Autohotkey General

Is there interest in such a thing? I dunno, I always used autohotkey and thought it'd be nice if Jow Forums talked about it too but never saw much so I'll try. Ask AHK related questions or share your scripts or something. If you don't then I'll just let it die and we won't speak of it again I guess...

Documentation: autohotkey.com/docs/AutoHotkey.htm
Sample script: pastebin.com/k6WyAWuA

Attached: autohotkey.jpg (300x181, 7K)

I actually just installed that on my only remaining windows VM a few days ago

I didn't do anything particularly exciting with it though, this other program pops up spurious error dialogs while its running so I have an AHK script that sits in an infinite loop of "look for any such windows, close any found, sleep"

>winfag

Attached: 7998776987.jpg (184x184, 7K)

i have been using it for over 10 years, but... I am not the average Jow Forums user. Jow Forums users are too much linux oriented. for something like AHK.

Lack of a decent autohotkey equivalent was actually one of my big reasons for not switching over to linux for general usage. It's just so convenient...

Though this was years ago so if there has been progress since then I'd be interested to hear about it

whats AHK equivalent on Linux?

Over 10 years? And they still didn't manage to port it to other operating systems?

You are actually autistic if you need automation for tasks that literally take half a second to perform normally.

there is none. Linux does not have a lot of programs. And that would have been fine if it was not for the CoC. Now Linux is dead.

Save a half a second multiple times per day, for years, and it starts to add up eventually yanno?

Besides, I just find it fun to make little optimizations on my desktop environment to save me keystrokes here and there and make everything feel more natural and intuitive.

Enjoying the CoC my friends?

Attached: C8RIF3PU0AAgvkR.jpg (675x1200, 131K)

Yeah, so big and delicious CoC

I used to use it, but after a while, I ended up writing my own programs to accomplish everything I'd use it for.

Yeah, I've shifted to that for more complex stuff, usually use AHK for the quick things I can set up in 2 seconds or make a Python script if it's gonna take more than a couple lines. Also depends on how I want to trigger it, like AHK tends to be for stuff I want to run on demand (even if it's just launching another script located elsewhere) where Python or batch (yeah, I know but sometimes it's sufficient) seems more appropriate if it's something I want run regularly in the background through the task scheduler

the Linux equivalent is just using the CLI version of a program (which is trivial to script) instead of having automation to manipulate the GUI.

I mean you can do that in Windows too. I pretty much never manipulate the GUIs unless it would be much more convenient to avoid it, for example, to accept a download prompt on screen and set the save location to a specific place on demand, that's generally easier to accomplish by manipulating the GUI rather than somehow intercepting it through CLI and rerouting it there, but not sure how it works with Linux since I've so far only used Linux for relatively simple tasks

AHK is pretty cool desu, although I only use it as macros for dota

>general
fuck off

i use it for a couple of things

my wireless keyboard doesn't have a function lock so it helps rebind all that shit

the script i do move between systems however, makes the caps lock into a modifier key so caps+qweasd can be remapped to arrows + home/end.

I mostly tried using it awhile back for league of legends scripts. It was always a struggle to get the timing right, or work around things like in game latency. Those embarassing moments when you make an infinitely repeating loop, or mash your key too much because you think it didnt work, and its running the script over and over for the next 2 minutes.

I've had some interest in script automations. I kind of expected places like Jow Forums would have more interest in this. I always envisioned things like
>script that opens a few things like MSN, a couple of web pages and a folder
>positions them in a way where they all share the screen at the same time and can be useable.
Or something like
>go to site
>load latest news
>drop all the images and ads
>import them into an application in the clean form.

Attached: 1538375469480.jpg (2480x3258, 642K)

AutoIt3 is superior.

No, you're autistic when you choose to do repetitive tasks when you don't need to

I just use it to make a few keys on my small mac keyboard run on windows.

Anyone made some scripts for games or automating web stuff?

I like autoIT but the forums for help get really shitty if you ask about those topics.

I guess a general automation/scripting general might be more appropriate than specifically tailoring it to AHK though eventually might just overlapping with the programming general if it gets too broad
Like what kinds of things you interested in doing? I did some small stuff mostly in GTAV back when I played it but always stayed pretty simple, like a script to hold down a key and repeat a repetitive action as long as it was held down or whatever, nothing really very sophisticated

I was curious to see what most people have done in games that hasn't been banned.

As for web stuff. I've tried to automate sweepstakes entries but wasn't sure if people have had an easier time with AHK rather than using a browser emulator with python?

I use it for overwatch

>roadhog fire+hook combo
>soldier burst fire
>doomfist m1+ability combo

Took me to 4200.

I've heard Blizzard banning people for using AHK/AutoIT in Diablo andd WOW for example. Any tips for avoiding the ban?

idk I've been using it for overwatch since release. Just don't use overlays. I use exclusively keyboard bindings and it's undetectable.

I rebound my caps lock key to alt+f4 and have a little script to debounce my half broken middle mouse button.

I think most game creators don't care about key macros, I mean they market all kinds of keyboards & mice with the feature baked right in so AHK just kind of gives a level somewhat above that
Not sure about Blizzard stuff but the main thing I'd recommend to stay away from is anything that hooks into or interacts with the game executable directly in any way. Just stick to key presses & mouse clicks and stuff.

I used it once to make $5K US.
Havent used it since.