Upgrade time

Is the i5 8600K the new i5 2500K?

t. 2500K user since 2011

Attached: i5 8600K.jpg (1500x1500, 309K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/134896/Intel-Core-i5-9600K-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4-60-GHz-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

no

Your recommendation?

Attached: 1511707404147.jpg (1508x892, 414K)

8700k/9700k

i9-9900k

Levi, easy on this goy.

Fine processors, I'm sure, but they're way too expensive. Remember, the 2500K was only something like $200.

8600k is shit value

Why not the ryzen 2700? It costs ~$100 less, consumes less power, outputs less heat, comes with free stock cooler so good it can handle a little overclock. The only negative is it comes with a lower stock frequency of 4.1 vs 4.9 GHz but aren't most games starting to use multiple threads more efficiently for that to matter?

Name some other better-value processors, I'd like to know.

9600k is out for the same price

ryzen 1600/2600

Attached: 777.jpg (300x356, 18K)

8350k prob is … wait until 9350k or some new lowest core cpu in mid 2019.

Ah, that's good to know. I don't think it's exactly the same, however.

No AMD.

>No AMD
Based and redpilled

Why not? The FPS difference is like 5 in most games now. Is 150 fps really that much better than 145 fps?

Attached: perfrel_2560_1440.png (500x970, 49K)

I'm on a i7 920 and I'm upgrading this year...until all stores in my country stopped taking preorders for 9th gen Intels because they cannot guarantee stock.

They say those who still want 9th gens should wait for preorders to open sometime in November because they were told stocks will be normal before Christmas.

Many reasons. One of them is that I like to mess around with Hackintoshing sometimes, which rules out AMD.

Do you really need a new processor? Intel has mostly just been rebranding their old shit for the past 7 years. Do you really need those two extra cores?

Why spend more money for less fps?

But why would this be a problem on ryzen? You can already run high sierra and things like facetime support is being added continuously.

Also 99% of people wouldn't care about this.

Right? Not only is the intel cpu more expensive but you need an AIO north of $100 to maintain stability.

I'm never buying AMD again, so you can stop shilling. I can tell that you're not trying to advise me, as I'm clearly not 99% of people. You're trying to defend a brand, not give me advice.

Haven't been in the scene for a while - is there no patches for AMD processors like in the past?

Well said.
Don't let AMDrones corrupt you.

The 8400 doesn't need AIO. Meanwhile ryzen shits itself on their 'good' stock cooler then tell thier shills to cry about it

Do we really have to keep bringing up the intel paid result fiasco in every thread?

Attached: Ashes-of-Singularity-Hardware-Unboxed-benchmark.jpg (1233x655, 81K)

>Ryzen is cheaper cuz you need no cooler
>Proceed to post benchmark where it need super expensive RAM and cooler to stay close to intel

user I see what you're trying to do for OP but user is correct.
>You're trying to defend a brand, not give me advice.

amd is better

Yes it does, if to want maintain system stability you do. Everyone with an 8400 threw away their stock coolers. Meanwhile you can OC a 2700 to at least 4.3 GHz with only the stock cooler.

t. got mine at 1.35V and mac temp under prime95 is 79C

t. i7 2600K since 2011

I don't give a shit what this faggot wants, just answering OPs question.

THANK YOU BASED INTEL FOR GIVING ME THE HONOR OF PREORDERING THE I9 9990K BEAST!!!!

Amd btfo

Attached: Screenshot_20181008-205226_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 343K)

You've not helped me in the slightest. Stop talking about AMD, it's not an option.

Attached: Ryzen-7-2700X-vs-i7-8700K-gaming.png (600x774, 164K)

>2700X literally just a bit faster than 5th gen Intel
>its a 6-core, not even the 8-core 5960X

No wonder they are out in full force lately, even without the fake benchmarks the 9th gen Intels would assrape these 2nd gen Ryzens.

i5 8600K owner here, overclocks fine at 4.9ghz with a noctua nh-d15 at 30c room temp.
single core performance is amazing and hypthertrading is a meme.

No, it's not soldered.

What's the point?
Intel is still ahead even without rigging the benchmarks

wow are you guys still this bootyblasted intel can only win in fake benchmarks? A lot of those benchmarks are there aren't using 3200MHz RAM with tweaked timings. When accounting for that 2700X is only like 2% slower than a fucking 8700K.

Attached: Comb10102018092249.jpg (641x2895, 365K)

>no amd
Then no 2500k successor for you.

holy moly

Attached: 1478201807359.jpg (775x837, 69K)

There is no scenario where Intel can be advised, other than the "You are a fucking retard and you want to throw away your money pointlessly". So enjoy making the bad choice.

>an 8-core Ryzen can only barely match a 6-core Intel if its chucked in with very expensive RAM sticks
(lol

No the 2700 is the new 2500K.

Because it's good for the price and will serve you well another 5 years.

I'm enjoying my 2700x. It's such a great chip for multitasking, production, compute, everything. Intel still wins by a tiny amount in certain games. I threw a D15 on it with an undervolt and my single core boost is almost 4.4ghz. Wonderful chip. Rendering stuff is nice and fast, too.

Honestly 8400 is best value right now

If you want to overclock to the moon then 9600k will give you about the same fps as a 9700k/9900k for less money.

>he thinks an 8 core incel heaptrash will do better because game devs are definitely optimizing for more than 2-4 threads

Intel = the new Bulldozer
AMD = the new Sandy bridge

Intel will be neck deep in shit until they develpo a whole new architecture with Jim Keller, until then AMD is the king

With current state of un-progress Id guess most topline CPU bought now will probably last a decade.

>Intel = the new Bulldozer
In your dreams AMDrone.

