Why aren't more people using OpenSUSE instead of Ubuntu?

Why aren't more people using OpenSUSE instead of Ubuntu?

Attached: leap-15-wip-suse-theme.jpg (800x500, 26K)

debian with mate is the best combination, suse is ok though.

SUSE got chance to be a fine distro, to bad is to bloated and you can'd freaking setup anything in setup.. minimal install in SUSE? no way, almost impossible

SUSE shows up lots of places, they actually make money unlike Canonical.

Same question. I like my OpenSUSE
>minimal install in SUSE? no way, almost impossible
There is some sort of basic setup available, but it will counsume 100 megs in idle.
>debian with mate
I don't like how debian never works without dicking around, while OpenSUSE is literally like Microsoft Windows, everything works, but unlike Windows, OpenSUSE doesn't crash as often.

Doesnt it lack software

The unwashed masses really like the orange and brown color scheme.

what is YaST like?

No.
Complete mess, but it is better, than dealing with config fliles.

Why does GeckoLinux take 1/5 the time to install compared to openSUSE, when it's just openSUSE with a couple of tweaks?

Attached: 32cefb0c-23fa-11e6-986f-19b524f98c61.png (120x120, 63K)

Because Fedora is better by far.

i doubt it, Fedora makes a lots of money now, selling services, all HW guys switched to FreeBSD long time ago

i think they have by far the best installer, lots of options for power users. tumbleweed is a chad distro

>power users
*snap*

openSUSE is my favorite distro. It's too bloated by default but when you dont use patterns it's all good. Also you have to edit /etc/zypp/zypp.conf and set solver.onlyRequires = true and solver.cleandepsOnRemove = true

Attached: desktop.png (1920x1080, 820K)

Defaults aren't good and yast is dated, other than that, I like Opensuse.

Poor documentation?

i for one cannot stand yast which is why i don't use it

i used leap 41 & 42. then switched to manjaro. i'll probably jump to tumbleweed someday.

You dont have to use YAST or have it installed at all

God-like.

Tumbleweed is nice but apart from that I prefer just using some ubuntu variant. Not really a big linux desktop user.

For a rolling release distro, btrfs snapshots with snapper are fantastic

is gecko kde still missing the kde patch that's default on suse?

>no games, lol.

but seriously, it lack a shitload of packages.

user, you just solved the only problem I got with OpenSuse (specially zypper). Thank you very much, time to go full green and ditch niggerbuntu

Attached: openPEPE.png (602x500, 43K)

Good to hear! You won't regret

Attached: 1529576417343.png (400x333, 52K)

because I installed it and it didn't let me connect to my wifi. on a thinkpad.
tried fixing it, didn't work.

fedora just wekrs for me

*powerfucks your mother*

Shitty font rendering

xubuntu is perfect, even if opensuse is also perfect i have no incentive to jump. and im not saying i even think xubuntu is perfect as in it couldn't be improved, rather i am saying its perfect in a comparison scale. there always has to be a 5/5 in a comparison or otherwise the number is worthless. anyways wake me up when there is a distro that jest werks out of box, with focus on gui, uses a qt version of xfce, on wayland, with runit instead of systemd and with the package manager of arch and the aur [cant wake up]

one of the only liveUSBs I've been able to boot on Raven Ridge is OS Tumbleweed, damn good distro but shame about systemdicks

I do web dev stuff
Why should I use it over debian or ubuntu? There doesn't seem to be that much difference

Same reason not that many people use KDE. The user experience is pretty shit and nothing is polished. Just like KDE, though, it has amazing tools and is very robust.

you could use ubuntu, debian, macOS, or winshit and firefox is going to do basically the same shit

>nothing is polished
looks pretty polished to me

Attached: foobar.png (1920x1200, 1.73M)

tell me your secrets

He moved the bar to the top....

It reminds me of diversity :^)

I was going to install it but now I'm leaning towards Manjaro. Hard to choose.

I almost started using it because of the BTRFS snapshot integration, but realized I could do the same thing with pre and post emerge scripts so I didn't.

>no promotion like ubuntu
>requires too many root permissions for regular tasks
>t. openSuse Leap 15 user