Laptop question?

I am a graphic designer, any good laptops you guys would recommend. I very interested in the latest macbook pro. But its quite expensive and their were rumoursl of a new one?

Attached: 1ekdd0wt8fq11.jpg (733x850, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: DE6A7BE6-28EA-4D7F-BC11-2F75FAAC54BB.jpg (960x960, 161K)

*INHALES*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1523464251004.png (790x1395, 621K)

As a homosexual designer, you will find Macbook Pro fits quite snugly inside your anus. I find I do my best work when nobody is watching. Not even me.

thistbhfam

Attached: 1530770718348.jpg (513x427, 59K)

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life
>huge battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>abysmally crippled cooling system leads to constant overheating
>constant overheating leads to chronic throttling to 800mhz
>heat exhaust BLOWS HOT AIR ONTO SCREEN
>screen assembly HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE
>retina meme for "pros" have have glossy mirror screen impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>memetouch emojibar
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>no USB-A
>no escape
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $700 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
>apple will brick your mac with T2 killswitch if you go to an independent shop for repairs

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1526437288243.png (650x4110, 2.85M)

1. Graphic designers care about their monitors, and laptops are bad monitors.
2. Those people you met at the coffee shop aren't graphic designers, they're douchebags.

Look into the HP mobile workstations with DreamColor displays, you can get them used and they have really good screens. They even have upgradeable graphics cards.

Buy a second hand 2015 macbook pro, much better than the current models.

Macshit. Worse than Acer.

Attached: 1507661404341.png (636x727, 137K)

Which GNU/Linux distro were you planning on using?

That sounds reasonable but I travel a lot. So needs something lightweight with a displays that doesn't fucks up my eyes(I have poor vision). Plus I am planning to learn to how t code in the future. And every professional has a sincere appraisial for the mbpro.

Works on my machine.
But I don't run stress tests anyway, applying effects in Photoshop is probably the hardest it has to do.

Attached: W5DyrXX.png (423x384, 315K)

Multimedia/graphic designer here. Don't listen to cheeto tits, a macbook literally is your only option if you want to get real work done.

If you are going to watch anime and play whatever zoomer game just get a lenovo or some shit.

another fellow designer, perfect. what's your professional opinion on mbpros. and idea how can i get more clients?

MBP looks fantastic, won't burn your balls, and won't sound like a jet engine. The system is the best you can get to get shit done, "It just works" is not a meme.

I have seen many HN users complain about keyboard problems, but in my case works perfect and feels/sounds great.

The touchbar looks fantastic, and brings a lot of features for some apps, but I never use it. I'd say it is a gimmick. Physical esc key is sadly gone. F keys are gone for good.

Keep in mind that because apple wants these things to fit in an asscrack, you won't get a good GPU on it, best case scenario you get a mediocre atishit. Should not be an issue if you are going to do graphic design, but forget about GPU intensive games.

There is much to discuss but it heavily is off topic
If you want both clients or a good employer, portfolio is the key in both cases. When I recruit someone, I rarely even stop to read whatever bullshit they wrote in the resume other than experience if any. I directly check the portfolio.

If you have no portfolio, you won't advance, if you are new and you have nothing, check behance and the dribble fags, see what is hot, draw inspiration (or copy) from that and get some files done, there is no shame in this and you will get fucking good.
I also recommend you toy a bit with C4D. There is a huge shift towards 3d crap as of lately, and won't hurt to be able to crank out stuff with that, specially since most graphic designers are unable to get into it. It will make you desirable.

just another question, i hope you dont mind. what should be the ideal price that i should charge clients?

can 3d be done in MBpro?

Can't give you any good advice on that because I lead an internal team in a company, plus I am an expat in south asia. In other words, I have no clue what freelancers are charging. You will need to check with locals and see what the averages are.

Ideally a pc desktop is best for this, but you can do a lot of 3d on a mbp, or any other laptop. I have done it often. Forget about octane render, tho, it won't run on that. Stick to one of C4D's engines if you are starting your first projects. Check some dicknosed guy on YT called greyscale gorilla, he has a ton of stuff to get you started with, easy and fast.
Also, unlike with 3dsmax, doing renderfarming with c4d is trivial, in case one day you need other machines to help rendering a big project/animation.

I've got an idea. i am thinking of getting an old 2015 refurb b pro and spending the rest on good pc? what do you think and where are you in south asia?

It is a perfectly fine plan, considering how retarded expensive new mbps are that sounds like a good combo. Get nvidia in case you have to run cuda shit like octane.

I am in Shenzhen.

thank you user take care.