So next Windows literally wont run .exe files

According to these sources, Windows Core OS (WCOS for short) is a new, modern version of Windows and is a monumental step forward in making Windows a truly universal OS. In short, WCOS is a common denominator for Windows that works cross-platform, on any device type or architecture, that can be enhanced with modular extensions that gives devices features and experiences where necessary. In layman's terms, its ultimate goal is to make Windows much more flexible, allowing it to be installed on a wider variety of devices without being based on specific, pre-existing product variants.

in short it will only run DRM protected apps you will have to buy with real money Microsoft will put lots of exclusive shit on it like all the XboxScarlet games and even try and stop steam getting releases and requiring games to use Core OS via DX13 that wont run on win10..

they are not doing a subscription they are literally taking away .exe support adding DRM and forcing new software to launch on it via DX13 (thats why dx12 is so shit and isnt being worked on they saving all the good features for 13)

time to install Linux and work out this Proton shit it can already run dx12 games some one will work out dx13 eventually but if they dont even get traditional releases we are fucked.

sure you can say who cares just pirate Core OS and dx13 but i bet you it will be hard as fuck and literally require credit card info to boot like apple store.

we are doomed wtf do we do they are not going subscription they are going full retard.

microsoft is going to pay amplication and game companies to only release on core os and not release a .exe or steam version we are fukkkked.

Attached: thHHX4HOAB.jpg (474x266, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)
youtube.com/watch?v=TEDs7T13LPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

next level reddit spacing

>WC OS

Attached: wc.jpg (853x1300, 112K)

Heh, I wonder how many winfags are crying right now.

Linux doesn't have this problem

never heard of w10 S?

Seems weird that after doing a lot of work to get WSL on Windows that allows us to almost freely run any Linux distribution and *nix applications on Windows, that they would just throw all of that away and lock the os tighter.

But MS is a big company that does shit in an arcane way, so I'm not calling bullshit on this outright. And if this is the next step from S mode, then fine, it was always a bad idea but at least only aimed at filthy casuals that can't even change settings on their device.

Sounds like bullshit to me. If it is true then it's going to be a monumentally stupid move, have fun alienating corporations and businesses who will still require legacy software for their operations.

Why do they keep on trying to push this shit. If i wanted a apple product i would have bought one.

Windows isn't cucked by a purple haired tranny.

No it's cucked by an indian obsessed with cloud services and subscriptions

haven't you noticed that M$ is desperately trying to be like applel since the release of windoze 8.0?

>cross-platform, on any device type or architecture

Has Microsoft not learned that nobody wants their OS outside of the workstation desktop?
Stop trying to bring things to phones and tablets, stick to your strengths.

>According to these sources
which sources?

Attached: 1424564543356.jpg (660x400, 180K)

this post smells like curry

Linux isn't cucked by street shitting pajeets on H1B

I doubt Microsoft is stupid enough to try and significantly remove backwards compatibility. The only reason they have such a dominant position in the market is because people needs old windows only applications. They do absolutely everything else worse than their competition.

LTSC 2018 just release and will be supported until 2028

office 2019 which like all windows products should have 10years of support is the first windows product ever to have it reduced to only 7 years to 2026

by that logic Microsoft will kill win10 in 2026 imo.

the shit think thou even if CoreOS and dx13 come out jan2020 sure you can say oh well who cares we have 6years of win10 left but Microsoft is literally going to pay and entice all the power software and application and game companies to release on CoreOS exclusive.

you might be able to survive on win10 till like 2021 or some thing but you will eventually be so fucked out of new games and shit.

and to make it worse windows can literally make win10 not work on 10nm intel lol and only make that cpu work on CoreOS... AND IMO THEY WILL.

windows is about to die get ready boys not saying to switch to Linux right away but if you have to skills or know how start making that Steam Proton(wine) shit better because we are going to really need that shit in 2-3years.

the end is nye

> Indians
> being cool or having taste

Even normalfags aren't going to fall for this.

>subscriptions
which subscriptions are these, pray tell

Brown tranny with a head in the clouds

Linux won't run .exe also so I still have no reason to switch.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)

but it can

You can run it with Wine

they don't need to remove it enterprise can use LTSC 2018 (I just came out and might be called 2019 actually) until 2029 that will be 1decade into CoreOS aplications will switch in that time frame.

the real thing this will cuck is gamers thou and dirty pirates who want latest version of software like us.

show me a linux distro running battlefield v without any issues then ;---)

goodbye windows from 1995 till now was a good run but its time to take you out back and kill you violently strip your core and make it run in wine so I can continue to pirate.

Attached: 1533426531741.jpg (250x140, 3K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TEDs7T13LPc

Office 365, One Drive, Azure, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365....

