What is the best controller ever made? or alternately your favorite

what is the best controller ever made? or alternately your favorite

Attached: controllers.jpg (918x793, 79K)

Ps2 or shitcube I like both of those

ps4 controller
It has years of evolution behind its success, most of those who disagree with ps4 or xbox one controller are based and nostalgia hinders their logic

gamecube or xbox260 are the comfiest

PID

>are based
Yes I disagree and I am based.

Unironicly the Wii U controller. Extremely comfortable to hold and good for browsing the web in bed.

Attached: hoy.png (315x340, 127K)

gabe's nipples are the only valid choice

Attached: 87de22e8d550f372fb0da22ab77b78f8-480-80.jpg (480x270, 13K)

Xbox 360 is objectively the best one. Most comfy, can play games for hours without cramps, perfectly molds to the grip of your palm and lasts forever. Go back and play all your beloved ps2, cg and n64 games, they feel way better on a 360 controller.
Xbox one is almost the same but it has those razor edges which don't really make it any better.

Also this isn't/v/

Mouse and keyboard, everything else is wrong.

>Also this isn't/v/
controllers are technology. there are zero video games being discussed in this thread.

I miss the Wii U gamepad more than any other old controller. It was so comfy.

God tier
>XBO Elite
>Switch Pro
>Gamecube

Top tier
>XB360
>XBO
>SNES
>Megadrive
>WiiU Pro

Okay tier
>Dualshock 4
>Dualshock 2
>Wii Classic Pro

Shit tier
>Everything else

>Top tier
>>SNES
opinion discarded

Bait post

I'll be very surprised if the Xbox Elite controller ever gets topped by any significant margin. I can only think of very minor upgrades to make it better, but ergonomically it's probably the best we'll ever get.

anything Bur n64, really

Xbox one hands down

Keep your toys on your own board, underage /v/irgin.

i like the ps4 controller for its features but my fav is either the ps2 or the wii controller. honestly the whole nunchuck approach was amazing, being able to sit with my arms so far apart

Probably the Xbox one. Haven't got to use the elite controller but it's probably even better
My favorite is the GameCube controller though. Especially the L and R buttons and the analog stick.

did u rly have to make a thread? dualshock ofc

looks like the discord logo

8Bitdo SN/SF30 Pro

Simply the best controller ever made.

Attached: 8Bitdo-SF30-Pro-SF30-SN30-SN30-Pro-Gamepad-Controller-Joystick-for-Nintendo-Switch-Windows-Android-R (640x640, 60K)

xbox one elite controller
i hate to admit it but i really liked the razer controllers too

wouldnt buy any of them either way

Kek

PSX

>no gamecube controller
Shit image OP tbqh

the build quality on the DS4 is terrible compared to the DS2/3. plus the handles look like chodes.

It's on the right side of the image.

xbox 360 and one controllers are the best. playstation makes controllers for children and nintendos ones are just for basedboys and boomers who jerk off to their nostalgia games. everything else are not even worth mentioning.
so if you're getting a controller get a wired 360 controller or just regular one controller, you can use it with your phone charging micro usb cable.

“ISO Standard Xinput Compatible” controllers such as XBone controller are the most comfortable to use, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the GameCube controller.

Gamecube/PS3 controller.

360 would cut it if the d-pad wasn't just plain wrong.

Never tried the almighty saturn pad with that d-pad that everyone keeps saying is so good, maybe it is. I'm not sure. I'm not spending a lot of money on that.

I don't understand how some people prefer the DS3 when DS4 exists. enlighten me

I use a dualshock 3 right now.

>Windows
>Plug dualshock 3
>Download SCP drivers from a decade or two ago
>Click install
>It just fucking werks, only my bluetooth dongle can now only be used for that

>macOS
>Plug dualshock 3
>Does a weird thing with pairing
>Lights always blinking, never automatically turns off
>Either works or doesn't, because it's not detected as a 360 controller
>Steam big picture just decides to fuck everything up and doesn't know what an analog stick is

>Linux
>Plug dualshock 3
>What the fuck is this, my face buttons are acting like a d-pad
>Follow arch wiki
>Weird shit with a xinput wrapper that just cannot stand bluetooth
>But hey, it does work plugged

Gamecube

the standard genesis controller is still the magnus opus of 16bit gaming.

There's a Wii U GC usb controller port for Wii U that can be used with Dolphin.

