I'm tired of the GNU/muh-minimalism of Debian netinstall, Arch and others...

I'm tired of the GNU/muh-minimalism of Debian netinstall, Arch and others. What would be a really robust "just werks" distro+DE for a reasonably modern laptop?

P.S.: I know Arch is not minimalist, but it is definitely minimal in terms of "just werks".

Attached: 077_DitKeAAUYAEU4zL-compressed.jpg (1365x2048, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.luscious.net/albums/yeyegokou-ruri_318666/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you can install a full modern Debian system w/ proprietary drivers from net-install...

>Debian Cinnamon

Ubuntu Budgie.

Attached: 1527808035263.png (800x800, 626K)

>Debian
>Arch
>minimalism

based cute-feet poster

Attached: qt.png (322x268, 142K)

NEED
TO
BREED

Wouldn't the answer to this by default just be Ubuntu or one of its flavors?

ubuntu or fedora

i want to rub my neet cock on her foot

bunsenlabs

Ubuntu. Or just join the normies with real jobs and get a Mac.

no
an ubuntu cli only install uses 100MB RAM
this is MORE THAN DOUBLE what a Debian install uses WITH A FUCKING GUI

Even a raspberry pi wouldn't struggle with that. Ubuntu is perfectly tolerable and "just works" to a greater extent than any other distro.

Come on, you know what I mean.

I love Debian, but it sure doesn't run very well on my laptops

I'm not sure if I could call Ubuntu "robust", it feels bloated even running DEs like lxde. I'll take a look at Budgie though

I was expecting backlash for the feet, I'm glad you guys got my back

Attached: 218_DmH69AlVAAE0Y0a-compressed.jpg (768x1024, 73K)

I've come around to feet to be honest. I still prefer face, tits, ass, etc but I can appreciate a nice foot if the girl is qt.

>if the girl is qt
t-thanks, senpai

Attached: 564_DcMQYzIVQAEywtq-compressed.jpg (1536x2048, 120K)

fuckable footpussy

>tired
>of installing
user, why are you installing over and over again? Can't pick a distro? Or worse, don't know how to change your desktop environment without reinstalling?

Attached: lain dismissing what you wrote because it's stupid.jpg (775x845, 242K)

Feet are good when it's attached to a cute girl, not alone

Attached: hotwheels5.png (192x180, 50K)

>What would be a really robust "just werks" distro+DE for a reasonably modern laptop?
For modern laptops I recommend using OpenSUSE Leap with KDE. It does weird stuff with automatic partitioning where it'll give you a 20GB home partition. So just make sure that when you're at the installer you put all files in one partition and use XFS as the file system. XFS makes an especially large difference in speed when you're using an SSD. OpenSUSE has really good power management out of the box (10-12 hours medium-light usage on an X230 with a 6-cell battery) and provides the best KDE experience I've seen. They have tight integration with YaST so you can configure 95% of your system from a graphical application. They also patch the Firefox thumbnails thing out of the box, which is really nice for image board shitposting. Zypper is also a pretty nice package manager when you get to know it.

If you have a 32-bit machine or it's slow or got less than 2GB RAM then you should just use Debian with XFCE. Just do the net install and select XFCE from the installer menu.

Attached: 1b4229868724070442309e083b1e376ee62462903d6476400a92881b2d568a62.jpg (650x500, 93K)

I've been using Ubuntu on my old uni laptop and played a bit with all the meme distros in VMs. Now, I've decided to finally abandon Windows on my main laptop, but I cannot risk having a "pacman fucked my xorg.conf" episode happening when I need to do something actually important. I don't want to have to run all sorts of commands and scripts when I decide to plug a different monitor or projector, I don't wanna find out I don't have a decent image viewer or pdf reader when I'm offline, stuff like that.

Last time I tried using OpenSUSE, I couldn't even download it, all the mirror were dog slow. I guess I'll actually try it out for once

Attached: IMG_20170609_194507-compressed.jpg (2013x3014, 109K)

Why do asian girls have such fuckable footpussy?

Attached: 1368313798004.gif (499x360, 479K)

Fedora Workstation.

That's a dude

The way I see it, it's more likely for a girls' feet to be exposed than anything else, so some creeps start sexualizing them.

>i'm a creep.

Attached: 1532038710626.jpg (800x800, 195K)

what I do is install the debian stable non free firmware iso, is like 2+GB but it has everything your system would need for just werking, without freedumb stupidism. Then on the installer you choose your DE, Debian Desktop is GNOME plus some recommended stuff by debian, I rather just install no DE with print server and ssh, and install gnome-session gnome-core (really whatever gui you like, but gnome has keyboard layout switcher, nice file manager and everything works out of the box, also the window management is for not minimizing windows and move then through workplaces with win+shift pg up pg down),
and the reading or media stuff
ffmpeg libreoffice mpv fbreader or okular (for reading even weird file extension documents). If you configured the wifi on the installer I remember it stays when you boot to the terminal so this is just using apt to install all this packages and rebooting.
Also to this I should add something with fonts for all characters, sometimes are missing with vanilla debian. But trust me, this shit will work very well. Only thing I've tried doesn't work is Steam from main repositories, but some people say the .deb from the steam page work, I personally have used the flatpak, flatpak is like a just werks way to install software they have a page, is pretty much like apk on android; you uninstall the app and every bit is gone after that since it is isolated. Watch out removing packages through apt since it may delete package that 'depend' on it even though they don't need it, that's not to blame on apt, is the clusterfuck the dependency tree is since debian has like 40000 packages mantained

For me it's quite the opposite. I'm specialy atracted to soles, and I believe it's due to the fact that seeing a woman's soles is something relatively intimate and rare

fuck I'm so lonely

So just tell the installer to make only one XFS partition? Why does it do that 20gb thing anyway?

quit being a fag, fag
m.luscious.net/albums/yeyegokou-ruri_318666/

Attached: img_20170609_191729_01CM0V123N2BP3MZPX0G43DR5A.1024x0.jpg (1024x1422, 88K)

Arch Linux + KDE-meta package.