Gamers Nexus take it too far?

interviewing that guy that owns the company that did the intel benchmarks is fucked imo. he is going to put that like 50year old man out of work and prob his 30-40 employees.

like of course intel is going to influence benchmarks but at least they do flawed ones unlike nvidia that just shows retarded "relative graphs" with no scale or literally make up new numbers.

like come on... that PT Principle Technologies company does benchmarks for companies wanting to buy 10,000 of systems and to work out whats best.

gamers nexus literally just shut that company down for some youtube views.

that's not responsible reporting or free press that's taking it to far.

I really don't care if intel fudged some numbers I care more that some company is about to shut down only idiots read benchmarks from the manufacturers

Attached: gamers-nexus.jpg (900x900, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/industry/3374-principled-technologies-interview-intel-testing-concerns
principledtechnologies.com/Intel/Response_regarding_PC_gaming_processor_study_interim_1018.pdf
amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

plus that company would have never done gaming benchmarks before in their life just weird architectural and office based ones.. give them a brake you just ruined them because you wanted a sensational youtube video.

youtube is fucked. people cherry pick jake paul and logan paul and stuff but every one on their is more of a fucking idiot than even the pauls at least the pauls do kewl stunts..

>that PT Principle Technologies company does benchmarks for companies wanting to buy 10,000 of systems and to work out whats best.
and they do it like shit.

>he is going to put that like 50year old man out of work and prob his 30-40 employees.
he would have interviewed someone else but the boss decided to take ownership as he should, its his employees and intel who have fucked up

>he thinks the boomer and his employees will get fired because a random techtuber called them out on their flawed testing
(lol what a brainlet

Intel stood by their commissioned testing and didn't discredit or abandon them.

They shouldn't have triggered his autism for benchmarking by doing wrong math and using shitty methodologies then.
It's their own fault, a company that does benchmarking for a living shouldn't be giving wrong data to clients because this damages their business.
Would you be OK with the construction compay who built the building you live on having used fake data for the structural analysis? I for sure wouldn't.

>now sneakily throwing nvidia under the bus to divert from his kikery
Intelkikes have zero shame. Go kys.

yer but the point is PT would never do gaming benchmarks they have never done them before and are not experienced in them they would deal with architects and engineering companies and office workers.

they fucked up but who cares nvidia does worse nvidia made up a new metric and refused to show a scale on graphs for months.

its not like gaming cafes are coming to PT asking them what rigs to buy they have literal 0 experience in doing gaming benchmarks and its not their fault intel paid them money its intels fault they didn't use a actual gaming review website like anatech or guru3d or some thing. PT got burned for unfair reason imo intel prob was like hey heres 200,000$ do a fair review on us

>like of course intel is going to influence benchmarks
OP on the left

Attached: 1507145427039.jpg (275x183, 7K)

I bet you if you ran a fine comb even over respected benchmarks they do just as much stuff wrong

ive see so much varience in benchmarks over the years even from respected sources. I think lots of it is from them using nvme and pcie ssds in wrong slots using up pcie lanes so multicore looks like it scales with higher end cards when really they are just hogging lanes because they have all their benchmarks on a nvme to make it faster.

like ive seen benchmarks that show gears scales like 100fps more with multicore and others where its exactly the same... benchmarks are fucked in general.

Let's face it. If the benchmarks showed Intel in a not so great light they would never have published them in the first place. They just wanted someone to act as an 'independent' benchmarker that they could throw under the bus if they did not come back with favorable benchmarks. Unfortunately for Intel the world has changed and people WILL call them out on their bullshit when it is so blatant.

Intel shills absolutely seething that they got called out on being oven dodgers.

This, Intel wanted plausible deniability

Attached: 1538324301089.jpg (186x250, 4K)

ITT: walls of cope

>t. Mark Van Name
Heads up mr. Shill, this board is not reddit.

Are you really suggesting he shouldn't have interviewed the boss? That's pretty much the fairest thing he could have done, letting them explain themselves.

Nice reddit spacing faggot

That's one funky looking candlestick. Looks like it's burned far too much incense. Just not enough to keep the ovens clean.

