When Building your own PC, what should you buy first...

When Building your own PC, what should you buy first? I'm a decently poor fag who's been putting it off but I'm finally ready to build one. I want it to be capable of running most games on medium-high 60+fps, so I think I'm going to go with a GTX 1060/1070. Should I buy graphics card first? Or something simple like the case? I know once I buy one part I'll stick to it so it wasn't a waste of money. Just not sure how to go about this.

Attached: DOvH_BhV4AAXW-B.jpg (670x350, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=puoYSXv8R-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy the gtx 1070 much better than the 1060 also go to /pcbg/ and ask questions there

Keep your money, Buy when you have enough for all parts. You may find whatever you buy now in future a lot cheaper.

>poor fag
>GTX 1060/1070

Lol i am a poor fag. Only reason I have enough for a 1060/70 is because my I didn't have to pay my rent this month. That's why I'm trying to start building it now

Get an APU first then save up for the GPU. Best poorfag method of making the most your money.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-09-14-52-55.png (720x1280, 265K)

What's dom

>Best poorfag method
>buying new
Spotted the retard.

>new apu with 1+ tflop
k

*old

2nded. Just get an APU and the cheapest mobo and get some 2600+ RAM and a bulky cooler. Find a free case + old hdd from craigslist.

Whenever I've gone "This is just a placeholder, I'll upgrade it later" I've never actually gotten around to the upgrading it later part before the whole thing is replace-worthy.

Buying all at once is probably the way to go, but time things well. There are definitely good times and bad times to buy.

IMO now isn't awful for really high-end stuff, but the price of memory is pretty shit. You'd need a crystal ball to see if the DRAM cartels are going to get done for price-fixing AGAIN next year. I was considering waiting until the 7nm TSMC parts (Zen 2, etc) come out next year (fuck Intel's equivalent 10nm, it's a lemon) as that is likely to be a good time, especially if either AMD or NVIDIA run out graphics cards with it mid-2019. Some advocate second-hand parts sometimes, but I think that's only for seriously low budgets, if you were desperate and so low budget you wouldn't mind something clapped out, you'd probably be using your current rig if you had one.

However, I think I'm going to get the case first, because cases just don't change as much: thinking of either an Antec P100 or Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C, either in white, although I am going to need some extra time as according to my current plans I would have to mod either a little - no even remotely good cases with any room come in pink except that one limited edition NZXT Phantom from years ago that's simply unobtainable, and one InWin I'd have to ship from the USA, and white/pink is my theme for this build (probably going to mod the dark front door inserts on either case with bubblegum pink automotive vinyl instead and use that for some art on the case, I may opt for windowless to reduce noise). If I go P100, it'll be because I'm worried about my cat operating the top power button on the Define; I could swap it with the reset button but I'm curious if anyone has any (non-violent) tips on dealing with felines who like to push power buttons.

*pat pat* Don't worry about it, user.

She's talking about the Document Object Model, user

Attached: 1516826476730.jpg (400x400, 35K)

Do creatures like in pic related exist irl? (Female at birth) or they are just fantasies of virgins?

Buy a used PC off Craigslist or something. Upgrade part by part.

Or start new, get a good mid tier CPU with built in graphics. It'll do fine until you can afford a dedicated GPU down the road.

>tfw to poor for a 1050ti

>high end unlocked haswell i5
>with a free entry level GPU built in
>all for 100 bucks and 65W tdp
Intel can tout all the "muh 5 more fps" they want but at the end of the day they fucking blow when it comes to value.

Used intel trash isn't worth it anymore imho. It leads to very high power consumption/thermal output. Used AMD trash is much worse.

Isn't amd cannibalizing their low end gpus by selling this that cheap? Aren't they worried about people only buying mid-high end graphics cards?

Doesn't the 2200g come with a free cooler?

yea but its pathetic. A cheap hyper212 won't heat soak as much.

Yes I have one.

>tfw no gf

Promise. Also how did you acquire her

>66C at stock settings when CPU AND iGPU both at 100% load
>64C with only CPU OC'd to 3.8 GHz at 100% load
>Can handle CPU OC to 3.8 GHz and iGPU OC to 1.5 GHz
>even when CPU AND iGPU both at 100% load, 80C
>pathetic
This isn't a stock incel cooler user, AMD goes above and beyond for stock coolers. OP will have more than enough sufficient cooling for stock settings which he should keep given how he probably won't even have a motherboard capable of OC'ing.

youtube.com/watch?v=puoYSXv8R-A

Attached: 1537317205189.png (463x492, 179K)

>$30 aftermarket cooler when stock cooler keeps 2200g under 60c while gaymen
lmao fuck that, OP is better off spending that on his future dedicated GPU just like how I'm planning to. If anything he's better off buying aftermarket TIM like mx4, I did that and got like 5C lower while gaymen, stock cooler TIM is understandably cheap.

i7 4770 prebuilt
Good Seasonic PSU
GTX 1060
/thread

Attached: 1517502906103.jpg (1091x640, 84K)