Can someone tell me what the the hell is wrong with Google?

Can someone tell me what the the hell is wrong with Google?
>can install latest Windows on 10+ years old computer
>can install latest Linux distros on 10+ years old computer
>iOS version support 3-4 years worth of iPhones
>Android phones get 1-2 versions and that's it

Attached: download.png (207x243, 2K)

Bechause android versions are released too often.

One version of android should last 2-3 years with security updates and stuff, not every year they release another one.

Companies have no incentive to make people keep a phone for longer than 2 years. So they will not port future operating systems. It is why projects like lineage and PA exist.

Lazy manufacturers, see xda
The possibility is there

they fucked up day 1 with vendor supplied updates.
imagine if you could only update windows exclusively via asus, hp, dell etc,

Android versions are mostly jus ui changes

There's no functional difference between Lollipop and Pie. They would be better off just releasing security patches instead of making version spread such an embarassing thing.

Being forced to buy a new phone due to this really pissed me off this time. My solution: buy a budget Android phone and ditch it in a few years. Even budget phones are amazingly good these days.

ARM is shit

google doesn't make all the android phones on the market while apple is the only one making phone for ios. most android phone companies don't want you to use one phone for a long time thats why they don't bother with long term updates.

>windows
>quite useful on 2 gb ram
>android
>lags even on 4 gb ram

Still on KitKat. Had to use lollipop for a while there and the change of sound profiles was fucking embarrassing. Literally no silent function on a phone.

Attached: Terry_25.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

Wrong

Windows is shit on anything that has less than 8gb of ram

Not wrong faggot. The only option was "do not disturb" which is not the same thing as silent mode.

This. A Redmi is cheap and good for the price.

And added telemetry.

Latest android versions even come with voice assistants that record your voice (how else would they work, right? However that means they record your voice.), fingerprint scanner support that scan your fingerprints without telling you where that info is being stored, e.g. you can't even download your own fingerprint from an android. It's your own finger, why can't you download it? Oh right, I forgot! "Security"!
Latest android versions also take pictures of your face, sometimes with 3D metadata to unlock your phone. Same problem here.

Windows never handled ram well. Its why anything demanding is done on Linux or mac

How is it different

I have 8gb or ram on Windows, and I still have to deal with it paging constantly

w10? I noticed on my brother's w10 laptop with 6gb ram, it can be slow sometimes.

Especially with windows 10. I have 16 gb should be minimum for the bloated mess that is windows 10