How do you keep yoyr images organized? How do you name them?

How do you keep yoyr images organized? How do you name them?

Attached: Thumbnails-now-showing-in-Windows-10-file-explorer.png (700x413, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/hydrusnetwork/hydrus
github.com/ranger/ranger/wiki/Official-user-guide#bulk-renaming
syncthing.net/
rbt.asia/g/thread/61823320/#61824039
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I stick them into the "Pictures" folder. I rarely rename shit since there's so many that it'd be a hassle.

Hydrus client.

Attached: scrot_2018-10-09-00:00:28_1366x768.png (1366x768, 679K)

adobe bridge

I upload them to google images and use the AI to search with keywords.

That UI is a fucking mess

Install digikam and let that sort them out.
albums tags labels ratings dates timeline search similarity people geolocation

It's a shame this is so bloated, it has so much potential.

Just delete that meme shit, you don't need it. You will never watch that shit. For your real Fotos, rename it after the date which they where shot from the metadata. In the Future maybe your camera has such a naming scheme. Group them by year, month, day and session/subject.

My Pictures
|_MEMES (Jow Forums images)
|_OCs (my oc images)
|_Screenshots

That's it. I backup my vacation and phone pictures on bd-rdl and rarely store them on my PC

-4chin -> (a folder for every board the image is relevant to with subfolders)
-wallpapers
-Phone pics 2016, 2017, 2018
-Old pics from highschool

keep them ~500 per folder max
4c
|__4c
|__smol
|__jpg
|__png

Jow Forums
↳ filenames
↳↳ webm filenames
↳ webm
↳ reaction images
↳↳ (several folders for each emotion or theme)

names are either the default Jow Forums numeric or something that I find funny

i just throw them in an "archive" folder and randomly browse through it a couple of times per year while drinking Mojitos and reminiscing about the good old days

Attached: 2018-10-09 10_49_31.png (328x376, 10K)

can you upload that bowsette eating bread pic?
it's an edit from luluco. pic is original.

Attached: 0ab.gif (379x387, 83K)

I know it's a luluco edit, that's why I downloaded it.

Attached: 631efa7ba71ba8117e758ba905fafe5529778f96afbea93acc780e61ef22556c.gif (378x386, 132K)

thank you, user
and it's animated too

Also doing this.

Not a huge issue though. Computer time is cheap.

>get recommended Hydrus Client
>spend 30 minutes reading the FAQ
>install Hydrus Client
>import my photo library
>spend 50 minutes trying to figure out how to add a fuckign tag to the first image
>uninstall

what a clusterfuck

Did you seriously read the manual? You guys don't read, press f3 retard.

Attached: 1538948510561.png (467x262, 192K)

I would lime something like Hydrus but not bloated and UI from 2018

Folders that go from the general to the specific like "Photos\Places\New York", or "Wallpapers\Vistas". I only create specific folders if there's enough pictures I care about to put inside, otherwise I keep them in a more generic folder.
I don't rename almost any of them. Most notable exception are charts or informative pictures, because I dump all of them in a generic "Useful" folder.

>spending 8 months to neatyl and meticoulusly organizing your shit only to have the one anonymous dude working on this project either abandon it or die in a car crash so you will be stuck with an outdated software that won't work in 2 years

i'm not a memespouting child incapable of original thought

I don't. I put them in folders and rename them to whatever the pictures are about i.e "memes" folder, "wallpapers" folder etc.

OneDrive -> Documents
Documents
|__Jow Forums
|__SamsungGalaxy
|__Work

Jow Forums
|__apu
|__wojak
|__pepe
|__Momo
|__Dahyun
|__Jihyo
|__Mina
|__Nancy
|__Ahin

Attached: momobook.jpg (1536x2048, 372K)

Open Source Software doesn't have this problem.

>Selfie
>>nude
Everything clothed goes into root directory of "Selfie". I also set the "nude" subfolder to "hidden" :^)

hydrus is open-source
github.com/hydrusnetwork/hydrus

how do you asswipes solve the organization issues of multiple memes in one image?

Let's say there's an image of a wojak and a pepe doing somethign together. Does it go int othe wojak folder or the pepe folder?

>install windows 10
>all your files are deleted
problem soved

I just sort them by change date. Sometimes i think about actually giving them good filenames but that would take a lifetime

I have a folder called Pictures and Videos.
Inside those I have a Explicit, Suggestive and Safe folder.
I dump all images/video in the correct folders and name them with as many tags as I can (eg. "ArtistDrawfag-Safe-Car-Sunset-Road-Scenery-Landscape.png")
Then when I search I use "*Car*, *Landscape*" and get all images that involve a car and landscape.

BTFO The power of opensores

>store all Jow Forums images in one folder
>use memory skills to find what image I want by using other images as reference

Since we're talking about keeping things organized, do you guys happen to know any decent mass renaming software?

