Is it worth reading? Or is it too outdated?

Is it worth reading? Or is it too outdated?
Any similar book in 2018?

Attached: 91g9sgd7mPL.jpg (1969x2560, 711K)

It isn't outdated since the methods in here are still used today, but the examples themselves are old.
It's worth reading, and once you understand how exploitation actually works, grab one of the free books from Offensive Security in order to further learn on the subject.

all books are too outdated before they're even printed.

Get a load of this newfag

The assembly and C sections are great. Very nice code.
The password cracking is okay, but not alot of people use WEP. You are better off using frameworks like metasploit if you really want to hack something.

books for retards.

stop trying to fit in redditor. we've all been here long before you

>redditor
You have to go back

I'm back to where I've been for 13 years
time for you to leave.

>I'm back to where I've been for 13 years
So plebbit?

why do you redditors try so hard to fit in?

Why are plebbitors so obsessed with their shitty site?

they get so sensitive when you point out how shitty it is

The main problem with hacking is that it has become so broad, and deep in each specific subsector that learning about it in general is sort of a waste of time outside some very specific scenarios. Best to pick a specific field inside hacking and then read material related to that narrow field.

All the easy/basic stuff has been covered to death now and while lots of spergy little businesses and individuals have vulnerable things, auto patching, security apps/devices, hard crypto and whatnot, they've mostly taken care of the low hanging fruit. You need to get deep into one vertical now to be effective and useful.

In terms of actual hacking? Its outdated af. Since things change so fast, hacking is more so about learning about exploits everyday, and keeping yourself up-to-date. This book was a dinosaur the day it was released.

BUTT
Its a good start.

The C and Assembly is a good start for a beginner.

so what would be a good book in that regard?

Almost every common lisp book is still applicable (as long as you accept that CL is still applicable, which this user does).

That's just being a script kiddy. You want to learn the skills that enable you to find new ones. Then you become a "security researcher".

prob not me. I'm newfag for sure.

You first need to work out what you're interested in, what you're passionate about. If you want to deep dive on hacking a specific tech you'd better be interested in it because the general rule of thumb is that you need to have a deeper understand of that tech than the people who work with it day to day. For example if you want to hack web apps then you need more knowledge about web app dev than the average web developer.

If you want a good horizontal sample of the industry then I'd seriously look at the hacking conferences. The main talks from Defcon are excellent, I've watched hundreds on youtube over the years and I've been to Defcon a bunch of times and just gone to a wide array of talks that appealed to me. Back in the old days systems were simple enough that any one person could kinda dabble in most different types of hacking, vulnerabilities were everywhere you couldn't help but trip over them, but the landscape is way different now, much more secure and so you need to be autistically drilled down into one specific tech to be finding or even understanding exploits.

Also books tend to be slow/old, events is where the latest and greatest exploits get shown off, you want to be watching those to understand the latest stuff in the field, if it's old then it's patched. Defcon & blackhat happens first week in Aug typically, and they release their videos publicly to youtube on masse pretty much in the new year, so expect a flood of 2018 vids in 3 months.

Sorry, meant to quote

idk it's getting pretty bad, they're finally dropping out of HS getting their GED and coming here full time instead of only in the summer

until you write your own scripts or understand how the whole idea works, using pre-made frameworks like metasploit just make u a dumb pajeet script kiddie.

sure one could just use kali linux with full potential and use all the tools and everything but unless you make your own things and exploits from scratch u aint no hacker.

until you're finding your own 0day you arent a hacker

t. person who has never opened a debugger in their life

Attached: 1538191997212.png (1000x972, 517K)

t. poojeetor who hasn't ever opened a dissasembly

>Reddit is 13 years old
Really makes you thibk

untruth im static only so suck it nerd I just assumed you were even below debugger level

Attached: 1538669953691.png (295x310, 21K)

literally nobody used that shit 13 years ago, I'm sure
here on the other hand.. the good days

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f91feb6d2ea93f1c3c03b6be52051c2df72da1b7&dn=CERTCOLLECTION+-+BASELINE+-+SANS+%26+Offensive-Security&tr=udp%3A//tracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.zer0day.to%3A1337&tr=udp%3A//public.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//explodie.org%3A6969

go back to digg smfh

BASED

Someone had to do it. Seeding it as well from a seedbox, so it should run.

>down: 86GB
>up: 3,633GB

t. ollydbg user

Thanks

based

Attached: piraticalpepe.jpg (761x783, 150K)

>post magnet link
>git dat Pepe
Thanks, m80

cringe debugger, the only two tools youll ever need are ida and windbg (classic)

Attached: 1538155276566.png (678x623, 222K)

obviously,
that's why i said ollydbg disparagingly

was rude of you to imply I would use it :(