Huge YIKES! from LG for anyone who wanted to buy their Ultrawide monitors

Huge YIKES! from LG for anyone who wanted to buy their Ultrawide monitors.

$1400 for Gsync (100Hz, OC to 120Hz) - lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34GK950G-B-gaming-monitor

$1200 for Freesync (144hz native, HDR 400) - lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34GK950F-B-gaming-monitor

Attached: bdfbdfbf.jpg (1282x1116, 423K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlHdIsmOK_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

... Gsync usually adds $200

Has gysnc and 120hz after you overclock and costs 200 more.

Free sync and 144hz costs 200 less.

What. Why's it 120 overclocked when the other is native 144

>Ultrawide
manlet*

To add. And has hdr.

The value of the free sync version heavily outweighs the gsync. I'd rather have 144hz and hdr 400 for $200 less.

I assume that the new LG Freesync version already uses DP1.4 considering that it's 144Hz native + HDR.

While Gsync is using old DP1.2 without HDR and with only 100Hz native and 120Hz max limit with OC.

Which means that Gsync is not only WORSE than Freesync version, but is also more EXPENSIVE which is fucking hilarious to say the least.

>Has gysnc and 120hz after you overclock and costs 200 more.
>
>Free sync and 144hz costs 200 less.
>
>What. Why's it 120 overclocked when the other is native 144

The thing about OC is that it's not even stable.
youtube.com/watch?v=BlHdIsmOK_I AW monitors are based on basically the same matrix and with OC they start develop a flickering issue that can be cured only by reducing the OC.
Which means that you won't even be able to maintain 120Hz. Or you will have to enjoy your flickering screen.

That's so fucked up.

Yeah like. Stating it's overclocked refresh rate is stupid.

Why can't they make it the native? Oh that's right because it's super unstable. So they have to market it as a good feature when it's way behind.

I notice a huge difference in 120hz and 144hz. So stupid..

The standard for gaming now is 144hz.

They can't make it native because it's old Gsync module that uses DP1.2 with its limitations.

New Gsync-DP1.4 costs $500 more alone.
That's why high refresh 4k screens with 144-200Hz and Gsync cost $2000+

If LG used Gsync DP1.4 there the price would be about $2000 as well.

But is it really worth it to pay that much more?

Yeah you get access to the nvidia gpu lines to use that technology but man. It's just so expensive.

I know a Vega 64 can't do 4k as well as say a 1080ti but if that's not what you're after you can down scale a 4k monitor on games to 1080p and still have all the glory you know?

$1000+ for a fucking monitor is retarded.

>But is it really worth it to pay that much more?
>
>Yeah you get access to the nvidia gpu lines to use that technology but man. It's just so expensive.
That's PC gaming for you.
Of course it's not worthy, it's ridiculously overpriced.

You could wait a few months and get a 120hz OLED TV in 2019 for that much

500 is up in the air, as they use a 1000$ fpga

depends, if you have a job with color accuracy demands, 5000-15000$ is reasonable.

If you have a job like that, your company will normally just fund it.

No, it's not. If you're a business buying monitors in hauls then it's reasonable. If you're just an individual buying a production monitor you're wasting your money because you're going to get stonewalled by customer support because they don't care about the freelance retard who only bought one

if you work for a company sure, but honestly if you are good enough at what you do, freelance will get you significantly more, especially with any art job, working at a studio is just job security.

you don't get stonewalled by shit, you pay the money they will treat your business like anyone else's.

The hardest aspects of the monitor would be calibration, but you can always pay someone to do that, or learn yourself.

The gsync model supports ulmb.

Attached: motion-blur-graph-1.png (576x460, 50K)

>Ultrawide
>Curved

Attached: 1528234875976.jpg (380x349, 40K)

It's actually fucking annoying that even "premium" monitors such as 34" ultrawides are either based on old DP1.2 and cannot even be properly overclocked without running into issues and RMA or infested with some bleed and other shit.

I was looking to buy a new monitor because I'm tired of using my old Dell u2410 from stone age but so far I couldn't even find a single actually solid 34" ultrawide that would just fucking work.
That LG's 34" one with Freesync looks like the best option, but it's Freesync and I'm not planning on getting AMD card.

Fuck this shit. Seems like that segment is simply not even developed or ready.
"4k" gaming my ass.
They need at least 5 years more to develop a proper and affordable technology for the consumers, so far it seems like a gamble for $1000+ (and also top tier GPU to fuel that resolution with high details).