Interview was spot on, and if company is incompetent, they shouldn't use that as an excuse to deceive masses

WAAA! WAAAA!

Who fucking cares! They should have done it right the first time.

>Hired to do a job.
>Does job incompetently.
>Is called out on bullshit.
>But we don't even do what we were hired to do.
Then why did you take the job in the first place? You tired and you failed they should have done the risk analysis.

these fucking gamers went too far!
ERADICATE ALL GAYMERS

Attached: 1507826675308.jpg (800x800, 405K)

e
x
T
r
E
m
E r E d D i T s P a C i N g

>hey fucked up but who cares nvidia does worse

This board does not deserve such pathetically inadequate argumentation. Neck thineself.

This guy is right.

Quoting the video here from around 37 minutes.

>"This is my company, I'm one of the two people that founded it when people attack and say we're horrible human beings...

>We really do pride ourselves... We picked the name Principled Technologies, both of those names matter to us. I'm a geek, I'm a technology guy, I own multiple electric cars...

This guy is a privileged boomer completely out of his depth, and unable to defend his companies incompetence.

Attached: suffocation.jpg (1155x344, 77K)

GN showed that PT is real company with real people running them so i give them that.

He just delegates from what i understand.

Not an excuse. Either they didn't do a proper job (in fact it's a fucking lousy shit hack of a job) or knowingly did a dishonest skewed job and aren't telling the truth.
Why listen to such "principled" people?

>Another thread shitting on steve.
>Pretty much the only honest, unbiased guy who does proper reviews outside of niche stuff like CPU analysis from roman or power suply testing like jonny guru used to.
This is why I never consider the opinion of you faggots when buying hardware, Steve did nothing wrong and just interviewed someone, that's proper journalism there not linus shill tips.

Pfff how dare you bring logic and arguments here !!! This is HERESY

a website that does benchmarking shouldnt be sold to the highest bidder, it should be fact based.
they deserve to die.

>gamers nexus literally just shut that company down for some youtube views.
>that's not responsible reporting or free press that's taking it to far.
I honestly think the whole interview video made GN look far worse than PT. They showed up unannounced, no appointment, but they still got an interview. I'd have made GN wait 4 hours in the lobby before doing the interview.

Further, the old boomer had quite reasonable answers and made Steve look like an autistic child nit-picking.

Steve could have made it really simple and ask "How is that your performance numbers do not match or aren't even close to what every other benchmarking site gets with the same Cpu and GPU combinations"? But no, instead he spent the whole interview spewing autism about performance variance depending on GPU silicon and people who are mean on the Internet.

>Steve did nothing wrong and just interviewed someone, that's proper journalism
There really is a lot to interviewing someone. You have to be somewhat prepared and know the right questions. It did show that he's relatively new to it, it was kind of like watching someone who's never left his mom's basement go on a date for the first time. Like.. he realized it was just a 30 minute drive to get there so he just got in his car and went with no idea what to do once he got there. Perhaps he expected to be turned away at the door and had no plan as to what he would do if he wasn't.

PT gimped the 2700x down to 4 cores according to Hardware unboxed. Was that brought up in this interview?

>Use of "Game Mode" on the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Some inquiries we have received concern the use of the Ryzen utility and the number of active cores in the AMD-based systems. Based on AMD's recommendations and our initial testing on the Threadripper processors, we found installing the AMD Ryzen Master utility and enabling Game Mode increased most results. For consistency purposes, we did that for all AMD systems across Threadripper and Ryzen. We are now doing additional testing with the AMD systems in Creator Mode. We will update the report with new results.
gamersnexus.net/industry/3374-principled-technologies-interview-intel-testing-concerns
principledtechnologies.com/Intel/Response_regarding_PC_gaming_processor_study_interim_1018.pdf

honestly.. I don't really blame PT, they didn't put an option saying "game mode" there. if you say "disabled half the cores" it sounds like a total scandal. but if you say "enabled game mode when benchmarking games like AMD recommends" then it's a pretty reasonable choice.

There's no way Steve isn't a virgin. What a manchild.

>honestly.. I don't really blame PT, they didn't put an option saying "game mode" there.
It says pretty fucking clearly that before you enable that option in the tool itself that you get mixed result based on the age of the title tested.

