Terminal Emulator 2018

What's the terminal emulator to use in 2018?

I'm currently using xterm but it doesn't handle some things well, like mouse clicks past certain coordinates, and some fonts render badly with it.

Is konsole the only other alternative?

Attached: term.png (410x305, 29K)

st

/thread

GNU/GNOME GNU/Terminal, a part of the official GNU/Linux desktop environment.

urxyzlmnopvt

lol at the text on st's website

Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here

This is undoubtedly the most ugly program in the distribution. It was one of
the first "serious" programs ported, and still has a lot of historical baggage.
Ideally, there would be a general tty widget and then vt102 and tek4014
subwidgets so that they could be used in other programs. We are trying to
clean things up as we go, but there is still a lot of work to do.

Are you a troll? That was an exerpt from xterm's readme. Suckless saw this and decided to make their own minimal and readable terminal emulator. They want to make minimal applications to replace extremely bloated and terrible ones like xterm.

It clearly states that it is from xterm. If you never knew that part about xterm it's laughable and explains why I'm looking for an alternative.

The entire concept of terminal emulators is kinda dumb though.
Why must the command-line interface for an operating system be forced to literally emulate some random dinosaur graphical terminal or teletype hardware? There should be a better way of doing this shit.

I use xterm and termite. I don’t spend hours editing configs and ricing them so it doesn’t bother me what I use.

termite is good, urxvt is decent on distros without termite

Terminal emulators need to be reinvented desu
Terminal emulators literally emulate the old terminal devices which emulate printers. It doesn't need to work like that anymore.
>xterm
fastest, but bloated
>st
lightest, but not as responsive as xterm
>konsole
bloated, but comfy

The default xfce terminal, whatever its called
Pros:
No config files
I can get on with my life instead of being autistic about every detail of my emulator
Cons
Fucks with vim colorschemes (can be a pro, if it fucks with it in a way that looks nice)

sakura

I like alacritty because it is quite fast.

If on windows 10 use a linux distro on the linux subsystem, otherwise use terminal itself.

fpbp

Been using guake for many years.

urxvt mustardrace.
Though, most of the time, I just run GNU screen in the TTY, much more comfy and much faster (+no Xorg).

whats a light terminal that supports tabs and transperancy

Emacs

>not just using the console

konsole

I actually really like alacritty atm

xterm on a xfce wafer with a debian filling mmm mmmmm!

This.
Linux was a mistake.

shit fonts です

ln -s /usr/bin/st ~/bin/xterm

Cmder :^)

fpbp. st is the best out there, and even if you claim "muh ____" there's 99% for sure a patch out there to satisfy your autism.

~/bin/xterm not found

mkdir ~/bin

~/.bash_profile

if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
fi

>alacritty
See, I'd love a GPU accelerated alternative to st, but I just don't like alacritty as it is now. Too bloated, too many features, too large a codebase, ugly defaults, >rust meme. Just not an attractive project to me, but I see the appeal.

Alacritty. Do not use terminator or gnome terminal they're the worst.