The only Z390 MB that doesn't look like a meme

Attached: 1.jpg (660x660, 64K)

You're right, it transcended memehood and it now a supermeme

That looks like shit and all Z390 motherboards are a meme. Enjoy your socket change next year, goy.

>3D-rendered image because the final product looks garbage
>300+ USD motherboard manufactured by ECS which means NZXT has a profit margin for 250USD

Their first motherboard (Z370) was priced at 300bucks but they had to lower it weeks before it was even officially launched because techtubers rofl:ed on their face big time

ALSO ALSO: the latest BIOS update (which you can only access if you click on the "BUY NOW" icon on the motherboard page, was last updated 7 months ago so if you buy NZXT motherboard you won't have the Intel microcode patches for all of their hardware security vulnerabilities. That's fucking laughable. Imagine if MSI, Gigabyte or Asus didn't supply intel meltdown/spectre microcode updates for their Z370 boards jesus

This is the important thing. NZXT has already abandonded their $300 motherboard in terms of support.

Intel is releasing BIOS microcode updates continously now and the last NZXT BIOS is from fucking march this year...

>nzxt painted another shitty motherboard, and added accesories.
It's probably a biostar.

lol why does all this nu pc garbage have so much wasteful plastic shit all over it?
why is the pcb almost completely covered? what if a cap blows and i have to replace it? How much does all this extra bullshit add to the manufacture costs? Do they increase the margin? Fucking kike niggers.
Fuck building a pc out of this absolute piss shit I'll stick with my ivy bridge

NZXT are all looks and no cooling.
They are the objectively worst motherboards on the market.
Sure they look sexy but all those useless plates only trap the heat inside and prevent any cooling.

Better buy the gaylord LED gaming shit and put it in a windowless case by fractal

>he cares about the look of his hardware that as if he has a windowed case
Why? it's just electronics nothing you put up as decoration

>better hide electronic components because they're more diffucult to understand than rgb lights

ECS makes alla NZXT motherboards :DDD

I wouldn't be caught dead with nzxt anything in my build.

tempted

Attached: 1531177158615.jpg (1200x1257, 126K)

Because its the only way they can make decent margins. Any PC component with "gaming" somewhere in the marketing is going to be higher priced and have a ton of unnecessary added "features" to increase the premium of the board ( LEDs, PCBs draped in plastic, 18 USB ports, 4 Lan ports, color schemes, etc ). All so someone can display all that ugly shit behind their acrylic gamer panel case. Its actually getting hard to find reasonably priced PC cases without side windows.

This. It kinda looks like some ridiculously overpriced proprietary shit you'd put on some old Unix workstation.

Why the fuck would you cover all the hot components with a meme plate?
You're trying to make it fry, aren't you?

> he thinks putting a thin sheet of plastic over a PCB will cause it to overheat
do you live on murcury?

Well, you know, there are controllers on the thing, as well as capacitors.

It's pretty stupid to get them out of the airflow.

no doubt it'll run hotter but computer hardware doesn't melt if it reaches 10 or 15 degrees above ambient

the components are going to overheat under that plastic shroud, no?

Well, you know, we're starting to see 10Gbps network controllers out there, and I clearly remember them being exclusively on PCIe cards with fans until recently.

I actually like the aesthetic a lot, but they should consider some 30mm fans under the vrm shroud

Extra heat will cause electrolitic capacitors to dry faster, and decrease performance in mosfets (increasing heat, which causes more heat, and so on). Enjoy your 3/4ths hardware lifetime.

Why not?

>hardware lifetime
>on an Intel board
>while Intel releases a new socket every 12 months

I can't comment on 10ge controllers but most hardware has shit motherboard cooling and still does okay, see every laptop, phone, router, most desktops that weren't inspired by pic related (I made the mistake of adding 5 fans to my first build because my research had greatly overstated the risks of overheating, it made such a racket I could hear it from the next room, lol), etcera

Attached: 1532717328056.jpg (600x720, 88K)

in my experience those cheap mainboard plastic covers hide extremely bad soldering. do not recommend.

You mean the things you have to replace every 1-2 years?

the cover is metal

> replacing your electronics every few years
consumer babbies get out, I've had my laptop for 5 years, desktop for 6 and phone for 4. all work just as well as they did when new (with a little maintenance, laptop fans eventually clog with dust and have to be cleaned, factory-installed thermal paste dries out, etcera)

Attached: 6776.jpg (960x664, 680K)

Well, you just got lucky.
Most 'portable' hardware is doomed to fail because of component heat wear.

DO NOT buy a motherboard with meme 'armour' on. There's no way to access the CMOS battery so you have to take the whole fucking thing apart to get at it

t.own meme motherboard and had to dismantle entire computer to take the motherboard out, unscrew the 'thermal armour' from the back so I could get to the battery

Attached: IMG_5909.jpg (700x492, 69K)

I'm surprised we haven't seen "Thermal armor" over the VRM/chokes in order to hide how poor the VRM design are on some boards yet

Attached: 1538921506187.jpg (961x816, 239K)

Fuck knows if it actually helps with temps or not

>not keeping the two previous generations around as home servers
u dun goofed

>tfw you've managed to stop your chakra pools from drying up.