>exposing boomers
he's taking it exactly as far as he should

no idea what it says, GNU/Linux doesn't have that option. just saying that I think it was a dumb "feature" to have in the first place & that it's not that unreasonable to use said dumb feature when you're benchmarking games and it's called "game mode". it's like putting a "turbo" button on a car that actually makes it go slower

btw, this reminds me of one of the earliest computers I had which actually did have a "Turbo" button. And that button really did make a huge difference (it ran at half speed in non-turbo mode)

Attached: turbo-button.jpg (2048x1280, 187K)

>literally who said thing about literally who
Get to the "and here's why you should give a shit" part.

Attached: npcgirlfriend.png (500x317, 35K)

>jewtuber reports forging of results
>THAT'S NOT RESPONSIBLE REPORTING REEEEEEEE
An hero.

T. Jewtel CEO

>gamers nexus literally just shut that company down for some youtube views.
If only Intel also shuts down so x86 dies in a fire.

fuck off
start making good products instead of shilling on autistic japanese based image board

Oh well he was pretty prepared, but he did not give them a heads up so that they could bring in everything and prepare.

I have no sympathies for PT, they're incompetent. However, I do worry about GN. I think he should calm down a bit with the trashing videos (Gigabyte, PT, Fractal just come to mind). He 's creating too many enemies, he's not gonna end up good in this nepotism controlled tech world.

>gets paid to publish a piece of shit slated white paper unfairly shitting on the product of the competitor of the company that paid you
>wonder why your livelihood is at stake when people way above your pay grade show up asking questions

This company is a marketing company. Their job/purpose is to put out fake results and get paid to do it. This is the pinnacle of anti consumerism. They should try harder next time but thankfully there wont be a next time.

Attached: 01-Terminator-Arnold-Schwarzenegger.jpg (359x450, 34K)

If he has the viewers he will be fine
If it was some small ass youtube channel with 5k subs he would have issue.

He and hardware unboxed are among the largest and most trusted tech reviewers at this time.
Even Linus tech tips has talked about him

>waaah waaah why cant we get away with being dishonest scumbags waaaaaaaaaaaah

Nigga he doesn't care.
He did that with cooler master.
He did that with AMD and nvidia when they fucked up.
He will keep doing it with any company as long as they don't get their shit together.
It's one of the main reasons he's successful. He's not afraid of praising or talking shit about a product based on who manufactures it.

I am not a huge fan of gaymers nexus, but they did a solid being so willing to call out intel's bs and get to the bottom of this. They put a face to the fraud. Good job GN.

Who cares if some intel shilling subsidiary gets btfo.

>spongebob posting
>thinks he's not reddit
Anyone calling spacing like that reddit spacing is a newfag anyway
Protip: it's the space immediately after the post quote

Your post just gave me the final confirmation to not bother with Jow Forums shilled techtubers. Fucking fanboys exhibiting tribalistic behavior for some literal who eceleb because they need to be spoonfed in audiovisual form instead of going straight to the source.

Because it talks shit about intel and has a very marginal chance of bringing them down a tiny notch, who cares if they scorched the earth

It does seem unfair that the owner of the company gets punished far more than Intel... But hopefully Intel gets the message to fuck off, since their investment in this company just evaporated.

Tech companies aren't fragile crybabies

They only move when a personality is a threat to potential sales, like when Nvidia destroyed HardOCP for revealing the GPP in public, same thing with GN and Coolermaster

Community reps and lower level marketing people know these techtubers but everyone in the middle and high above the chain don't know nor watch these people much less care what they have to say

>implying Intel higher ups care about random Youtube reviewers
(lol

They knew what they were doing and stood by PT instead of throwing them under the bus and pretending they did not know.

>same thing with GN and Coolermaster
?

>He and hardware unboxed are among the largest and most trusted tech reviewers at this time.
GN has 300k+ subs and HU has 250k+ subs, that's not large in any shape or form. Large would mean Linus with 7 million, Jay2c with 1.7 million or Bitwit/Hardwarecucks with a million each.

