Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: EVGA Z390 Dark Motherboard ATX.jpg (1048x1092, 384K)

Looks like a motherboard. Good selection of ports. PCIe slots look okay, really appreciate the open x4 slot. Sideways facing headers are nice. And ONLY TWO DIMM SLOTS WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

>you need two ATX 24-pin connectors to power the board alone
>To power the CPU, you’d need quad 8-pin
2 8 pins of which only 1 is really needed and 1 is provided for extreme overclocking, not like you'd know anything about that

Wrong MB

>only 2 ram slots
This is the single deal breaking thing on this motherboard I would otherwise buy in a heartbeat

Why do you need more than two slots on dual channel board?
You want more than 32gb of RAM, you should be going for HEDT anyway.
I hate when I have 2 empty RAM slots on my dual channel board, also less sticks, better speed

For upgrades. I'll buy 2 sticks of 8 GB for the standard 16. Then years later I can get another pair of 8 when 16 isn't enough anymore. Empty slots are a positive thing. It's not like CPUs are advancing fast enough to need an upgrade by then. Consider that i7-2600K is only beginning to be outmoded - if you bought one back then, you would've gotten 8 GB and would want another 8 now.

Only two DIMMs does feel kind of wrong but their horizontal orientation is better than the normal vertical one, and I like the side-facing power connectors. Unless there's actually something under the heatsink between the socket and the slots, though, they should rearrange that to give me use of all seven slots.

>2 dimm slots
>only 4 sata ports

I like it, it's a step closer to what a motherboard should look like in the age of RGB.

Attached: 20150323141041_big.png (1000x890, 324K)

>Retard doesn't understand why a overclocking board has 2 DIMM slots

It still fucking annoying that one of the best looking z390 motherboards to come out which gives you more than everything you could ever need decides 2 DIMMs is enough.

who needs sata ports, that stupid when there are two m.2 ports

Once you find the need for another 16 gigs down the line those original sticks would be outdated by then.

> Consider that i7-2600K is only beginning to be outmoded - if you bought one back then, you would've gotten 8 GB and would want another 8 now.
Or just sell the 2x4gb and buy 2x8gb, then you'll even have the added bonus to go with another type of heatsink/color and speed instead of tracking down a matching pair of some old sticks you probably don't even like anymore.

>Not being the biggest sticks your board can handle in the fist place like a true alpha

>those original sticks would be outdated by then
>ram gets outdated
Unless DDR4 somehow gets faster or tighter timings in general sense, a good 3200mhz kit would be good forever

Most DDR4 3200 kits should be good in the future, even those 1.65V DDR3 1600 kits from back when the i7s were a new thing still are pretty decent compared to my 1.5V 1866 stuff.

I like the 8 SATA ports. As I run Linux I get by with 8GB of RAM and still game anyway, so the two RAM slots don't bother me.

those are four single ports, not four double ports.

Who cares about matching coolers, I look at the screen not inside the case most of the time. Besides you can make neat stripes with unmatched coolers. And presumably you bought the fastest speed your board can deal with the first time around, so if you buy something the same or faster it'll run at the same speed.

Z390 is just a Z370 with higher power delivery requirements for the CPU ala eight-core Coffee Lake chips (beefer VRMs).

There's no difference between an overengineered Z370 board and Z390 expect in name.

Wew lad, a motherboard that doesn't have their heatsinks covered, and integrated them into the overall design. I'd still prefer just a fin stack like the gigabyte boards, but still, better late than never.

It looks good, but is having most of its connectors at the right angle and its M.2 slots between the PCI-E x16 slots a good idea?

Actually those are double ports, if you look closer you can see SATA 0/1, 2/3, 4/5, and 6/7 for a total of 8 SATA ports

So this thing has 3 GPU slots and only 4 SATA ports..

Fucking gaymers.

but there isn't a Z370 with that model

looks really good for overclockers, but how is EVGA's BIOS. Only reason why I am leaning towards Asus's overpriced motherboards is that they still have the best BIOS

>have to remove the video cards to get at the M.2s
M.2 must be nice for laptops, but this form factor is awful for desktops. At least offer up a slot mount that doesn't require digging out half the components to service.

Attached: 1490063297053.gif (400x200, 892K)

This, retarded M.2 placement

The Z97 generation of boards were the pinnacle of design. You could easily get plain looking boards with good sets of features and good components. Plus obnoxious plastic cladding and RGBs weren't very prevalent.

Attached: 110848733.jpg (628x752, 254K)

The board is not even in the price class for someone who "buys things for upgrades in mind".