Attached: 1538079249289.jpg (1024x1004, 135K)

Open source doesn't turn a software writer immortal. However it turns a software project immortal, so after his death people can fork it and keep maintaining it while the closed source counterpart dies off.

ranger
github.com/ranger/ranger/wiki/Official-user-guide#bulk-renaming

Thanks mah dude

>everyone itt using hierarchical filesystems, LOCALLY
Shiggy diggy, boomers
All my images go straight into the cloud and are automatically provided with the appropriate labels using machine learning

Attached: blob-WZG2AXQTV0VS9A7P4EQIPXKG8V79H5UC.png (500x472, 123K)

>cloud
gross.

The RAWs go into folders labeled with the date and location.
The edited files are sorted into folders labeled insects, spiders, reptiles, birds, amphibians, mammals, fungus, plants, dead things, stuff, love is a many splendoured thing, scenery, artyfarty, not sure.

What's wrong? I want to be able to access my files from multiple devices. The alternative is to set up my own server, which is much more of a hassle.

>multiple devices
>going outside
ugh.

at least use this if you absolutely need to
syncthing.net/

>How do you keep your images organized?
Using folders. But a lot of them are still effectively unorganized, and I don't tag anything.
>How do you name them?
With original filenames, to minimize duplicates. I can't remember every image I save.

I don't keep Jow Forums culture images aside from a few reaction pics so those are not a problem.

Attached: 000.jpg (949x532, 224K)

Year -> date -> brief description of what's in the folder. For example:

/Pictures/2018/2018-07-12 Baseball game, party

I could probably get away with dropping the year folder and just keeping the date folders directly in the Pictures directory

I do this too desu.

so fucking slow and buggy on my machine, though

rbt.asia/g/thread/61823320/#61824039
so embarrassing, brainlets bullying user who said that xattrs are not part of the file, which is true

What's a good way to scan for duplicates? There's so many I forget that I saved before

I use VisiPics.

I have a giant folder with all the inages I have.

Thanks, might try this later.

>wojak and pepe
into the trash it goes

this is why anyone with a brain realizes hierarchical file systems are dumb within milliseconds when they envision exactly this scenario
labels >>>>> folders

Gelbooru's open source, so I'm using a local installation of that. I never saw the point in using Hydrus when you can just use what it's imitating

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 430K)

>look at installation guide
>Replace the line By
$mysql_user = "gelbooru"; $mysql_user = "root";
$mysql_pass = "test"; $mysql_pass = "";
$mysql_db = "asdf"; $mysql_db = "gelbooru";
$site_url = "127.0.0.1/branches/0.1.10/0.1.10/"; $site_url = "localhost/gelbooru";
$site_url3 = "Default Booru"; $site_url2 = $site_url3 = "Localbooru";

No thanks. I don't want to be a fucking sysadmin to install that shit

>I don't want to be a fucking sysadmin
All you have to be is not a retard

>not being able to edit a fucking config file

Clown please?

Here you go.

Attached: bf20207b7e5bd38fcecc8ae17ac8358037fe3f6189a3473c858344b0c363ab06.png (650x1155, 576K)

That was fast, thank you user

get off this fucking board

If replacing a line of text is too much for you,
>pic related, retard

Attached: 1516824919271.png (197x208, 98K)

I don't know why I've saved so many images off Jow Forums, I barely post any and I don't look at them.

No problem fren.

Attached: 49e163a63845665c54d824e1c4bad1af75d56155f308fcde2078c3758ad2568e.jpg (708x1000, 583K)

>Jow Forums - Consumer Tech

I have one folder for "safe", cute images and one for sexually explicit stuff.
What else but Animu pics do you need?

can you use hydrus with firefox somehow?

this

produce a hash for each file and look for duplicates

This is how I sort them, then I name them as a description of the image.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-09 13-34-53.png (2560x1440, 739K)

>cloud
yuckie

You shouldn't use Dropbox user. They scan your files. Use MEGA.

You shouldn't trust either. Encrypt everything personal before uploading it.

I don't mind if they steal my meme images desu

What if one file is optimized another isn't, what if one file is the same picture but different resolution, what if one is cropped another isn't

hydrus is fucking trash, mass tagging files is impossible unless you're just now starting your collection, in which case be ready to download every one of your images through a limited selection of boorus
also no way to open the files outside of hydrus since they're all trapped in sqlite (?) files

I am apparently retarded, where can i find its source?

>the state of neo/g/

What a surprise! It's almost like we should've been using tag-based filesystems from the beginning instead of hierarchical ones.

RIP WinFS

unused hard drive space is wasted hard drive space

>right click
>navigate to "add tags"
>manually input about 10-20 tags
>close
>repeat about 2000+ times
also no keyboard shortcuts for this iirc

check the forums and search for "source", the topic will say version 0.1.10. The thread is technically a sticky, but it periodically loses sticky status, so you have to search for "source". Also check the last 2 or 3 pages, version 0.2 hasn't been released yet, so there's no tag categories, but some guy added them and posted a link at the end of the thread

write a piece of software that remove borders, splits the images into an equal number of blocks then attempt to align the images by the most similar row and column of blocks and finally compare each corresponding block's histogram

I have a single folder. I remember the epoch dates of my most beloved memes