind if you are mixing AVX-512 and other code."

"Another interesting thing to note is that on Skylake, the Go Chacha20-Poly1305 code, that uses AVX2 performs almost identically to the OpenSSL AVX512 code, this is again due to AVX2 running at higher clock speeds."

"In this test again, Falkor lags behind, and loses even to Broadwell. Profiling shows significant time is spent in the function runtime.memmove. Guess what? It has a highly optimized assembly code for amd64, that uses AVX2, but only very simple ARM assembly, that copies 8 bytes at a time. By changing three lines in that code, and using the LDP/STP instructions (load pair/store pair) to copy 16 bytes at a time, I improved the performance of memmove by 30%, which resulted in 20% faster EscapeString and UnescapeString performance. And that is just scratching the surface."

it s called the refugees tax. pay up sven

>3.6Ghz
Now that's embarrassing

Too close to home ;_;

Better than yout shithole.

>how about dem threadrippers, goldberg, what's our response
>MOAR NIGGAHURTZ

His story is the same as mine. I trusted Intel, foolishly, for almost 20 years as my cpu of choice. Fuck them though, AMD has earned another chance.

amazon.com/dp/B074CBJHCT/?tag=pcpapi-20

>1920X $500
>12 cores and 24 threads for lightning-fast creative workloads.
>64 PCIe Gen3 lanes to meet large GPU and NVMe needs.
>38MB of combined cache for rapid access to large data sets.
>Quad channel DDR4 with support for ECC for reliable throughput.

Bravo Intel.

>Three hundred and sixty nine pounds for an i5 processor in the year two thousand and eighteen.
I have the impression Intel hasn't actually raised prices, they just aren't able to deliver. That 50% price-jump we've seen all over Europe the last month is probably more of a result of shortages and middle-men/retailers raising prices.

But yeah, it really is pretty crazy how much a Intel CPU costs compared to comparable AMD products right now. It's almost twice the price for the same performance.

It's a fucking dumpster fire. 14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We know the reason too. They don't want their latest CPU to lose in benchmark to their old unpatched 8700K.

Dont forget to price-in the cost of a cooler that isn't useless.

Attached: ictc011.jpg (800x600, 93K)