Moving beyond Firefox

Any alternative to Firefox Quantum? Preferably not Chromium or Chrome. Pic related.

blog.mozilla.org/inclusion/2018/10/02/words-matter-moving-beyond-meritocracy/

Attached: mozilla-is-moving-meritocracy.png (340x705, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2018/09/21/mozilla-wants-to-estimate-firefoxs-telemetry-off-population/
eff.org/node/77511
youtube.com/watch?v=1B9xxXOTUy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Surf

curl

lynx

qute

IE 11 :^)

jesus christ what the fuck.You just know that some white californian wrote that article. Icecat is GNU’s deniggered firefox, use that.

This article explains why "meritocracy" isn't a '""""good"""" word because somehow meritocracies promote """"hidden bias""""" and """"discrimination."""" How?? They've never explained how a meritocracy is somehow discriminatory. It is inherently unbiased and entirely based on the competency of one's work, literally no other factor matters. It's the most equal and inclusive thing we got. Unless, of course, they're advocating the incompetent to be valued as much as the most competent, which would absolutely make no sense and would only stifle productivity. I WANT to understand what they mean by this because they sure as hell are really vague about their justifications for abolishing the meritocracy.

How long until icecat move to quantum?

Soon™. Theres talk on the mailing list.

The pure meritocracy of FOSS is the only system I have seen that addresses the ills that both communism and capitalism seek to eradicate while simultaneously eradicating the ills both of those systems cause. The meritocracy is an advancement in human social organization.

wget

I’ve seen this shit elsewhere. Apparently you only get the work ethic and intelligence needed to become competent at something by being a privileged white male. It’s blaming their own retardation and laziness on someone else, and it’s insulting to everyone who isn’t “privileged” by their standards but still put the work in.

I don't know what any of this means in practice. Maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Fuck this, time to jump ship.
Chromium-ungoogled vs IceCat vs qute, or should one or more of these not be considered for some reason?

I know mozilla has been doing that stupid shit for some time now and I want to switch browsers. But I'd lose all my bookmarks, history etc.

Yeah just don't let them find about Miguel Icaza, it hurts their head. A Mexican without a degree succeeding in a meritocracy. Oh the horrors of oppression.

If you want just privacy then sure use your little fork
But if you need both security and privacy then you'll want to be up to date all the time asap
Mozilla are the one rolling out security updates to firefox first
Just remember how they rolled out a patch right the next day after meltdown and spectre came out
And regarding privacy did you forget fitefox is open source?
Sure you'll need to click some options, but only the FIRST TIME you run it after installing
>disable statistics sharing from the options
That should be enough, but if you're paranoid you can also
>about:config
>disable all telemetry
>disable all experiments
There, you just made your own little waterfox, but with instant security updates, now stop being a mindless cuck and stop posting that gay shit
You're not supporting them if they get nothing out of you

All that can be imported to other browsers you mongoloid.

I'm supporting them if I use their product.
Oh yeah didn't remember, "mongoloid".

will they include incels?

Ungoogled Chromium.

You can export/import bookmarks in about 10 seconds you troglodyte.

How exactly do they get anything from you using it after properly settup?

So this is the power of opensores?

Waterfox or Icecat

Waterfox has better addons

Stop using shitty Mozilla software

>I'm supporting them if I use their product.
How so, if they don't actually get anything from you?

>Stop using shitty Mozilla software
>Use slightly edited Mozilla software instead

If you cant backup history or bookmarks, then you shouldnt be here.

They get your data, good goy.
ghacks.net/2018/09/21/mozilla-wants-to-estimate-firefoxs-telemetry-off-population/

Add ons are bloat at this point
Everything you might need is on extensions and monkey scripts

which browser should I use now?

user addressed that >disable all telemetry
Is there evidence in the code that telemetry is sent even when that function is turned off?

No, your only choices are chromium-based and firefox-based.

Shut up racist. Reported for violating the CoC, say goodbye to your job and your career.

QUTE!

I don't argue with you at all, but your solution is short term
This usually (always, really) leads to lack of talent at some point, since noone of merit wants to be equated with the equivalent of a code nigger. So security updates will also start getting sloppy at some point
Is there a long term solution or will chrome just win over the market?
ie Which is more viable, brave, Vivaldi, opera, qutebrowser, some chromium fork/chromium itself?

>Shapiro

Every
Fucking
Time

The biggest issue is
>Larissa Shapiro, Head of Global Diversity & Inclusion at Mozilla
>there is a global diversity and inclusion department at a non-profit open source project
It's dead

>Meritocracy is bad because it rewards those who worked to earn its riches such as whites and East Asians (who we will conveniently ignore)
>it rewards them not for the road they walked before there was any white or asian man setting a standard for the path, but for the results they created which we are envious of and want a piece of while ignoring the road from the mudhuts and the sacrifices these collectives made during the first half of earning their place in meritocracy, because we are lazy worthless trash who want results without sacrifices
No wonder Firefox went down the drain.