It just feels like it's just built better. Also no LEDs.

why? the thread isn't about video games

This. I have a "crappy" sixaxis (not dualshock 3) over here that I use frequently. 10 fucking years and all I had to replace was the battery on it.

It also lasts quite longer, though maybe it's because it doesn't have force feedback or anything like that. My DS4 lasts nothing, I keep having to charge that shit.

Xbox Original

I've never actually used a Gamecube or Dreamcast controller

THE DUKE >ALL OTHERS

for oldies, wii classic
for newies, ds4

>I've never actually used a Gamecube controller

Your missing out.

Dualshock (all of them) and the GC controller. Microshit fags go away those controllers need batteries and have proprietary connections plus the dpads suck dick

mk2 Saturn controller is goat for anything that doesn't need a stick.
Still looking for a decent PC controller though
Any ones around 20 bucks that work well on linux?
I don't need any fancy shit and wired is fine, as long as it's durable and just werkz

as far as actually holding/using, the 360/XBOne are pretty much perfect
style points, The Duke, Sega Genesis and Nintendo Power Glove

Attached: 1024px-Amiga-CD32-Controller-R.jpg (1024x583, 55K)

>proprietary connection
You do realize the Dualshock uses proprietary batteries?

Since almost all of them have the exact same button configuration, would you be able to just use one controller for other emulators?

I like the GameCube controller as much as anyone and it's comfy to hold but the d-pad sucks and the c-stick isn't very great either. People just don't notice or complain about it because hardly anything used the d-pad extensively. The c-stick is okay but it would be better having a normal mushroom head instead of being a nub. Awful for FPS games but it's usable for most games that use it.

Yeah sorry you're right. Proprietary wasn't the right choice of word here. What I meant to say is from the Ps3 controller up Sony uses usb connections that everyone has around plus rechargable batteries built in.

>no duke in OP
>CNTRL+F duke
>2/2
>faith restored in Jow Forums

Attached: pf.gif (498x432, 793K)

The Hydra was probably the best it's too bad so few games supported it also the software was awesome after you pass an afternoon or two learning how to use it. Also too bad the manufacturing quality was shit

Pic-related is the only correct response

Attached: u_13212943.jpg (1000x887, 46K)

If this is Jow Forums not /v/ why is everyone talking exclusively about console controllers

Attached: usb-amiga-joystick-inkl-185-games-204.jpg (700x508, 20K)

We are talking about controllers, while the mouse and keyboard may be good, they are not controllers, of to which this thread pertains. So with that fact in mind, please go, thank you.

>The "oh fuck it's good but doesn't work anywhere else"
>WiiU Pro
>Virtual Boy pad

>The regular sensible choice that werks almost everywhere
>SF30Pro

>The "I'm fucking retarded" choice
>n64

because that's the topic of this particular thread. what's so fucking hard to understand?

why not both?

The best retro controller is the SNES; it's good for games of its time but its ergonomics have aged horribly and the controller can be a pain to use today for modern games.

The best classic controller is the GameCube, or more specifically, the WaveBird. Good for most games and relatively comfy. The best modern controller is the Xbox360. I use it for everything I don't use KB+M.

Attached: __sarah_kerrigan_and_sylvanas_windrunner_starcraft_2_warcraft_and_world_of_warcraft_drawn_by_chenbo_ (1600x1000, 869K)

Xbox Huge.

Xbone, PS3, SNES, and Gamecube are all good. The 8bitdo SNES controller with joysticks is also pretty sweet. Wish they'd do that but with the Gamecube buttons like that one Hori SNES/GC controller.

never owned a gamecube but it has the best controller imo

I unironically love the Switch's joycons. Very comfy, nice joystick to button placement, buttons feel nice to press down on.

This

I had the Xbone controller connected to my PC for the past four years, I got a PS4 controller a month ago and can't believe how amazing it is

OG XBOX controller
because my hands are kinda big

have to agree. my only complaints are
>LED
>R2 and L2 too sensitive

based and redpilled

Attached: h86256418.png (500x508, 430K)

I control my games with a moose and keyboard though.

DualShock 3, Gamecube controller gets an honorable mention

Xbox 360/1 controllers are all USB. one can even use standard micro-usb cables. also standard batteries are better than those shitty Sony ones and you can use whatever rechargable ones you want.