>and to make it worse windows can literally make win10 not work on 10nm intel
no they cant, they can't retroactively make older versions depend on new instructions
they can put in artificial locks but they're probably easy to bypass, like the windows 7 for ryzen one

proton literally run dx12 games at 5% less fps have you been living under a rock the last 2months? valve have been funding it for the last 18months and paying the neckbeards that make and work on it and getting more people involved. valve basically own wine now or at least DXVK guess why they know Core OS is coming gaben is a ex windows employee his mates would have told him about this years ago drunk at a strip club larphing how it will kill steam.

>50 frames per second less
>"not an issue"
:---D

Give me one reason to play Battlefield V. The last good Battlefield game was Battlefield 3.

yes they can you retard you realise the LTSC version from 2016 don't support 10series gpus or 8series intel

they will fucking do it calling it now screenshot this. its not a artificial lock they just literally don't allow intel to release the driver for it or support it at their end very easy to do and probable with this stratagy

You said it can't run .exe, that is wrong.
You should have said that you are gaymur manchild at the start. I can't help you with that, I use computer for work and PS4 to play sometimes when I have nothing better to do.

you make it sound as if your regular w10 user uses these subscriptions, which is false

onedrive is free, and most students can get office and all the other ms crap for free

try harder next time

and I don't even like microsoft

so your fine having to pay 80$ for all your games on windows store in 2years time when they all go to dx13 and core OS exclusive? and steam dies...

yer.. good idea you will be playing BFV with 5people in a server at that point because PC gaming will die.

>beta version of a beta version
>complaining about a compatibility layer that is still achieving more than 100fps
I have debunkd all of your claims and still you're a massive faggot

Don't forget the Xbox Game Pass

I bet you don't even masturbate good for you.

>DX13
nope, it has been replaced with vulkan.

this is not april 1st user....

>this is what 5% less looks like for freetards
LOL

>You said it can't run .exe
i didn't. i'm a different guy.

>show me something running without any issue
>"ok"
>but this clearly has issues
>"GO TO /v/ REEE PC GAMING WILL DIE FAG"
LOL

Attached: 2018-10-09 19_16_18.jpg (937x334, 40K)

WE ARE ALL FUCKED FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WE NEED TO COMBINE OUR POWERS AND MAKE PROTON AND WINE BETTER TO SURVIVE THE FLOOD AND COMBINE THE POWERS OF CODEX SKIDROW CORE TSM TELLTALE SOILDERS AND CRACK DX13 into wine on day 1 or we all shall die!

Most normies I know have at least an Office 365 subscription, that other shit is geared towards businesses. People who need a lot of cloud storage space like photographers will buy more space on OneDrive for example.

Attached: hXc.jpg (500x457, 37K)

>It can't run .exe binaries
false claim
>It can't run games
false claim
>It can't run muh SJWized BF5
false claim
>It runs like shit
false claim
>It has other issues
false claim
>I'm not a faggy gaymuuur "man"child
false claim

fitting

Attached: image.jpg (1000x544, 180K)

your not even comprehending the point of this thread im saying you will be fucked if you stay on windows and Core OS will literally not support steam and all games will be 80+$ usd.

reread the thread and realise the point your making is retarded in GTA5 and other shit its 5% fps.. just go look it up BFV is new as fuck it doesn't count.

im not saying Linux is better its worse but we need to make it just as good because this shit is coming and will fuck us hard.

if your some dumb rich arab kid that buys every game and software for 110usd blindly off the Microsoft store you can just fuck off thou.

>i didn't. i'm a different guy.
Ok, disregard that part, everything else was for you.

>>It has other issues
>false claim
>running software at only 65% of the speed possible on the same machine running a proper OS is not an issue
LMAO

Attached: very cool dolphin.jpg (543x594, 169K)

I don't disagree with you, but you should learn the difference between your and you're... it makes my brain hurt seeing and reading this

they are going to make you get a mark on your hand/forehead to buy food, but you are surprised they are moving incrementally in that direction.

A GPU is not the same as a CPU. CPUs are backwards compatible, GPUs aren't.
You can still use a series 8 chipset with an external graphics card.
The only way Microsoft could achieve it is by asking Intel to break backwards compatibility in either the ISA itself or essential hardware like the disk IO controller, but then it's Intel doing it, not really Microsoft.

>source: thedailymail

Just watch as they retro pedal on all this bullshit.
Win 7 or Vista was supposed to be exactly this back in the days.

What is the point of this thread? There is no source. OP could have just said Linux and replaced some terms with Linux software and it would be just as factual.

only newfags complain about reddit spacing

why are we discussing last years 'news' anyway

Attached: 2018-10-09 19_30_06.jpg (756x421, 60K)

Mate.
Don't you fucking get tired?
You've repeating this bullshit(the next version is gonna remove win32 compatibility/is gonna be subscription based) since W10 WAS IN BETA.
Give up already, it's not happening.

