GOOGLE + IS DEAD

GOOGLE + IS DEAD

>Alphabet shuts Google+ social site after user data exposed

(Reuters) - Alphabet Inc’s Google said on Monday up to 500,000 Google+ user accounts were potentially affected by a bug that may have exposed their data to external developers, and the company is shutting down the social network for consumers.

A software glitch in the social site gave outside developers potential access to private Google+ profile data between 2015 and March 2018, when internal investigators discovered and fixed the issue, the report said.

reuters.com/article/us-google-data/alphabet-shuts-google-social-site-after-user-data-exposed-idUSKCN1MI1WM

Attached: DpALojgU4AAIPlW.jpg (1000x438, 18K)

>the Wall Street Journal reported that Google opted not to disclose its discovery of a bug in Google+ that exposed the data of hundreds of thousands of users.
Our policy is "Don't be evil", just trust us lol

google+ is the proof that google is not unbeatable or too big to fail. one more to add to its long list of failures.

remeber google wave? it was more of the same thing

Their functionalities are beast, their designs are shit. Appearance's more important for today standards.

Too bad for Google, I sold my butt to them, but my life is easier.

>Google+ is dead
>After Youtube comments were forcefully integrated into it
Doubt it. Unless they're just keeping that part alive and shutting down the rest, but even then, I doubt it.

Attached: Doubt.jpg (1200x808, 63K)

I use to use Google+ to roleplay and make friends within anime/manga communities. Havent used it much in 3 years but I will miss the site and will try and contact old "friends" to see if I can get their discords or some shit.

And I thought this would be a bad day

But didnt they remove needing Google+ for Youtube like 3 years ago to comment? I think there are some technicalities still tied to Google+ for Youtube like channel email and stuff but I am pretty sure they have made strides to remove Google+ directly from Youtube since like 2015

I'm going to miss G+
hold me Jow Forums

>using google+

Attached: h30yqdjmjh701.png (560x632, 137K)

>Google opted not to disclose its discovery of a bug in Google+ that exposed the data of hundreds of thousands of users

So, how many other times has this happened and they haven't thought to tell users? Quite illegal in some jurisdictions.

you still have fbookspace

Nothing to hide nothing to fear

It really is dead over 500K accounts affected? How many were even signed up?
I thought it was dead years ago? What failed then?

Now we wait for something like this to happen to LinkedIn, owned by MicroSoft.

Probably not all users were affected

Wasn't moot in charge of G+? What will he do now? Can we get rid of Hiroshimoot and bring back real moot?

They'd be better of just copying FB, but they wanted to reinvent everything so it'll be unaccessible for the average user. Bravo!

>knew about it since March, but wasn't bad enough to announce and didn't want to ruin reputation

This is going to hurt them even more. Same happened with another leak.

Nooooooo googlers how did this happen???

Attached: 1532565001603.png (1000x1000, 594K)

"don't be evil" was thrown out years ago.

Will G+ really shut down or can it be saved? I talk to a lot of people on there and don't use Twitter or Discord

August 2019 it will be shut down.

Is it possible they will reverse their decision? Are there any change.org petitions?

Looks like it's regulation, not reputation

It's literally a cult of braindead retards now

pic related, it's nu-moot

Attached: 1536783985512.jpg (1022x494, 152K)

not forced for like 5 years already

RIP Ikey

What will happen to accounts I sign into using Google+

honestly, I'd rather not know about the leak if it was (((purely internal))) leak. By the time someone else got the info most user would forget their passwords and change them. I'm not saying google isn't shit but you gotta give it to jews - they know how to shut things down

even TVs use google accounts these days
go outside more

>internet service
>go outside

Attached: 1507196871428.png (645x729, 59K)

would work for some time. at best, they'll send you an email about it shutting down

it was a stilbirth

>meet g/friends
>go to your place
>watch /tv/ and drink beer and/or fuck, suck, etc
Nice meme though you're probably very popular

"496,951 users’ full names, email addresses, birth dates, gender, profile photos, places lived, occupation and relationship status were potentially exposed"

Not that bad when you think about what was lost and how not all users were affected

Oh no! Hopefully none of the data was stolen and sold on the black market for advertising purposes!

Just setup a discord goy

How many times must normies get owned before they learn their lesson?

Attached: 1539012350204.jpg (700x970, 430K)

Google+ killed "+1"

+1 was a slang term widely used on the internet. It was like what nu-Jow Forums calls "upvote" or a like/thumbs up. Then it got raped by Google+ and everybody all of the sudden thought you were a google+ fanboy when you used that.

Google did the same with "chrome". Chrome would usually describe the window itself, not its content but the windows borders, closing, minimizing and maximizing buttons, scrollbars etc.

what happen to moot post Jow Forums?
i heard he was involved in google

Attached: iiLOKDd.jpg (2048x1361, 1017K)

S

They removed parts of his brain and he is now kept in a dark cell called the Googlebox.

Where will people like Linus Torvalds and Lennart Poettering post now?

He does indeed work for jewgle now. probably on something related to social

gitlab comment section

>moot involved in google
>google turns into a Jow Forums-like shithole
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Usually nothing really happens with that data though. Credit card is the worst, but you can get the money back.