Diversity is our strength! It's an investment, obviously.

brave is the best alternative to all the major browsers thats actually viable

>it's dead
Only thing that's dead is your perception of the world if you think this shit isn't just gonna get funded by corporate interests. Face it they're not gonna run out of money.

>“Meritocracy” was widely adopted as a best practice among open source projects in the founding days of the movement
Yes.
>it appeared to speak to collaboration amongst peers and across organizational boundaries.
Linux was created from scratch and so was Firefox, so there is no "appeared" or skepticism about the results which required the collaboration among technically skilled peers and across organizational boundaries.
>20 years later, we understand that this concept was practiced in a world characterized by both hidden bias and outright abuse.
Which resulted in the creation and advancement of a product.
We also know that we wouldn't have the civilization today without a history filled with hidden bias and outright abuse resulting in steps and shortcuts for the advancement of society on all fronts by setting the standards for the opposing forces.
The problem here is that the standard of the woman writing this anti-meritocracy thesis showcases an inability to create a software out of scratch like the "flawed" meritocracy did. The mouth doesn't lead to result.
Herein lies the problem. The people who are supposed to replace the system first have to provide evidence that they have what it takes to replace it by showcasing equal or even greater capability at creating the technology that the old system created from scratch. They however don't showcase this evidence, therefore their words and theories are empty, and their motivations in tackling existing businesses instead of carving out their own are suspect at the very least.

Attached: 1354021960500.gif (350x174, 1.77M)

Until chrome gets a user monopoly, that's not gonna be far from now
Then it's dead

From the save url.

Attached: hmmm.jpg (705x403, 87K)

Same url*

kek

based

aj kvit

google is SJW too, they just don't show it to you

google "google diversity talk tech video"

>moving beyond meritocracy

Attached: raw.gif (448x252, 1.82M)

Well, that's disappointing. Still no decent browser option in 2018.

mozilla is actually doing pretty well though, with rust, servo and firefox quantum all getting a great reception. it's sad that they choose to blow money on this shit instead of working to make their projects better.

I had no idea what meritocracy meant, just read wikipedia and meritocracy seems like the fucking perfect system to me?

You get what you deserve? What the fuck is wrong with that? Are they out of their damn minds there?

TOR? Give me 50 reasons why not. inb4 /x/tards say its a CIA honeypot. Wrong.

Their basic mantra for years has been that merit and ability are distributed equally among all humans, regardless of race or sex, and now that they're slowly starting to realize that that's not the case at all, the logical conclusion is that merit has to go, because it stands in the way of equality.

They're going about it the wrong way round. Kicking out all the intelligent motivated people in favour of lazy shitters, when we should really be trying to turn the lazy shitters into competent people then letting them compete on their own merit.

Reminder that Indians are the richest ethnic group in USA but that doesn't fit Jow Forums's weeaboo/koreaboo wet dream so they live it out while focusing on H1 retards that come over to get exploited by Jews.

It's a CIA/FBI/NSA Honeypot

well, there's the thing. if mozilla actually starts applying this "moving beyond meritocracy" stuff their browser will just continue to get more irrelevant every day.

chromium is the now the defacto web standard and google owns a ton of most used websites (gmail, docs, youtube, cloud engine, maps, play, news, etc) it can easily ensure better integration and performance for chrome with those. this already happened when google rolled out their polymer library on youtube which relied on features only available in chromium. this destroyed firefox and IE performance on youtube and a lot of people jumped to chrome. mozilla publicly threw a fit about it but had to suck it up and support the APIs in the end.

for tiny alternatives like firefox, the only option is to either compete with chrome or die. if they compromise the quality of their own stuff, it will just perish.

I'm sure they understand this very well, and all of this crap is just corporate PR hogwash to satisfy the progressive crowd. if it isn't, then they will very soon be in between a rock and hard place.

>le *stops using software because of political believes*

stupid brainlet Jow Forumseddit normie NPC

>"Peeling Back the Layers of Tor with Egotistical Giraffe January 8, 2007"
>"This briefing is classified
TOP SECRET//COMINT//REL USA, FVEY "

eff.org/node/77511

>global diversity & inclusion department
>led by le hook nose
makes sense

>East Asians
Cure your yellow fever. It's embarrassing

Attached: scrot003.png (1600x900, 74K)

> developed by the US Navy
What else do you need

>he needs yellow fever to have basic high school world history education
You need a cure for dropping out of high school by the looks of it, or you live in a mentally backwards shithole which doesn't teach what it's supposed to teach.
Either way the visual difference between Africa and East Asia speaks for itself.

post a pic of you doing captcha in links
I have never been able to get it to work

Safari

Africa didn't develop because half the western world shat on it and left it to rot. That's why China is gaining so much traction there. It's actually helping.

>The bulk of the funding for Tor's development has come from the federal government of the United States,[17] initially through the Office of Naval Research and DARPA.[18]

>china
>It's actually helping.
>africa
That's a hot take right there.