Notice how none of them are publicly calling out Intel like the two Steves do. They're the ones Intel cares about and are smart enough to not rock the boat too much even though I believe all of them don't like Intel's BS either.

GN trashed a CM case and was cut-off from them since

Attached: 1433023146625.webm (640x480, 475K)

ITS NOT A PROBLEM THAT THEY ENABLED GAMEMODE ON THREADRIPPER, IT'S A PROBLEM THAT THEY ENABLED IT ON THE 2700X

GAMEMODE THREADRIPPER = GOOD

GAMEMODE ANYTHING ELSE = TRASH STUTTERFEST

Wasn't it AMD's fault for tuning its software that the alleged GAME mode disables half of 2700x?

>showed up unannounced without appointment

Fucker, they found that they were 25 minutes from each other, so they called and asked if they could have a sit down. PT agreed, they drove over and they had the interview with recording of each other.

One of the co-founders is going to sit down and have a 45 minute long interview with some random tech reviewer just because he shows up. Don't be stupid.

pathetic

Attached: 1515411243361.png (552x661, 288K)

Not really. Because Game Mode exists for LEGACY applications. Like titles released before 2005, before the Core 2 Quad came out, when dual cores and older were THE way to go.

Game mode is designed for those, whose code logic can't handle more than 4 cores, nevermind 4c/8t or 8c/16t and everything in between.

Worse still, they're benchmarking it against a 9900K, which is an 8c/16t. So to compare an artificially reduced 2700X from a R7 to basically an R3 against a 600 dollar ultra end part is extremely flawed and any data resulting from it goes straight into the trash. It stops being an apple to apple comparison and becomes an apple to tangerine comparison. Its not even close to fair.

Furthermore, who the fuck justifies that using 64GB of RAM is normal. Most people think 16GB is plenty, and 32GB is overkill. But 64? The average consumer and even the "tinkerer" PC gamer doesn't need 64GB of RAM, let alone is willing to drop 700 dollars on memory. That's whack.

dude needs to cut his hair its getting embarrassing

Then they should've called it legacy mode, not game mode, don't you reckon?

>*NEW Ethics don't matter

It actually IS called legacy mode. Source: amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

The option is just available in the Game Mode tab, because super old games' scheduling gets screwy when you throw 4+ cores into the mix.

Attached: zen-legacy-mode.png (1260x973, 830K)

offtopic question, does ryzen master work only on win10, if yes, why?

Win7 is pre-Zen, and the kernel does not have native code to handle multi-CCX based scheduling. Bulldozer was monolithic, Zen is chiplet. How you move tasks between CCXs or leverage all cores & threads is radically different. Also, MS is in LTS mode for security patching for Win7 only. Further, patching the kernel is not like linux where its a series of packages you modify and done. Windows is monolithic, like Intel is monolithic, wherein they have to shit out huge new chips or new OSes to make fixes like these.

Whilst Win10 is designed to scale with as many cores and threads you can possibly throw at it, but even then it has trouble with Zen because its pre-CCX based. However, Win10 is considerably more modular than Win7 and addressing scheduling issues is much easier in that regard. Finally, Microsoft has decided to make Win10 a rolling release OS.

In other words, rather than release a Win11 or Win12, they'll keep the Win10 name around for decades, and like Linux with new kernels, they'll release sub-versions of Win10 major changes instead. This way they can incorporate changes to the CPU/GPU market without having to start all fucking over again, and fight the market to adopt a new code base.

At some point they'll be forced to do a complete refresh, but I imagine at least another 5-7 years before that happens. Around the time when both PC and consoles will embrace MCM chiplet based CPU/GPU architectures in maximum.

damn and here I am making a ryzen build on win7, hopefully I wont be too fucked out of performance

Wait for Zen2 aka R7 3700/3800/X series chips, then do your build. Win7 is fine, but by 2020-2022, be ready to upgrade to Win10 whichever version its at. That's when the LTS for Win7 sec patches end, and then you're playing Russian roullete.

Hey Mark

I already have the parts senpai.

>That's when the LTS for Win7 sec patches end, and then you're playing Russian roullete.
That's better than microsoft fucking me in the back for sure.
I'm more likely to go linux if I have to switch away from win7.