I already had issues with my 4 core skylake a year ago. How the fuck would it make the cut now or in the next year? When you can but an 8 core for the same price.

Zen 3 will deliver 5GHZ and probably 12 cores.
Then we're going to get DDR5
Then we're going to get 20+ cores midrange CPUs

True, bulldozer could be salvaged into piledriver which was a viable choice in a few tasks on a strict budget, meanwhile kaby lake x was violently aborted by its creator and skylake x died in its own piss.

NOOOO WHY DOWS AMD NEVER WIN? IM SO SICK OF AMD JUST MAKING MEDIOCRE SHIT

AHHHHHHH

Attached: 1536959341507.jpg (633x758, 156K)

Confirming that /v/g/ is alive and well, people only build computers to gaym...

Because more cores doesnt mean more fps

POOZEN

Attached: 1536682561358.jpg (552x661, 71K)

its 6 core and no game dev would optimize more than 6 threads for the next decade unless there's a major overhaul of game engines. The drones who tell you about their more coar equal smoother experience are just experiencing snake oil.

dejeet this

Why do people buy from amd ? Amd is litterally just brown skinned indians

Amd Intel is white people

Attached: 1497453434557.jpg (960x874, 114K)

>fps
In what? I have very low "fps" in my browser while multitasking with that shitty skylake. Oh you mean video games. You know there's a separate board for those, right?

>system stability

Didnt ryzen just crash and freeze if you dont tweak RAM timing and frequency?

NOOOOOO

Attached: 1534583851716.png (1508x835, 259K)

Thats correct, 4c/8t and single thread performance. That's gonna stay that way because it's optimal

The additional 2 cores on this gen are meant for the OS/background

That's what intel managers think. When new tech gets popular, devs start to write for it. You could see examples of games using more than 4 cores in 2016, soon it will be at least 8 cores. And still not an argument when you can buy a dirt cheap 8 core from amd with no competition.

>try to have a reasonable discussion on gee
>amd fanbois come in "ironically" posting antiAMD

Everytime

Jow Forums is literally r/amd

They always claim Intel shills are on Jow Forums but if you look at the catalog there are anti-Intel threads everyday.

Even the PC building general is infested with AMD shills.

reminder that ryzen is buggy trash, am4 mobos are shit, require special ram

On AMD Ryzen processors (family 17h), the non-optimized version of libstd which is compiled at the start of the tests contains two opcodes which are not implemented on this CPU family. These will be logged in the system log and will be followed a few minutes later by segmentation faults.

Attached: 1534577800034.png (623x808, 418K)

Games that optimize 4 cores properly are still quite rare and the tech is almost 10 years old. Optimizing 8 core for games requires a while another level of genius and revolution of game engine.

Single core performance is still king for most games and regular software.

It's because of Intels business practices and pricing. A Ryzen 2600X is almost 1/3 of the price of 9900K right now, and at that price/performance ratio it's hard to recommend Intel.

>special ram
>the 3000mhz baseline shit when ddr5 is around the corner and most intel benches use 3800+ ones
lel

only gaymers build their own custom pc you fucking projecting virgin, professionals just get a macbook pro

Irrelevant, Intel has a clock speed advantage while amd has a core count advantage. What matters is the price point.

The 2600X and 9900k are on different playing fields, the fuck are you smoking about?

You mean the 2600X and whatever i5 Intel has now is a much more fair comparison. AMD also priced themselves low to gain market share and Intel will never lower their prices.

Says you. Everyone else says otherwise. Also go back to /v/ if your sole argument is muh gaymes. Most of the time I use my pc on at least two other tasks while a game is running so tell me how a shitty 4 core piss lake would do it. I tell you from experience. It doesn't.

You render 4K video while running several simulation on VM simultaneously? No you beleive in muh smoothness snakeoil.

What does 4k have to do with anything? You think there's no other resolutions in this year? Yes, I watch videos, browse threads on this site, manage files, etc. And my i5 6500 can't keep up with it. So I'll buy amd next time.

No one is arguing that amd is worse for work use. But for those exclusively gaming intel is the only choice.

>Yes, I watch videos, browse threads on this site, manage files, etc. And my i5 6500 can't keep up with it
Buy more RAM and an SSD idiot. Thats not what multithreads are for.

I have a 850 evo and 16g ram. Your move.

The 8600 and 8600K are still more expensive and you need to buy a cooler.

Ryzen, drop the intel shit

Uninstall your life.

>No AMD.
My nigga

Tbh, no CPU will probably ever be as good of a deal as the 2500K. Going by price and longevity today, the 2600X seems to be the best choice, although it will be dethroned by some SKU from Zen 2 lineup.

I was actually considering ryzen for my next build but the insufferable poojeets shilling for amd on this board 24/7 means I'm going with intel once again even if only out of spite

Poozen shills BTFO

need to buy a cooler for 8600K, not the 8600. Intel assumes that if you are buying the K, you're probably going to overclock and won't be using the stock cooling. They're not trying to rip you off, they're just trying to save waste

>still more expensive
by like $20...

ark.intel.com/products/134896/Intel-Core-i5-9600K-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4-60-GHz-

No.
Either get a used one delidded or go Ryzen.
No fucking way I'd recommend buying any Intel crap new at the moment especially price hiked thermal jizz era garbage from last year

>have a 6c/12t 8th gen processor
>new generation only has 6c/6t ones

>AMD = the new Sandy bridge
accurate, they have identical single core performance

Well, Intel has worse after applying the security patches.

>I'm never buying AMD again,

A lot of people are.

Attached: Intel-AMD-CPU-Market-Share_1.png (1700x650, 152K)

>german store
>they only bought amd when intel ran out of stock