Besides, MS is slowing down Windows development, and seems to be going down the Cloud+Project Stream route.

Well that's interesting. You realize this is a Linux/Android board, right? Sage for off topic.

it´s called S-Mode was aimed to schools and corporations but nobody uses because everybody need .exe files for useful programs (SPSS, Android Studio, Arduino,NetSupport Manager, etc); nobody is making w10 edition of that programs
Jow Forums´s textbox support line breaks, your should blame to Developers for disable that option if your hate line breaks.

I guess i'll have to switch to lunix then. Fuck you M$, why can't you just make a "pro" version without all the tablet shit.

>The last good Battlefield game was Battlefield 3.
>last good
>3
>good
>3
Bc2 is the only true bf

People are gonna be pissed if they can't play Doom. Just saying.

azure uses loonix

The issue isn't windows executables. It's distribution. Linux will allow you to run precompiled binaries without having to buy it from some app store.

year of the linux desktop is coming

>the time to install loonix and struggle with basic shit like midi/audio is almost here
no lord no please

>blah blah blah games
>blah blah blah games
No one cares.

> student

Who gives half a shit?

>step forward
l.m.a.o

>According to these sources
>these sources

this
most people here are either employed or neets

yer BC2 uses the same engine as BFV all they have done is update gfx and fix the netcode slightly in bf4 by increasing the rate to 60hz

bc2 has heaps of modified servers on steam that let you play the DLC for free they prob will work out how to increase the netcode eventually.

sure its gfx look mid 360 teir but who cares its just a game I use high fps configs in bf3/4/1 so they basically look as bad as it any way makes shit easier to see.

screen tearing and thumbnails in file picker, my man.

you must be fun at parties, nerd

also frostbite is old dice will have to make a new engine soon its actually holding gameplay back when you look at how distruction in bfv is same as a 10year old game and how stupid the building mechanic looks. question is if EA will give dice the money to hire the computer scientists required to make a new battlefield engine. they might not. that's how good games are generally made super wealthy company pays like 6-7 super talented people 100grand a month for 6-12months to make a crazy engine and then they go off and do other shit. this idea devs just stay at studios for ever is stupid the actual talented ones shift around and are probably literally working at spaceX right now.

>thumbnails in file picker

Are you implying that Linux doesn't have thumbnails in its file picker or something?

Attached: thumbnails.png (1116x705, 180K)

Technologically speaking, theyre probably doing amazing work to get that to work. On par with docker esque containerisation. However, itll certainly be a DRM nightmare and feel bad for windows fags.

>

The catalog of supported software is Windows' single greatest strength (honestly probably it's only strength). If they tried this Linux would suddenly become the operating system with the greatest backwards compatibility, especially for gaming (thanks to Wine). I can't put into words how bad an idea this would be for Microsoft.

yea, it's 100 times worse.. and has been cucked by trannies for a decade
what about it?

not him but call me when it stops showing thumbnails for ants

>WSL
>Windows Subsystem for Linux
I never understood that name.
Shouldn't it be
>Linux Subsystem for Windows ?

exactly

Attached: snip1.png (1782x904, 616K)

>have to select file to see what it is
yeah you sure showed me user

it's correct if you think about it

it's a windows' subsystem that is meant to run linux binaries, thus, a windows subsystem... for linux.

>literally boasting about having thumbnailed size thumbnails

I think it means that there is a layer that translates linux commands to windows equivalents and it's mainly used to run linux, but could be used to run OS/2 if you made the translations, so it's accurate name I guess.

But it would have been just as good if they just said that it runs linux, there is no need to be technical about it.

Microsoft has no control over their platform since devs don't use Microsoft's shitty APIs.

Apps on Apple's platforms are so nice and uniform and up-to-date and play so well with each other because devs are strong-armed into using Apple's APIs, so are forced to track whatever changes Apple wants to make.

you sound like you're from reddit.
normies with jobs do use those.

muh dick!

Attached: 1348434299412.jpg (240x312, 22K)

only newerfags use it

lol, even intel can't make 10nm intel chips work

>literally thinks a simple formatting style was invented on his shitty cuck's club website
kys

nu-reddit doesn't require reddit-spacing anymore, get with the times, gramps

>in short it will only run DRM protected apps you will have to buy with real money Microsoft will put lots of exclusive shit on it like all the XboxScarlet games and even try and stop steam getting releases and requiring games to use Core OS via DX13 that wont run on win10
IT'S HAPPENING
AHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

is this big enough for you? kdialog btw has more viewing options than the file picker of windows or macOS

Attached: Screenshot_20181009_205128.png (1648x1040, 1011K)