Attached: 1531176475899.png (593x580, 621K)

East Asia developed after Mongols ruined it, half the western world shat on it, 2 nukes were dropped, Communism infected it, Mao ditched half of Communist economic policies and implemented a new experimental, system under an empty brand, and East Asians decided to adopt western technology that was abandoned there and build upon it.
Africa didn't develop because it is a shithole with a shithole people who don't even care to adopt leftover western technology and maintain and build upon it, but instead let it rot.

Next stupidity from inside your upper ass please.

links

Attached: scrot003.png (1600x900, 74K)

>chinks helping
lol no

they are extracting minerals for dirt cheap prices and drowning the niggers in debt by using their contracts to build them """necessary""" infrastructure (like metro rail systems in cities 1/10th the size of new york)

china already took over a african port after the country failed to pay back the debts they accumulated from the "infrastracture building" that china provided generously. others are going the same way. nigs are stupid as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=1B9xxXOTUy8

USA funneled billions into Korea and Japan, and made them into puppet states. If they left the country after war, they both would be shitholes. Anyway, the people now are just like insects. No personality, bootlickers, and only are about superficial shit. Cure your yellow fever

Brave is the official browser of Jow Forums last I checked. Some people may want add-ons but I think it has everything I need.

Japan was a imperialist colonial superpower that conquered a huge chunk of Asia before they got nuked. I'm not even a weeb.

Soros money finally came through.

USA also funneled billions into Africa, and made puppet states there, along with other Western powers. Do you think all that infrastructure in Africa built by whites that's currently rotting was cheap?
If they left China and Japan after war they both would still regain their civilized look as they had one before westcucks ever came there, not that you ever opened a book in your life to know this.
The Westcuck whites were still slaves under Romans and selling the asses of their boys to the local centurions for bread and lessons on Civilization while East Asia already had Universities and advanced production in various fields which trickled into Europe along the Silk Road not limited to mainly silk, and an abundance of technological inventions and patents that the whites would later adopt and improve upon after taking over the leftovers of the Roman Empire.

Notice however how there's no mention of nigger Africa here as the first notable educational institution in nigger Africa came into existence around 1000AD and MUSLIMS were responsible for building it in East Africa.

They tried to block DailyStormer while leaving the illegal shit alone.

I’m tempted to make the switch
I mean they have based Brendan Eich on board

Yeah mate africans by comparisons are all thinkers and philosophers with deep personalities and a vibrant culture

they are part of a communist religious cult.

I'm sure Eich introduced that term into Firefox.

waterfox or ungoogled-chromium

Conquering unknown islands doesn't make you a super power. Only big target they got was China at the time and they also sucker punched USA

USA didn't have a reason to do any of that. I doubt they did and you are exaggerating points to fuel your yellow fever fetishes. USA had China and the USSR to worry about. There's literally nothing in Africa USA has to worry about. The western powers just pillaged Africa and the infrastructure there was created to carry the stuff out

I never said that or argued for that point

What happened to Jow Forums made browser?

Attached: 1538985010744.png (773x1034, 859K)

Edge and Safari

Christ you really are clueless

>they're advocating the incompetent to be valued as much as the most competent
now you know why firefox is such a slow sluggish bad experience

>Face it they're not gonna run out of money.
wouldn't be too sure about that (seriously).

no

Attached: Cheng Xiao (WJSN) - She is so freaking cute ♥.webm (820x720, 2.62M)

HMMMmm that still sounds like a male name, user..

How about you post sources instead of pulling shit pit your ass

>USA didn't have a reason to do any of that.
They had about as much reason to do all of that as they had reasons to mingle in East Asia.
Yet the result is East Asians having the basic wisdom and foresight of adopting leftover Western infrastructure and technology to ago on a path of advancement, while nigger Africa left all the infrastructure to rot because tribal warfare is more important and also they have no concept of seeking education that all of Eurasia regardless of corner, religion, or ethnicity/race has.

>west builds high technology mine railways to take out all the resources
>East Asians keep maintaining the technology, observe it, copy it, improve upon it, Engineering education takes a leap no matter how small which trickles

>west builds high technology mine railways to take out all the resources in nigger Africa
>nigger Africans leave it to rot or dismantle it to beat each other with

You are only making this argument worse for yourself with each post.

Yes. 90% plastic and bleach filled face. Black hair and dark brown eyes. Perfect female form

But you haven't posted a single "source" yet

They mingled in Japan because of WW2. They mingled in Korea because of Communist China and USSR and they were spooked about the spread of communism. They had plenty of reasons. Look at those countries before the west forced themselves on them. Feudal shitholes.

Mine is backed by history and reality. Yours is backed by yellow fever.

lmao, and how do you explain the fact that even 10,000 years ago africa was behind everyone else, most "african" civilizations were started by remnants of the assyrian empire, which was arabic

You do realise a "feudal shithole" is already thousand of years ahead of subsaharan Africa technology-wise, right?
You do realise that?