+1 and upvote for you, user

Although I don't think it was necessarily Google+ at all (did anyone ever care about it apart from it being the thing that worsened a perfectly fine xmpp chat?), but just a dislike of shitty attention whoring social media features like that in general.

wtf is moot really a fat tranny now

I have been a frequent Google+ user since 2012 and since around 2014-2015 many of Google+'s audience who are teenagers, into anime/manga or games left ot kept to themselves as many communities on Google+ got over run. By this I mean on Google+ like on /soc/ or FB groups there are groups to find people to date especially popular amongst teens, I was a mod of one group because a friend of mine wanted me to and a group went into the group was able to get admin control deleted all posts and changed the name to "cum stained shithole" or something like that and did that to many other groups. There was also an increase around 2014-2015 in furries(the type who like talking about have sex with animals or mythical creatures or fictional characters like Sonic the Hedgehog) and retarded memelords who would post Thomas the tank engine and Jojo's Dio memes to piss people off. I dont know what caused this to happen especially during the peak influx in 2015, but many people in the communities or groups I talked about before kept to themselves and small groups of friends or just used hangouts.

fuck yeah, shut it down. i made so many comments on there when i was an edgelord teenager and I can't track them down to delete them

Same, but I am going to miss all the depressed girls I use to talk to

>gender exposed

Attached: comment_mQZuRWbSDeuCG5hIQO7knahIizTWJwwk.gif (279x247, 80K)

credit cards can be canceled easily, personal information can be used to open new lines of credit you have no control over
why the fuck are normalfags so fucking retarded

Proof?

Where were you when you realized Google only makes a profit from advertisements and all of their other "services" are garbage?

lol u tk him 2 da bar|?

Attached: Moot_soup.jpg (640x480, 128K)

faggot too poor for a fork

pathetic

they're part of the military industrial complex and government funded you idiot
advertisement, in general, is corporate speak for datamining, and everything google collects goes right to the NSA, who collect so much data they don't know what to do with it (for free)
google's main funding comes from projects like their drone work

Cool. Please post your login information to your email then. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear, right?

>

Attached: 1513096188265.gif (500x382, 125K)

>[insert one of Google's failures here] is the proof that google is not unbeatable or too big to fail. one more to add to its long list of failures.

JEETDROIDS BTFO

>Wasn't moot in charge of G+?

wat

He was the chief coffee boy.

loved it

wtf is the point of shutting it down AFTER everything leaked?

I wonder if they’ll fire moot then

Does that mean moot is fired?

who?

Only YouTubers forced to sign up signed up. Nobody wanted Google+.

>The company said in a blog on Monday it had discovered and patched the leak in March of this year and had no evidence of misuse of user data or that any developer was aware or had exploited the vulnerability.
Interesting.

I used g+ and i'm glad it's gonna disappear.

Wasn't +1 a slashdot thing?

>496,951 users
>when you realize this was the entire G+ userbase

Nah. Moot's lanky as fuck now, he inadvertently was spotted in the audience of a press conference for Google recently. But there hasn't been any pics of him since he quit. He's just become completely invisible.

I heard they cut your balls off when you go to work for Google.

His whole job was to fix Google+, hopefully now he gets fired and is forced to come back here. Serves him right for selling us out to hiro

>comes back to Jow Forums
>hiro refuses to give admin back to moot
>moot forced to mod for /v/
sweet justice

I want to see that happen now. I hope he comes crawling back on his hands and knees begging us to take him back

what data? nobody even posts anything on their g+ profile aside from some shitty avatars

WOMP WOMP

Attached: IMG_20181008_190608.jpg (1180x977, 115K)

This is so shocking it's hard to believe.
Amazing. Incredible.
I'm absolutely flabbergasted.
>Google+ had 500,000 users.

What if Moot was the one who formed jewgle to shut it down?

Moot was our inside man to take down the Google machine from the inside

What a fucking retard LMAO

and that's a good thing

>Make jewgle+
>hey moot, come join google we think you can save it
>you will just need to cut ties with Jow Forums of course :^)
*Jow Forums gets sold to a souless bugman here*
*gets packed with tracking garbage and malware*
>sorry, goy- *ahem* I mean fellow googler, we are discontinuing google+
>Im sure there are opening in some of our diversification divisions you could apply to
5D chess, well played google.

Moot did it

Literally can't do anything right.

Thank fucking god. By next year this time, it will truly be a dead shut down service. A service that nobody asked for and that nobody wanted. The only reason people joined in the first place was because it was forced via YouTube integration which pissed everyone off. It has been fading into obscurity since and now this data breach is the nail that killed. Good riddance.

google and big companies like that hire people to do nothing just so they can cut off any potential competition in the future.

>Gets hired to save Google+
>Kills it
Absolutely /ourguy/ and an hero to mankind.

Good riddance

Why are degenerates on all sides so infatuated with identifying themselves on the basis of their politics, race or sexual orientation? Get a personality or see a psychiatrist about working through your parental issues as a child, absolute nutjobs.

BRING BACK GOOGLE READER!

>500,000
so thats basically all of them right?
toplol

who?