Chinese spy chips

So is bloomberg a shit or is there something else going on? why would we deny it happened? Chinka spys on us all the time.

techcrunch.com/2018/10/07/homeland-security-denies-bloomberg-spy-chip-report/?yptr=yahoo

Attached: Ministry_of_State_Security_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China.svg.png (177x177, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/spacerog/status/1049309380599058433
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It would not be a very effective means of spying.

>big if true

>why would we deny it happened?
protecting stock prices and literally the entire american economy

aws powers amazon and netflix, apple is a massive part of the economy as well

there's no doubt that Facebook and Google got compromised to some extent as well, the news that our entire tech sector got bugged by the chinks and our IP stolen would be 2008 all over again

go away stinky chinky
ah i did not think about that but it makes sense. seeing how supermicros stocks tanked.

It seems far fetched, but chinks will do anything to get a millimeter ahead.

SM has always been shit and the fact that Apple used them for anything is hilarious to me, ever since they killed the Xserve team their datacenter efforts have suffered.

If they were smart they'd have teamed up with HPE and done some cross-pollenation but no, they had to turn into a cellphone and tablet company

That story is hard to believe to say the least. If it would be real they would shave the top off and publish an image of the silicon. The chip doesn't even have enough pins to talk with any other components on the board.
It would be much easier to infiltrate employees or their glitchy software with gaping holes.

Regardlessmof whether Bloomberg is shit, I'd expect that if China did put spy chips into hardware, then the NSA would consider that a matter of national security and issue a gag order to anyone involved. If that os the case, I would be even more surprised if the affected parties did not leverage the gag order to their own benefit to protect stock prices. I don't even think the PR goons that get intervirewed about it are lying, they wouldn't get told about it at all if a gag order was in place, somas far as they're aware nothing happened.

What's really happening here is some hedgefund manipulating Bloomberg reporters that don't have a clue. It's price manipulation, someone made a killing shorting apple stock. This is nothing new.

especially considering they're a few inches behind

You do realize that's probably not a picture of the actual chip, right?

It's total CIA bullshit. They've had almost a week to elaborate on any details or developments and been totally silent while fucking everybody has refuted everything, even all governments involved are in agreement. How often do you see DHS having to issue a statement defending China?!

twitter.com/spacerog/status/1049309380599058433

Anytime you see a story based on "anonymous intelligence sources" just remember WMD. But it worked spectacularly for them, no one is discussing the rebuttals at all compared to the initial reaction. Everyone's retarded.

>The chip doesn't even have enough pins to talk with any other components on the board.
A single PCIe lane would be enough.

There isn't even a "chip", Supermicro allegedly made tons of boards for multiple companies, yet no one has been able to pick apart one and show anything other than an Bloomberg's "artistic conception".

If it was real in any way, there would've been confirmation and other reports within hours. The whole thing is a charade.

it's supposed to expose intel ME to the public NIC, beyond that i'm not really sure

The only thing Bloomberg said is that it has the capability to read host memory and communicate over the network, and a PCIe lane would be enough to do that.

Of course, but there seems to be a widespread conception that a low-pin-count chip couldn't do what Bloomberg alleges it to have done, and I don't think that's true.

Yeah, desu, the stakes for apple & co are too high to admit such a systemic vulnerability. They could lose like 30% of their users. As long as nobody can prove what happened a few years ago they're safe. And since this information is only known by the intelligence, nothing is gonna happen.

The intelligence is not going to admit this is true because they are doing the same. Once someone opens this Pandora's box, suspicion about hardware integrity will spread everywhere which might lead to the NSA's own implants being discovered in our enemies' hardware.
So the intelligence has zero interest in blowing this subject up. Companies, even less so, they stand to lose a huge number of clients if their hardware is exposed as being monitored.

Noting is confirmed until it is first officially denied.

Oh and had you paid attention yesterday we already saw links to other countries confirming they had been informed about this. You are late.

>The chip doesn't even have enough pins
Oh? How many pins do you think you need for SPI?

>why would we deny it happened? Chinka spys on us all the time.
Because that's how the US of A works. If there's something REALLY bad going on, pretend nothing happended. Patriot act, Irak invasion, the sub-primes, the gigantous databreach that leaked millions of social security numbers, that one time where ajit cream-pie got paid several hundred-thousands of dollars to sell his people, the anti-trust laws being shat on daily, etc... The US gvt knows their 80yo long reign has come to an end and they're on full damage controle 24/7: "No we're, still big and strong, look at us guys, we have apple and amazon! Wuss dat? The chinese literally stole an entire decade of industrial secrets? Nah there's nothing to worry about. U S AAAAAA

> le butthurt
Bonjour Pierre

I'm talking about your government here, not your people. I hope you're not defending these fuckers because they are literally laughing at you and using your retirement savings everyday.

And what kind information do you get through SPI?

then why feature it so prominently? oh wait, (((bloomberg)))

Everyone has been spying on everyone since forever.
I don't get why people act this is so strange but they don't.care about nsa doing it.

Attached: Illegal-Spy-960x640.jpg (960x640, 76K)

If it would have been true, Bloomberg would not have published it. This is so obviously a ruse to push for more economic protectionism. Bloomberg is being a mouthpiece for the US government here.

The Bloomberg article gives magic properties to the chip, but what you're saying is near the only plausible way this could work. The Intel ME can already control the NIC. The only thing this little chip has to do is open up the already present spy-functionality to the Chinese.

not an argument

bingo

why are people concerned about china having a backdoor when the NSA put those backdoors there in the first place

we should be more concerned about the chinese using our backdoors than the chinese inventing their own backdoor because the NSA's backdoors are in the very standards that all of these chips base their designs off of

this is like freaking out over the the chinese making gps chips when google already knows everywhere you go and everywhere you've been. if the chinese wanted to know that information there's an easier way to get it