Stop using the internet

>AVC: A lot of writers—if they don’t use typewriters or write longhand—claim to only use computers without an Internet connection, because the distraction is too readily available, and no work gets done.
>JF: Absolutely. I have one of those nine-pound Dell laptops you can get for $389 because nobody ended up buying that model, for obvious reasons. I took the wireless card out immediately, and I plugged up the Ethernet hole with superglue. The biggest struggle was getting Hearts and Solitaire off of it. I did work on a DOS machine until about five years ago. It ran WordPerfect 5.0, which is still the best software ever written for a writer, I think. But now, obviously, I work on a Windows machine, and Windows just will not let you de-install a Solitaire program. It puts it back whenever you try to remove it.

Attached: entertainment-2010-12-jonathan-franzen-jonathan-franzen.jpg (800x1147, 91K)

No need to do all that. I just install OpenBSD and networking doesn't work anymore.

Or just have some self control :)

this.
jesus christ, fucking manchildren...

They're fucking writers. They don't have self control.

>not just adding JOE into your initramfs

I chuckled

Lmfao

Install TempleOS.

B T F O
S
D

Attached: IYyucIx.jpg (400x320, 19K)

franzen is a richfag, he can afford a freewrite

Attached: astrohaus-freewrite_lg_-03.jpg (1759x1155, 1.99M)

Attached: terry.jpg (340x340, 22K)

What's up with writers and DOS love?

they love wordstar

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2018-10-09_132913_en.wikipedia.org.png (1052x319, 50K)

Psychologically, if you have a habit of reading anything on the internet or on your phone on a regular basis, which you do if you're reading this, your read/write focus is diminished by the ease of access to that habit. It's literally a second away and the activity is instant gratification version of what you're doing. The effect is different from the kind of slack off you'd have doing a house project or physical labor. It doesn't matter if you're actively doing the habit, you're not paying attention as hard unless you put a strong mental or physical block.
Next time you're studying or working in a read/write environment , think about that niggling impatience of just wanting to slack off.
It's way easier to just shut it off if you're not used to self starting and independent work. That's what builds the self control to just throw your phone on your desk and not even think about that or internet browsing while you're programming, writing, studying, etc.

Seems a weird statement coming from someone wasting their life posting on a mongolian basket weaving forum.

Fpbp

They hate freedom.

I bet it's rather easy to get running on Linux

But I need it for when I get horny or waiting for something to compile, or while I'm doing some video game modding.

It also ignores the entire attention economy, the teams of psychologists companies hire to excel in it, and the effects of neuroplasticity in habit and addiction forming.